London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mailloux will be back next season at some point he's played a total of 75 OHL games he needs more time and I feel he will get slammed around in the AHL
Mailloux signed an entry level contract so he is done with his OHL career, even if he could come back, Montreal will want to see their investment developing at a higher level and turning pro next year playing AHL or ECHL will be the way to go for him. I think he's about two years away from NHL roster, his offensive skills are definitely there but his defensive plays are not going to carry him to NHL not for awhile yet. IMHO

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
hopefully any renovations include a new scoreboard...otherwise it's just lipstick on a pig
What’s wrong with the current scoreboard? I don’t think it’s that old, I want to say only 5 or so years. But I agree, definitely not as cool or good as some others in the league.

One addition I’d like to see added for fan experience, the on ice projection. I find it takes intros and stuff to the next level.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
It's not part of the proposal but does anyone (engineers?) know if it's possible to expand the seating capacity of the Bud Gardens for hockey? Perhaps above the net where standing room is currently? It's just something that I've often wondered.
I could be making this up, but I think I remember reading when the arena was built. They purposely engineered it so expanding the seating to complete the upper bowl was easily done. They would certainly have to weigh the cost benefit though, because it’s only good for certain events, like hockey. But not good for events like concerts with an end stage.

Outside of expanding that area though, not sure where they could go to expand seating, the hallways and stuff are small enough as is, so taking anything away there isn’t an option.

Reactions: nelli27
What’s wrong with the current scoreboard? I don’t think it’s that old, I want to say only 5 or so years. But I agree, definitely not as cool or good as some others in the league.

One addition I’d like to see added for fan experience, the on ice projection. I find it takes intros and stuff to the next level.
The scoreboard is well over 10 yrs old and very outdated. If they want a state of the art facility...start with the scoreboard/jumbotron

Reactions: TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Any chance Winterton comes back considering he missed a season and a half with Covid/injuries. I'd love to have him as one of our OAs and watch the Twintetron line for the full season.
Nah. He’s AHL

There are more seat demands when they are selling out, they can hike up prices and fans will still buy for bigger profit. Eric Walley Construction had a bid proposal for a 14000 seat arena and McKay-Cocker Construction Limited had another for 11000 seat arena. The city turned both down for the smaller Don Ellis version for that very reason above. If you have the money you can buy poiticians and get your way
Need. 20,000 seat arena for the NHL team that’ll come here

Mailloux signed an entry level contract so he is done with his OHL career, even if he could come back, Montreal will want to see their investment developing at a higher level and turning pro next year playing AHL or ECHL will be the way to go for him. I think he's about two years away from NHL roster, his offensive skills are definitely there but his defensive plays are not going to carry him to NHL not for awhile yet. IMHO
Mailloux is ready for pro

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How many of all us posters would love to see Owen Beck coming to London next season ?
A centremen with 71% faceoffs wins (playoffs) very responsible defensively and plays top 6 offensive minutes with an edge. Players like him in the Bobby Clark Mark Messier Jonathan Toews mold don't come around very often and will be on the top of the list of players to get next year. I couldn't understand why Montreal got him in the second round until I watched him play in these playoffs against North Bay and London, he's a valuable player on any team.

Is anyboby else here on this London board would like to see him in a Knights uniform next year, imagine what this Knights team could do with 70% of puck wins in their favors?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
How many of all us posters would love to see Owen Beck coming to London next season ?
A centremen with 71% faceoffs wins (playoffs) very responsible defensively and plays top 6 offensive minutes with an edge. Players like him in the Bobby Clark Mark Messier Jonathan Toews mold don't come around very often and will be on the top of the list of players to get next year. I couldn't understand why Montreal got him in the second round until I watched him play in these playoffs against North Bay and London, he's a valuable player on any team.

Is anyboby else here on this London board would like to see him in a Knights uniform next year, imagine what this Knights team could do with 70% of puck wins in their favors?
Yes, he's great on faceoffs but for me he wouldn't be a top choice.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Scoreboard is from the 10/11 season. It was dated then, much like the first one from 02/03.

I’d like to go all out and create standing room behind the last row of seats in the lower bowl and bring back standing room in the defensive zone, 300 level, behind the net.

Couldn’t care less about the other bells and whistles.

More seating capacity would be ideal as @TheOrangePylon said. I have no idea if that’s possible.
I did not realize that scoreboard was already 10+ years old, just doesn't seem like that long ago they put it in, Time flies! But yes, definitely not the most flashy scoreboard, it's fine but nothing special. I just figured a new scoreboard wouldn't be considered because it was only like 5 years old, but now knowing it is over 10, maybe that will be on the table!

I did not realize that scoreboard was already 10+ years old, just doesn't seem like that long ago they put it in, Time flies! But yes, definitely not the most flashy scoreboard, it's fine but nothing special. I just figured a new scoreboard wouldn't be considered because it was only like 5 years old, but now knowing it is over 10, maybe that will be on the table!
for me it should be the #1 priority...the current one is an embarassment

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I agree....getting the top notch talent we've drafted to report should be priority one this off season
Very understandable, but man, if I am a coach I want my team to have puck control and passing up on a faceoff man of Owen Beck's caliber would be very hard to do. Forechecking is the name of the game and if you can take possession without the extra work you are well on your way to sure success with the team they have have coming back. In my humble opinion !

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Moore would be nice, but I dont see him n London for a year at lesst, if at all. I think PJ signs, and Medvedev.

Question : with the Soo loaded and signing somehigh impact prospects, whats your thoughts on going after McConnel -Barker? Big London kid potted 30 goals and 47 assists last year. I think hed look good in Green and Gold.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who’s the captain next year? Barkey? Cowan? McCue? George? Dickinson? Humphrey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad