London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Target is on the Knights now. Top team. We know what they are capable of, we know it’s a skilled, hard working group. It shall be a fun year. Let us as fans all enjoy this

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Target is on the Knights now. Top team. We know what they are capable of, we know it’s a skilled, hard working group. It shall be a fun year. Let us as fans all enjoy this

The target would be there if they were ranked the 18th best team in the OHL lol. Everyone wants to beat up on the green n gold, in any year.

These pre season polls mean nothing and the work thst goes into pre season or any in season poll needs to be taken with 50000 grains of salt. Most voters got no clue.
Context matters.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
James Hagens commits to Boston College

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 3

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Saw some good things from Fagan at the nationals game!

Fagan skates like George but plays physical like Edward. He is going to be a moster in the years to come

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Saw some good things from Fagan at the nationals game!

Fagan skates like George but plays physical like Edward. He is going to be a moster in the years to come
He seems like he’ll be the big mean tough D which you always need

Reactions: TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Regarding Hagens…. Does this mean there is 0 percent chance we get him?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Is there any internet TV for tonight's game? Or just radio? Out of town for this one.
It's scheduled to be shown for free on the CHL TV app/website. Quality will be questionable coming out of Erie, as it's not an actual TV broadcast.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We have so far LOST on Hagens and Nazar. All I can say is DONT screw up on Moore!!!! We desperately NEED high end talent.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
We have so far LOST on Hagens and Nazar. All I can say is DONT screw up on Moore!!!! We desperately NEED high end talent.
We are not desperate at all for anything, in fact we have more talent than available rosters spots and that trend will continue.

Nazar and Hagens et al. Are flyers that are low cost high reward gambles, most won’t pan out.

Reactions: LDN and rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
We are not desperate at all for anything, in fact we have more talent than available rosters spots and that trend will continue.

Nazar and Hagens et al. Are flyers that are low cost high reward gambles, most won’t pan out.

For sure.

The list of no shows is loooonnnnggggggg, but keep swinging I say.

Reactions: LDN

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
It's scheduled to be shown for free on the CHL TV app/website. Quality will be questionable coming out of Erie, as it's not an actual TV broadcast.
Game isn't in Erie. It's the yearly neutral site preseason game the Knights and Otters play with Erie being the 'home' team.

Reactions: Ferda11

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, Nazar (5th) and Hagens (6th) don't cost much to take a swing. But Moore (1st) is a different kettle of fish. Especially after not taking a comp pick.
Agreed, but to contend for years and years as many suggest on this board we NEEDED Hagens. This imo means we should go ALL IN this year

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Agreed, but to contend for years and years as many suggest on this board we NEEDED Hagens. This imo means we should go ALL IN this year
I don't think the Hagens decision will change how Mark operates this year, or in coming seasons. They know the risk/reward of drafting US players. Sometimes you get em, sometimes you don't.

I think, if the Knights live up to the hype to start the season, they will 100% be buyers. Mark has always shown a willingness to add talent, if he thinks it will help the team win and a decision by 1 US player is not going to change that. They have a strategy and it has been a successful strategy for 20+ years.

Also, Hagens isn't even NHL draft eligible till 2025, so I wouldn't 100% close the door on him just yet. We have seen in the past, sometimes NHL teams prefer their players to play CHL over NCAA, so you never know once he is drafted. Finally, as a 16 year old, he likely wouldn't make a massive impact this season. So I don't think it is a big deal for 23/24.

Reactions: KnightWatch

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
I wouldn't count out hagens until august of 24'. He is a late 06 birthday so his draft class will primarily be 07 players. That plus his projected top 3 talent means he will likely go straight to the NHL after his draft year. Patrick Kane was a late birthday and was committed to Boston until 1 week before showing up in London. Matthew Tkachuk is also a late birthday that was committed to Notre Dame before decommitting and coming to London. If hagens shows up it would likely only be for his draft year(next season).

Reactions: LondonLocal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad