London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Regarding Hagens…. Does this mean there is 0 percent chance we get him?
You never really know the accuracy of the article but I'm encouraged to hear that it was a close decision between the Knights and Boston College? Maybe it leaves the door open for him to come to the OHL next season? Historically his role this season in London would have been limited but as a 17 year old maybe the added icetime may sway his decision? I know we are biased but in my opinion there is no better place to prep for the NHL then with the Knights and with the Hunters.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I'm a bit surprised they have our Knights #2 in the country. No doubt our D is as good if not better then any team in the CHL. But in goal we have legitimate questions and up front we are good but I wouldn't say exceptional at this point? I'm thinking they are banking that Mark can and will address any issues as the season progresses? As well if you are looking to build your personal "street cred" picking London it seems is always a safe pick? :nod::nod:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Yes, Nazar (5th) and Hagens (6th) don't cost much to take a swing. But Moore (1st) is a different kettle of fish. Especially after not taking a comp pick.
They can still declare Moore defective and get the comp pick. That deadline is in January and they'll do their homework on whether he will come eventually by then.

CHL teams are at a huge disadvantage for recruiting the top American talent since the NCAA allows their athletes to make money on endorsements.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
They can still declare Moore defective and get the comp pick. That deadline is in January and they'll do their homework on whether he will come eventually by then.

CHL teams are at a huge disadvantage for recruiting the top American talent since the NCAA allows their athletes to make money on endorsements.
I mean if you’re a football or basketball player at a big time program, yeah you can make good money, but hockey players? Doubt they make much of anything.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I mean if you’re a football or basketball player at a big time program, yeah you can make good money, but hockey players? Doubt they make much of anything.
Not to the extent of football or basketball athletes but the best hockey players are getting endorsements .

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I'm a bit surprised they have our Knights #2 in the country. No doubt our D is as good if not better then any team in the CHL. But in goal we have legitimate questions and up front we are good but I wouldn't say exceptional at this point? I'm thinking they are banking that Mark can and will address any issues as the season progresses? As well if you are looking to build your personal "street cred" picking London it seems is always a safe pick? :nod::nod:
Best in the CHL I know that

You never really know the accuracy of the article but I'm encouraged to hear that it was a close decision between the Knights and Boston College? Maybe it leaves the door open for him to come to the OHL next season? Historically his role this season in London would have been limited but as a 17 year old maybe the added icetime may sway his decision? I know we are biased but in my opinion there is no better place to prep for the NHL then with the Knights and with the Hunters.
Limited to the top line lol

Not to the extent of football or basketball athletes but the best hockey players are getting endorsements .
In London they make good money here too lol

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Wow tonight you get a real pre season lineup!
Should be a fun one to watch!
Remember fans it is Erie's home game so if Sweet Carloline plays in the arena throw them a bone lol

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
There have been a lot of terrible pre-season rankings in the past. Doesn’t say much for the folks who rank teams.

I think London was ranked #1 one year and got bounced in the first round lol.

Reactions: LDN and rve24

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
What happened to everything being 15% less in St. Thomas?
$20 for a general admission ticket and no line up sheet.

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Cash grab n they will over extend it, sad

Sell it cheap, get azzes in the stands n promote the game. Thats the idea ( I thought)
With these offsite games, in reality it's cost effective to " promote " local......n play in a tiny arena, blah blah. Don't gotta staff the big venue....I'll stop now lol.
But it's a win win for the OHL teams n small town arenas......not so much in the spirit of the original idea or the fans

2 kids, plus one adult n a couple snacks is sure to be 100 bucks. BullShite imo.
They can all do more to give back to communities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
This stream is garbage. How much can I pay someone to hold the RogersTV antenna out the side door for signal?

We had better signal service on an Indian Reservation than we do here!

Reactions: SteveCrow1

SteveCrow1

Aug 31, 2021
Is there any internet TV for tonight's game? Or just radio? Out of town for this one.
Is a regular Rogers broadcast but they are having problems getting a good connection with the arena in St. Thomas so you get 10 seconds of hockey and 5 minutes of technical difficulties....LOL

This stream is garbage. How much can I pay someone to hold the RogersTV antenna out the side door for signal?

We had better signal service on an Indian Reservation than we do here!
This is pretty bad ....

Reactions: OttersFan

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Is a regular Rogers broadcast but they are having problems getting a good connection with the arena in St. Thomas so you get 10 seconds of hockey and 5 minutes of technical difficulties....LOL

This is pretty bad ....
I understand it’s free so I can’t complain, but if the free games are used in a way to obtain new customers for away games, this isn’t going to do it. I know our picture is trash for our home game broadcast, but atleast you can hear the radio commentary even if you can’t make out who is on the ice. I’d expect more from RogersTV.

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That's not bad for 3 hrs of Major Junior Hockey entertainment. These on the other side comes here on a 5 hour bus ride, they need feeding & lodging and entertained. $20 ? Pay it, it's a good deal, it also includes all league officials and arena expenses

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I'm a firm believer as well that if you are drafted by an NHL team from anywhere else (NCAA, USHL, Europe etc) other then the CHL you are immediately AHL eligible. A CHL drafted player either makes the NHL roster (rare as an 18 yr old) or has to be returned to his Junior Team. I get why the CHL wants there players back but it hurts them especially when recruiting outside of Canada IMHO?

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That's not bad for 3 hrs of Major Junior Hockey entertainment. These on the other side comes here on a 5 hour bus ride, they need feeding & lodging and entertained. $20 ? Pay it, it's a good deal, it also includes all league officials and arena expenses
It's not major JrA hockey though. It's an exxy squad with NHL camps starting. No systems, best players out......
Did Erie stay overnightas you suggest? And if they choose to, its a team building ecpense.....not one ST T n area should pay for. F$#/ it.......let them play someone closer n invite Win, Kit,Gue,OS, Nia, Barrie........whoever. Cut down on costs....but there is a reason they have the set schedule they do........

And those costs ( lodging/feeding ) are actually a team issue issue, not the fans. ( Kids eat at home or on the road and many teams don't stay overnight on a 4/5 hr trip )
The "nuetral" site games shouldn't be about reimbursing travel costs n if it is play one of 10 teams within a 2/3 hr drive. Why Erie ;), There is a reason.
As someone who has handed over cash to refs for games, seen lower level teams books.........ya don't gotta sell out at $20 per head to cover it
It's become a cash grab, plain n simple.

And this is from someone who could care less personally about tic costs......I got a season I've rarely used for ďyears but also went 19 yrs with 2 missed games total ( exxy n playoffs included)
It isn't worth it and it's a cash grab for these games.
Let the kids n families enjoy seeing the unis n B list teams without paying ð triple digits to attend a meaningless game. It'll help all in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
2 kids, plus one adult n a couple snacks is sure to be 100 bucks. BullShite imo.
I agree totally I really do BUT my wife and went to see Denzel in Equalizer 3 the other night and after the 2 tickets, 2 drinks, and 1 popcorn 50 bucks was gone! Life is BullShite anymore ......

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I agree totally I really do BUT my wife and went to see Denzel in Equalizer 3 the other night and after the 2 tickets, 2 drinks, and 1 popcorn 50 bucks was gone! Life is BullShite anymore ......
I hear ya.....
But with junior hockey as opposed to Hollywood it's about grassroots, nuetral sites to give back......blah blah. ( or so they say ;) )
I've seen a huge shift of the last 20 years. I'll stop now.......I'm just getting older n miss being involved when $ wasn't the only vonsidrration.

2 adults vs 1 plus w kids n future fans of the sport hopefully. But ya I get it.

Reactions: Buttsy

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

It's only been a couple years for the athletes in US to bank cash and there are guidelines in place, and the tide shifted well before that change for players to look South to play. Sp many other advantages. Banking a couple bucks from t-shirt sales is down the list of importance for hockey players ( my opinion) but may grow in the future.

Reactions: ZinErie

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

The window for the comp picks is closed.

I don’t think he can be declared defective now to get the comp pick.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's not major JrA hockey though. It's an exxy squad with NHL camps starting. No systems, best players out......
Did Erie stay overnightas you suggest? And if they choose to, its a team building ecpense.....not one ST T n area should pay for. F$#/ it.......let them play someone closer n invite Win, Kit,Gue,OS, Nia, Barrie........whoever. Cut down on costs....but there is a reason they have the set schedule they do........

And those costs ( lodging/feeding ) are actually a team issue issue, not the fans. ( Kids eat at home or on the road and many teams don't stay overnight on a 4/5 hr trip )
The "nuetral" site games shouldn't be about reimbursing travel costs n if it is play one of 10 teams within a 2/3 hr drive. Why Erie ;), There is a reason.
As someone who has handed over cash to refs for games, seen lower level teams books.........ya don't gotta sell out at $20 per head to cover it
It's become a cash grab, plain n simple.

And this is from someone who could care less personally about tic costs......I got a season I've rarely used for ďyears but also went 19 yrs with 2 missed games total ( exxy n playoffs included)
It isn't worth it and it's a cash grab for these games.
Let the kids n families enjoy seeing the unis n B list teams without paying ð triple digits to attend a meaningless game. It'll help all in the long run.
Yup ! Experience brings knowledge, but thanks for the ill-informed argument. Moving On

• Haha
Reactions: howler2 and rve24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad