London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Alex Turko's ugly hit, bad penalty to take and the Knights were very lucky to escape any damage from it. Players must be aware of where they place their shoulders if they are going to hit a player. Also players must be aware at all time of the risk of being hit on the ice, got to keep their heads up even if the puck is at their feet, or ban the hitting completely. Turko is deserving of his penalty and possible suspension but Fox should also bear responsibility , his punishment was for him to be shooken up for a while !!!

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Good game boys! This is the real Knights team! Lets keep this up

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They looked good, very strong performance by the team resulting in a 5-2 victory over Mississauga. If anything was missing I'd say their power play was none existent, needs lots of work to do still. What I really like is the calmness of Collins, this guy is totally unnerving and it rubs off on the rest of the team. Raaymakers and Collins are excellent aquisitions for the Knights !!!

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Cliff Pu is still a bit off of his normal game. He has to get back to the same form he was in last year when he was playing well, putting up points and winning most faceoffs. It is clear that Robert Thomas is the #1 centre on this team now He is very skilled and also plays a responsible two way game.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Cliff Pu is doing fine...............heck of a player!!
He's a bit 'snake bitten' with scoring but that does not equate how well he's playing his overall game.
Dale is playing Cliff and Robbie Thomas in all situations..............he trusts them both a lot.
Power Play: imho
I'd lie to see Cliff and Jonesy switch to their 'off wings' for better angle shots.
Jones........Right Side
Cliff Pu.....Left Side.
Also, would like to see more 'One-Timers', 'Slap Deflections' as well as
Passes and Shots inside 10-15 Feet.
Evan Bouchard has been consistently good all season.
Collins has given the Knight's D stability................what a gift!!
Joseph Raaymakers is very good.
He plays his angles well and has great rebound control.
All in all a very good game by the Knights.
Their record will be above .500% very soon.

Reactions: LDN

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Really like the way the D is developing.
Cannot say enough about how good the acquisition of Shane Collins has been.
AlexRegula gets better each game I watch.
Perrott played his Best game today.
All the above has helped Bouchard who is Not trying to do everything.
Raaymaker was solid again.
Lot of teams are going to be wary of playing the Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Really like the way way the D is developing.
Cannot say enough about how good the acquisition of Shane Collins has been.
AlexRegula gets better each game I watch.
Perroux played his Best game today.
Raaymaker was solid again.
How is JR trade looking for you guys now
Hopefully he helps you guys but not too much lol

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Aside from goal #2 he looked good again.

Thomas and Jones are stepping up like we need them too.

I've been super happy with the Collins acquisition. Helped out the defense so much.

Regula is gonna climb the draft charts.

5th straight good game from this team. By the way, today's game is as good of a game as you'll ever see between two last placed teams. Both teams should be rising up the standings in short order.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Joseph Raaymakers has been a key part for the Knights to turn their season
around with winning!
He's been very solid on his 'rebound control' and overall coverage of his net.
One can see he's relaxed and confident and that has rubbed off on the Boys.
This was a very good trade for Dale and Staff.
Knights Fans have been spoiled with great Goalies like Tyler Parsons and Houser.
Raaymakers is excited to be playing for the Knights and it shows.
His record is not indicative on how good a goalie he is in the OHL.
Excellent Trade.............he could be a 'show stopper' in Play-Offs!!

Reactions: Knights77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Does anyone else think Dale is showcasing some players, to possibly pick up picks to load the cupboards. He had Cottam. Duhard Nelson up front as well as Coome and Regula on for the last 50 sec. of the game. Out of the five I count three players could be up for trades, Regula and Nelson are not amounts them. Although Cottam has been really good his last two games, they may want to keep him !!!

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Aside from goal #2 he looked good again.

. By the way, today's game is as good of a game as you'll ever see between two last placed teams. Both teams should be rising up the standings in short order.
Good observation.
Mississauga was not that bad and actually carried the play in the 3rd until the 2 Knights goals.
This was a closer game than the score indicated.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Does anyone else think Dale is showcasing some players, to possibly pick up picks to load the cupboards. He had Cottam. Duhard Nelson up front as well as Coome and Regula on for the last 50 sec. of the game. Out of the five I count three players could be up for trades, Regula and Nelson are not amounts them. Although Cottam has been really good his last two games, they may want to keep him !!!
Did you know JRs goalie coach with the hounds was former knight Dan Stewart 94-96 kinda ironic that now he is helping you guys turn your season around

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Did you know JRs goalie coach with the hounds was former knight Dan Stewart 94-96 kinda ironic that now he is helping you guys turn your season around

Really ? Not the Dan Stewart who appeared in a total of 11 games for London in the mid 90's , he had a very good clean record for the 8 complete games he played of 0 win 8 losses. We are starting to get the idea of why JR wanted out ! Of course I am kidding, Thanks the hounds for us !!!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Round One of the "Byfield sweepstakes" goes to Mississauga as the Knights take the 2 pts. and leapfrog the Steelheads in the standings.
RE: PP...I can understand Hunter going with 5 forwards as that allows Bouchard to get some much needed rest to keep him fresh for 5 on 5 (and SH) play. He's been getting lots of minutes. However, I don't want to see Tymkin on the PP even if his job is just to stand in front of the net to screen the goalie. He has hands of stone and should never be out there with the man advantage. I thought Bouchard, Thomas, and Formenton were London's best players today. The Knights' offence was impressive at times, and was aided by having Vella between the pipes for Missie.
Vella is a 2-time winner of the "Van Buskirk award" (named after the former Storm goalie) as the OHL's worst netminder. Vella's so bad that the league only awards a 1/2 point if you score a goal against him. Hey, easy, I'm kidding...
Keeping my eye on Regula--I think he's going to be a good one. Raaymakers has been solid--has only allowed 3 goals in 2 games, and he assisted on 2 of the 3 goals! It was a relatively entertaining game something that I don't recall having said before this season. (I missed the game in Kitchener)

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Really ? Not the Dan Stewart who appeared in a total of 11 games for London in the mid 90's , he had a very good clean record for the 8 complete games he played of 0 win 8 losses. We are starting to get the idea of why JR wanted out ! Of course I am kidding, Thanks the hounds for us !!!
Everyone knows why he wanted out

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Duhart cant be traded

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
One thing that pisses me off is Rollo getting playing time instead of Carbo.
Carbo adds a much Bigger dimension to the game than Rollo.
Guess thats why Iam not a coach

It may be so just as you say, Carbonara might be the one they are going to keep, since the Rollo's deal came before Collins came to mix things up. But there are two things they need to do, first is to showcasing Rollo for potential trade and second is insuring every opportunity is given for Rollo to prove his worthy to this team. If not in the end he may simply play himself off the team as he realizes he can't deliver, I think Carbo is still safely part of this team !!!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Dont look not but Erie has beaten Owen Sound 6-4 and 4-3 on back to back days :O
The league is WIDE open right now. So much time left for a team to take charge. I dont know who the favourite is right now?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Dont look not but Erie has beaten Owen Sound 6-4 and 4-3 on back to back days :O
The league is WIDE open right now. So much time left for a team to take charge. I dont know who the favourite is right now? Also congrats to Erie. They have created a winning culture!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Sarnia is definitely the team to beat. Nobody else has teeth YET... London is out playing their opponents by a large margin and are starting to come together.

Things to improve:

We can't rely on Bouchard on his own. I agree Collins is a solid top 4 stay at home guy and is panning out nice and the young guys are improving but none of them are top 4 guys this year. We need to minus a few prospects and get two more vets back there.

The bottom 6 is weak sauce. Yes, they will improve over the year, but we need to add some skill on the third line. CARBONARA! Would be a start but I think we have to trade for a Brett McKenzie type player and roll him into the third line.

Rollo does not get me excited..
He is small and lacks skill. The Pete's fans claimed he has heart but without talent I can see why he was traded.

Pump the breaks on JR! You people honestly think he is playing well? He handles the pick like a grenade and that accounted for 2 of the 3 goals against..... his rebound control has been good, but I'm not ready to eat my foot and crown him savior.

I think that's all I have for now!

Good winning weekend Go Knights!

Reactions: Knights2729 and LDN

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
The league is WIDE open right now. So much time left for a team to take charge. I dont know who the favourite is right now? Also congrats to Erie. They have created a winning culture!

True story since Saginaw also beat Peterborough today too

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad