London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
You hate to give up on a first round pick but both tests and Lloyd need a chance to play to develop. I think Luca was afraid to make a mistake and was tentative. Poor Lloyd was stuck in a numbers game. Good luck moving forward to both of them and welcome to Mr Humphrey and Winterton. Experience they bring should be a shot in the atm to the younger group.

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
First reaction… not impressed with the players coming our way …Winterton injury prone…. Humphrey only 5 goals …. but after some research both players should thrive in London … welcome boys … Testa was our first round pick and I was overjoyed that we got him …. he went through the first half of the season only playing 15 games … rookie in London normal …. Lloyd from the limited games he played with the Knights I thought he didn’t look out of place …. but as others have said we have to give up something to improve….. Luca and Carson will improve with the Bulldogs… Good Luck Boys !!

Reactions: LondonLocal and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think this trade is a win for the players involved. Testa and Lloyd will hopefully go to Hamilton and thrive. That’s what this league is all about and I wish them the absolute best. To the Ryan’s. Let’s get to work and WIN 🙂

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Zhilkin to Kitchener so he is off the table. Is Mississauga selling? If so they have a few guys who would look great in Knights uniforms. I still think Harrison would be great?

Any word on suspension to Edward?

Any word on Humphries being in the lineup tonight? I’m assuming Winterton is out, but close to making his debut?

Is Federkow injured? What about Mackinnon?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Saginaw is not selling and he would cost more than Wright… good chance he returns next year
He won't return next year, he's drafted and look at the numbers he's putting up. If London got Minty they'd be the #1 favourite no matter where Wright ends up. Unlike Wright, Mintyukov is an import which impacts trade value. Based on what Zhilkin just went for I'm terrified to see the return for Wright.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He won't return next year, he's drafted and look at the numbers he's putting up. If London got Minty they'd be the #1 favourite no matter where Wright ends up. Unlike Wright, Mintyukov is an import which impacts trade value. Based on what Zhilkin just went for I'm terrified to see the return for Wright.
Wright won’t be worth the return IMO. It’s easily gonna be an 06 1st and a boatload of picks

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Zhilkin to Kitchener so he is off the table. Is Mississauga selling? If so they have a few guys who would look great in Knights uniforms. I still think Harrison would be great?

Any word on suspension to Edward?

Any word on Humphries being in the lineup tonight? I’m assuming Winterton is out, but close to making his debut?

Is Federkow injured? What about Mackinnon?
Hearing a team has outbid London for Harrison and they are no longer the leading team.

• Wow
Reactions: LDN and TF519

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
And seemingly the price for deadline deals has returned to the pre covid crazy madness around the league :)

dino200022

AS nice as Minty would be...The cost to get him for a single playoff run will be a giant Mortgage to the future, providing we even have that many 2nd and 3rd round picks in the next 7 or 8 years to dispose of.

Only thing I see them doing at this point is maybe bringing in a Big D man to play on the bottom pair that is willing to their his weight around and will come relatively cheap. Other than ship out Delmonte to recoup some picks. .

Reactions: LondonLocal

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
AS nice as Minty would be...The cost to get him for a single playoff run will be a giant Mortgage to the future, providing we even have that many 2nd and 3rd round picks in the next 7 or 8 years to dispose of.

Only thing I see them doing at this point is maybe bringing in a Big D man to play on the bottom pair that is willing to their his weight around and will come relatively cheap. Other than ship out Delmonte to recoup some picks. .
Del Monte will not get you anything now with his injury and with his past injury. Not looking to be available for a while so no team is going to pick up a player just injured at WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad