London Knights 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Read between the lines. Did I say he'd be playing for the Knights

When you say playing in London next year after all you can’t blame me for thinking you might have been insinuating it is for the Knights .

If you had said for the Western Mustangs next year then, I wouldn’t have quoted your comment with confusion .

Brochu with his impressive production and OHL career should land an ELC or AHL contract at the bear minimum

Reactions: zman77
When you say playing in London next year after all you can’t blame me for thinking you might have been insinuating it is for the Knights .

If you had said for the Western Mustangs next year then, I wouldn’t have quoted your comment with confusion .

Brochu with his impressive production and OHL career should land an ELC or AHL contract at the bear minimum
Well...I did say school...so.......

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach and Otto

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Well...I did say school...so.......

So I was still confused , lots of OHL players in the past go back for Overage years to continue schooling .

Anyway you have Clarified your point Phlyer so we are all good here .

Sorry your Knights didn’t give you the result you had hoped for I thought they were the favourites going into this and would win it all . Losing isn’t easy especially after the magical season they had

So I was still confused , lots of OHL players in the past go back for Overage years to continue schooling .

Anyway you have Clarified your point Phlyer so we are all good here .

Sorry your Knights didn’t give you the result you had hoped for I thought they were the favourites going into this and would win it all . Losing isn’t easy especially after the magical season they had
My Knights gave me more than the result I hoped for.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Bowen will be the starter next season...I will be shocked if he isn't. Willmore will be moved in my opinion and Medvedev will push Bowen as starter if he is as good as the scouts say he is. Not a knock against Willmore...but if winning us the Western Conference Championship doesn't give Bowen the nod...one playoff win surely doesn't give it to Willy.
I could see them taking all 3 into camp and early season, I think both Bowen and Willmore showed they are capable and what they get in Medvedev is an unknown. So I could see a little 3 way competition for at least camp and go from there. If a trade needs to happen after that, then it will. We have seen Mark make early season trades in the trades past.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
A big Thanks to all London Knights players their full staffs the whole organization for their wonderful roller coaster ride year, another one of their most exciting yet. Looking forward to next season for more, have a safe summer ! Cheers !!

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Barkey-Cowan-Humphrey (OA)
McCue (OA)- Gazizov- Julien
Sim-Crane-O’Reilly
Paris-Nicholl-Arrowsmith

Dickinson-George
Bonk-Edward
Mackinnon(OA)-Fagen

Bowen
Willmore
Any chance Winterton comes back considering he missed a season and a half with Covid/injuries. I'd love to have him as one of our OAs and watch the Twintetron line for the full season.

Reactions: TheCoach

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Kudos to the Knights on this season. They faced a lot of adversity and pushed through to game 6 of the final. Lots to be proud of this year, and you have a good young group going forward.

As a Bulldogs fan it was fun following along watching Diaco, Humphrey, and Winterton. Wishing Diaco and Winterton all the best as they move on.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
One last thought as I am seeing a lot of London supporters stating “the better team won”. I missed Game 4 but saw most all of the other games. I just am not convinced that this is true? I’m not dumping on our youngsters in goal BUT in my opinion we simply got “out goalied” in the end? Goaltending isn’t just about the saves as we all know but the timing of those saves can be critical. There is no doubt in my mind if we had our veteran goalie in net the series probably is over in 5 (maybe 6?) with London heading out west? And that’s not because Brochu would have had to stand on his head. I believe the leads in Games 2 & 3 we gave up would not have happened had Brett been between the pipes? I think if we agree on that thought then how possibly did the “best team win”?

I just think to some degree we are being a little harsh or dismissive of how good this Knights team was when we say the “best team won”?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Petes won the series 4-2. They made the plays that needed to be made when it counted. Not just goal tending, but their vets and top players made plays. Blame the goalie or credit the playmaker? So many 2on1s n breakaways in the 3 game streak the Petes had. That's not on the goalies.
I believe the better team in the series won. Scoreboard counts. JMO.
And it doesn't take anything away from the Knights squad. They were full measure for what they accomplished and where they ended up. Battled hard. Really enjoyable squad who maxed out their potential better than so many past teams.
Great season and I guess DH is a good coach again lol.

Reactions: EvenSteven and Otto
1684770105045.png

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
One last thought as I am seeing a lot of London supporters stating “the better team won”. I missed Game 4 but saw most all of the other games. I just am not convinced that this is true? I’m not dumping on our youngsters in goal BUT in my opinion we simply got “out goalied” in the end? Goaltending isn’t just about the saves as we all know but the timing of those saves can be critical. There is no doubt in my mind if we had our veteran goalie in net the series probably is over in 5 (maybe 6?) with London heading out west? And that’s not because Brochu would have had to stand on his head. I believe the leads in Games 2 & 3 we gave up would not have happened had Brett been between the pipes? I think if we agree on that thought then how possibly did the “best team win”?

I just think to some degree we are being a little harsh or dismissive of how good this Knights team was when we say the “best team won”?

There will always be many intangibles....perhaps the Knights could've come out on top if the series was re-played in a weeks time, or if they hadn't caught the flu bug, or if Brochu was healthy, but then the Petes could say, they would still win if they had all their players back and healthy.

Bottom line, nothing is ever ideal from the perspective of either side, but the Petes won and showed a ton of grit in doing so, without several starters.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Mixed feelings today, it was an unbelievable ride with this unforgettable team. This was really the 2016 team just a year younger..... it's hard to imagine how we lose a game next year.

Cowan Gazizov Barkey
McCue Humphrey Julien
Crane Sim Federkow
ORiley Paris Nicholl
Arrowsmith

Bonk George
Dickinson Edward
Leonard Pj Fagan

Bowen
Willmore
Medvedev

They make a move or two to upgrade the top 6 and collect draft stock with our very effective scraps. In 2015 we traded Mermis McCarron and Sterk and really no moves except for adding Graves for next to nothing.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Mailloux will be back next season at some point he's played a total of 75 OHL games he needs more time and I feel he will get slammed around in the AHL

Reactions: jimbarrou

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
It’s possible to add seating on top of the scoreboard, Madison Square Garden was considering it in their 2013 renovations but it was stupid expensive. Basically a 100 million dollars to add a few hundred seats that cannot see the whole ice surface at any one time. But, anything is possible.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's not part of the proposal but does anyone (engineers?) know if it's possible to expand the seating capacity of the Bud Gardens for hockey? Perhaps above the net where standing room is currently? It's just something that I've often wondered.
There are more seat demands when they are selling out, they can hike up prices and fans will still buy for bigger profit. Eric Walley Construction had a bid proposal for a 14000 seat arena and McKay-Cocker Construction Limited had another for 11000 seat arena. The city turned both down for the smaller Don Ellis version for that very reason above. If you have the money you can buy poiticians and get your way

Reactions: zman77 and nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad