London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
look at your calendar and who our opponent is. And then look back to the last time we played them and how that opponent keyed in on a certain Knight.

Has the potential to be a powder keg. See Robbie Drummond for further reference. That's all I'll say on the subject
i follow to Kitchener on Jan 11th then im lost LOL guess ill have to wait and see

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
i follow to Kitchener on Jan 11th then im lost LOL guess ill have to wait and see

Thomas was the player targeted that night in Kitchener, Connor Hall was the trouble maker. Robbie Drummond was a fast skating Right Winger for the Knights and I don't get the connection yet for the Jan 11th game, unless he has something to do with referring games now ???

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Thomas was the player targeted that night in Kitchener, Connor Hall was the trouble maker. Robbie Drummond was a fast skating Right Winger for the Knights and I don't get the connection yet for the Jan 11th game, unless he has something to do with referring games now ???

For those of you still in high school, google Drummond Kindl Foreman

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
look at your calendar and who our opponent is. And then look back to the last time we played them and how that opponent keyed in on a certain Knight.

Has the potential to be a powder keg. See Robbie Drummond for further reference. That's all I'll say on the subject

I do recall that game and hit. At the time robbie Drummond was the Knight's captain, and that hit went unpunished ( in the opinion of Knights players and fans. )
The next meeting of the two clubs, Jordan Foreman & Josh Beaulieu both went after Jacob Kindle to "send a message" that transgressions of that sort would'nt be tolerated. Kitchener fans were somewhat astounded that the Knights would basically sacrifice that game in order to deliver the message. Kindle spent the rest of the game as a target, and the Knights lost the game due to power plays intentionally given up.

Rob Drummond was never again the same player that he was previous to the hit

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Nothing is going to happen on Jan 11, those kind of games are long gone especially the ones with high expectencies. Kids can now go through a whole junior career without even dropping gloves once.

Nothing is going to happen on Jan 11, those kind of games are long gone especially the ones with high expectencies. Kids can now go through a whole junior career without even dropping gloves once.
So long gone that one happened in our rink less than 2 years ago and in my opinion was the turning point in setting the eventual Memorial Cup Champions identity and team bond

Reactions: sbpointer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So long gone that one happened in our rink less than 2 years ago and in my opinion was the turning point in setting the eventual Memorial Cup Champions identity and team bond

I agree with you these kind of games help team bonding, I guess what I should have said is they are few in between to what it used to be and often hardly live up to it's hype . Coming from a time these kind of activities were part of the daily games or certainly a weekly occurence back in the 70s and early 80s.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

That was the exact moment I turned to my wife who was listening to Mike Stubbs in the car with me and said " these guys are gonna be alright " . It was a defining moment for that group for sure.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Is the game tonight will be viewed as measuring test for the Knights or is it too soon yet?

How they prepare for an important regular season game against a top team or is it viewed as just another game. May give us an indication what kind of team we could have for the playoffs and if this is a go for it year or not.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Important game tonight. Not so much for the standings but in terms of seeing where this team is at.

I hope Sarnia brings their best tonight so we can see where we stack up.

Reactions: TheCoach

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Played less than 10 minutes last minute and Weber wasn't in the lineup.

I've been saying it for a while - the writing is on the wall for him to come down.
13 minutes a game ago and PP time; you're reading something into this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad