London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
How did Ian McKinnon end up on the Steelheads? That is too bad I liked him thought he had some good jump.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Also how does Nelson not get any love from the coaches? He's got 4 goals this season and he has played well...not much ice time though.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We need to get WAY better on 5 on 3's! Need some practice or something.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I just noticed Formenton, Bouchard and Thomas are all wearing the 'A' tonight. Thats pretty cool. All three are 99's and could be back next year

Reactions: Rubbers29

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
There's the proof, keep Jones out of the sin box, what a game from #49 and the whole team. Best game so far and nice win over the Rangers !!!

Reactions: LDN and zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
This game is all about coaching. The Rags should feel embarrassed. You're on a 13 game losing streak to London who are last in the West. They come into your barn and put the boots to you.

Coach should have had his team up for this game and sent a statement. Heck put the box scores from the last 13 games up in the dressing room.

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This game is all about coaching. The Rags should feel embarrassed. You're on a 13 game losing streak to London who are last in the West. They come into your barn and put the boots to you.

Coach should have had his team up for this game and sent a statement. Heck put the box scores from the last 13 games up in the dressing room.
Knights needed this more then the Rags!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Okay we need to play like this every night. Need to obviously cut down on the penalty's and shots against and start capitalizing on our powerplay opportunities, but a win is a win :) Feels good to finally get another. It has been so long!

Reactions: Purple Phart

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I agree, hockey always have some room for the smart games , I would however leave the cheerleading for the leaders on the team . Kitchener was completly out coached and outclassed in this game tonight !!!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This team's strength used to be their left shooting defenceman - Juolevi, Mete, Crawley. But they lacked good right shooters.

Now it seems like it's the opposite. The best 3 defenceman on the team are righties - Bouchard, Collins and Regula

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Excellent Team effort by the Knights!!
Formenton fit in very well with Thomas and Miletic..............speed and skill!
Collins has solidified the Defence on the back end.
He is our #2 D-Man.............nice acquisition by the Knights for very little.
Raaymakers was very good. He looked like in mid season form.
He showed a lot of poise for his first game.
No rebounds.
His Angles on the Shooters were excellent.
Raaymakers is a spark plug and the guys fed off of his confidence.
The Knights made the right moves in the past week or so to change the
chemistry of the team while adding veteran experience and skill.
Jonesy played a great game..................Nice Hat Trick!
He's playing with a lot of determination and focus.................1st Star!!
Cliff Pu and Jonesy dominate out there.
Robbie Thomas............both his goals were very pretty especially the second one.
The second goal looked like Thomas of 'old.'
Like the other Vets Thomas is starting to get his rhythm on the ice.
Kudos to:
Regula.........playing better every game..............he's our #3-D-man.
Not sure where's he ranked in the NHL Draft but he's got to be moving up the ladder fast.
Golden is #4............coming along each game.
Cottam.............surprised me.
He's a very good skater and checker............nice game.
Power Play:
imho.
London has excellent Shooters and Puck Handlers...........some of the best in the OHL.
I would suggest using 'slap passes' and deflections in front of the net more.
The change of direction of the puck will give the Power Play more success in goals.
Todays Goalies cover a lot of space even with London's big shooters.
Quick change of direction of the puck will bode well.
Overall..................Excellent Game!!

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This team's strength used to be their left shooting defenceman - Juolevi, Mete, Crawley. But they lacked good right shooters.

Now it seems like it's the opposite. The best 3 defenceman on the team are righties - Bouchard, Collins and Regula
Just imagine that as our top 6 :popcorn:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
When you're at the very bottom, you can only climb up. To do that, you take that first step onto the first rung. The Rangers are so accustomed at being stepped on by the Knights, it only makes sense that they should become that initial rung. :D

Reactions: Knights2729 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
When you're at the very bottom, you can only climb up. To do that, you take that first step onto the first rung. The Rangers are so accustomed at being stepped on by the Knights, it only makes sense that they should become that initial rung. :D
We'll keep on climbing!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I'm telling you guys, Joseph Raaymakers is the rea deall! I know it's the first game, but I've seen him have amazing games from him when facing the Knights, and as for his GAA and SV%, when has SSM actually had decent defence since DeAngelo and Nurse?? Raaymakers carried the backend of the SSM during the playoffs... He's gonna be fine, and the defence will settle into their own knowing they have a dependable goalie behind them.... and it will also give Kooy some time to regain his confidence.

Reactions: LDN

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Everything positive after a win. Everything negative after a loss. Good ol’ HFBoards.

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad