London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Congratulations to the Petes for wanting it a little more than the Knights.
No excuses, the better team on the ice won.
Knights had an amazing season considering their slow start and some heartbreaking adversity. Proud of the entire team and the coaching staff. Heck of a job by Dale to get this team to buy in game in and game out.
Cant wait for next season with the core we have coming back.
Until next season.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Barkey-Cowan-Humphrey (OA)
McCue (OA)- Gazizov- Julien
Sim-Crane-O’Reilly
Paris-Nicholl-Arrowsmith

Dickinson-George
Bonk-Edward
Mackinnon(OA)-Fagen

Bowen
Willmore

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Barkey-Cowan-Humphrey (OA)
McCue (OA)- Gazizov- Julien
Sim-Crane-O’Reilly
Paris-Nicholl-Arrowsmith

Dickinson-George
Bonk-Edward
Mackinnon(OA)-Fagen

Bowen
Willmore
Willmore showed he can be a started in this league. Trade Bowen for some missing pieces.

Reactions: Knights77

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Was a great ride this year, looking forward to as good a ride next year.
We saw far more hockey the I ever expected.

Was a great ride this year, looking forward to as good a ride next year.
We saw far more hockey the I ever expected.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats to this Knights Team truly was an incredible run. Peterbourghs experience and veteran depth just clipped us at the finish line. Thanks to Willmore a great job under very difficult circumstances.

No slight to our rookie goaltenders but we missed Brochu in a rather large way, but thems the breaks or sprains I guess? Hate his career had to end that way he deserved to be playing right to the seasons end.

Cheers see you all in the fall for hopefully another great season!

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I do think we’ll see Mailloux back. His defensive game needs some serious work.
Agreed. Bugs me every time he does something good and the Habs fans on twitter who only see the highlights are saying he'll be with Montreal. There's too.much downside to his game as it stands for him to make the jump

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Agreed. Bugs me every time he does something good and the Habs fans on twitter who only see the highlights are saying he'll be with Montreal. There's too.much downside to his game as it stands for him to make the jump
He is AHL eligible though isn't he? No way he jumps to the NHL but I could see him in the AHL. Still think politically he is bit of hot potato that may have to be back in London for the "optics" involved?

Reactions: LDN
Bowen will be the starter next season...I will be shocked if he isn't. Willmore will be moved in my opinion and Medvedev will push Bowen as starter if he is as good as the scouts say he is. Not a knock against Willmore...but if winning us the Western Conference Championship doesn't give Bowen the nod...one playoff win surely doesn't give it to Willy.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I do think we’ll see Mailloux back. His defensive game needs some serious work.
I do think the AHL will eventually allow Mailloux to play in the AHL before the start of next season.

It doesn’t make sense for Mailloux to play an overage season especially as an NHL first rounder (Born in 03).

He might not always behave the best on the ice, but he has done well to be mature off the ice.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I think he needs another year of Junior...but hey that's just my opinion

I'll go with he moves up a level to continue the development needed. I think he gains more development up in the E or A than playing with teens. I think A for sure. If not bonus for LK.

TY LK for a very entertaining season. A special group for sure in the hearts of many fans.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I think he needs another year of Junior...but hey that's just my opinion
One thing he can and should work on is the very basic skill of receiving a pass. Too many times this season, I've seen plays die because the puck hopped over his stick, or he missed a pass back to the point. That wasn't because he was out of position, but more because he didn't accept the pass in a smooth fashion, and he was holding the stick tightly.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Totally entertained this season, and watching these guys develop has been a treat. No disappointment in their performance, since they completely exceeded my expectations. Have a good summer folks, and hope to see some of you at training camp.

M21

Oct 10, 2021
It was a season that exceeded expectations. And a “Team” to be proud of. I wish for them they could have gone further. But as a fan I am not disappointed at all. Thanks for a great and fun season. And I hope someone takes a chance on Brochu. He deserves a shot at a pro career. Until next year………..

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
Great season for the boys …. far exceeded expectations…..Good Luck to Sean McGurn… George Diaco and Brett Brochu …. our overages …..as they move on from the Knights ….

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad