London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Toronto Maple Leafs is one of the most productive teams in NHL, who does Easton Cowan displace to make their lineup? To stay up he must play top six hockey to further his development, if he makes it he will have earned it and should be commended as this is why Hunter Knights and OHL-CHL in general are all about, to develop more Easton Cowan(s). Cheers!

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Not taking anything away from Cowan, he is super talented, but how much of the Leafs potentially keeping him up is to do with the salary cap? Easy to plug him into 4th line duty for under a mill. Free up a little space for later if they want?
I’m not sure. They can easily plug someone else into that role that would be better suited. With that being said he brings a lot of skill and can play anywhere in the lineup. He looked good with the big guys (Marner and Matthew’s) on the 6 on 5.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If george and/or cowan make their teams, then a rebuild/ retool might be needed since we don't have the picks to replace them
Losing one or two very good players is not going to waste a season and won't break the team, it's not buying into the team system that does that. The Knights have lots of talents they can move up the echelon to replace them, losing Federkow Paris and Levin might hurt them a bit but they also got good returns for them. They can also bring in players through trades to fine tune their lineup as well.

Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
AMAZING! We have our hometown boy!

This is a good trade. Very happy with the price as well. Bowen will get a good opportunity in PBO as well.

Reactions: jimbarrou

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Barkey-Cowan-Halttunnen
McCue-Julien-Gazizov
Crane-O’Reilly-Copeland
Boulton-Van Gorp-Johnston

Dickinson-Bonk
Edward-George
MacKinnon-Brzustewicz

Simpson
Willmore

Anyone who doesn't think the knights are all in this year is delusional

Medvedev made Bowen expendable
Top 6 forward is next! With that being said O’Reilly looks like he’s a top 6 guy

Reactions: jimbarrou

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
One thing I have always loved about the way London does business is they make an effort to bring in guys who are from London

Will Lochead
George Diaco
Michael Simpson
Vande somple

I can go on.

Not that the organization has to work hard to get fans but its nice when Jr Knights or local players can come and watch players that once played where they play.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Anyone who doesn't think the knights are all in this year is delusional

Medvedev made Bowen expendable
All in meaning what though?

No 06 or 07 first to trade. Only three 3rds and two 2nds over the next four drafts to trade. And London typically doesn’t empty their cupboards. They like to have higher picks every year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
All in meaning what though?

No 06 or 07 first to trade. Only three 3rds and two 2nds over the next four drafts to trade. And London typically doesn’t empty their cupboards. They like to have higher picks every year.
There is likely some more finagling to be done, but at this point even I find it hard to see them dumping all draft picks and a good 06 into a trade for Beck or another big fish.

Welcome home Simmer!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Peterborough Petes Trade OHL Playoff MVP Goaltender Michael Simpson to London Knights

The OHL Playoff MVP is returning to his hometown as the Peterborough Petes traded Michael Simpson to the London Knights for goaltender Zach Bowen and Kingston Frontenac’s third-round pick in 2025, announced on Tuesday afternoon.

Simpson was entering the league as an over-age goaltender. He was selected by the Petes in the 10th round, 193rd overall, by the Petes in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. Simpson finished third in the OHL in GAA (2.73), second in save percentage (.914) and first in shutouts (five), all while leading the league in games played (51). In the playoffs, Simpson finished with a 2.80 GAA and a .914 save percentage in 23 games, leading the Petes to an OHL Championship and winning the Wayne Gretzky 99 Award as the playoff MVP.​

Reactions: LDN

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Adam Dennis vibes, although Simpson is a year older at acquisition age.
I was thinking the same thing but Adam clearly beat the Knights almost singlehandedly by playing incredible. Simpson .... I didn't see that. Simpson gives me Trevor Can't vibes and not just because he's coming in from Peterborough. I hope he proves me wrong and I hope Bowen is lights out for the Pete's....I think the fresh start might do him some good.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad