London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Since we had all this goaltending talk over the last week... it time to ask the question.... who was the best goaltender in modern knights history?

Denis

Mason

Houser

Parsons

Or my favourite Cann

horner

May 22, 2007
People that are comparing
Would have to agree...if Carbo can play the way most of us know he can, kid can score 20 to 25 and be a PPG guy or just shy of that while adding in a nice physical game. Hard to score and contribute when you are sitting in the sin bin because you are hot headed.

Foudy - expected him to make a solid leap this year like Tierney did after his rookie campaign. But have not seen anything more from him this year then we saw last year. Still weak on the puck and makes bad decisions

Moskal - seems to be 1 step behind in everything, footspeed, hockey sense, physicality..has potential but is going to have to work on getting up to speed.

Cottam - have seen flashes from him offensively, quick hard release, solid on the wall, good on the cycle. Gets lost in the D zone far to often and is out of position when it is breakout time.
Tierney only had 34 pts his draft yr.
The 2011-12 team was loaded.
Was probably playing 4 the line.
Ex .
Griffith, nemestnikov, mckegg, knight, athanausu, Watson, Rupert, Rupert, Domi, Horvat, Anderson, Tierney

8 NHL players

Give these kids time

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Since we had all this goaltending talk over the last week... it time to ask the question.... who was the best goaltender in modern knights history?

Denis

Mason

Houser

Parsons

Or my favourite Cann

Great question, I am glad you ask !

Who had the best team would likely have best numbers , I was equaly impress with both Houser and Parsons as both were free agents and both took the Knights to the M cup with very young teams. I'll give the edge to Parsons because he won it, but my all time favorite still to this day has to be Pat Riggins.

Riggin was not tall like our goalies today but he was the most acrobatic goalie I ever saw wearing the Knights colors, back then the butterfly style did not exist yet, goalies had to stand move out to cut the angles and use what ever means to stop the puck.

Reactions: zman77

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Denis

Mason

Houser

Parsons

Or my favourite Cann

Parsons in the last series against Erie is the best goaltending performance I've seen in a long time.

Houser 11-12 season was something to behold though.

Real tough choice

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Our 8 game losing streak vs 13 game winning streak versus the Rags

I wonder what breaks ?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
has the ship sailed on Crawley coming back at some point this season? Brandon Crawley is pointless and minus-1 in his first four games with Hartford of the American league. Does London still own his rights?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brandon Crawley is playing very well for the Hartford Wolf Pack.
This is according to comments on the NY Rangers HF Boards.
Hartford is 3-1 and sits in the Top 5 in the Eastern AHL Conference Standings.
Crawley is one of 7 D-Men.
He's playing regular minutes on the 2nd and 3rd Pairing of Hartford's Defence.
https://www.theahl.com/stats/player/6841/57/brandon-crawley

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Denis

Mason

Houser

Parsons

Or my favourite Cann
Parsons

Houser

Denis

dino200022

Parsons first, Houser second, Mason third Denis Fourth and Cann two hundred and sixty ninth :P

God damn I hate Trevor Cann...probably worst goalie in Knights history what a joke!!!! Slap shot from the blueline through his legs in overtime to lose against Windsor awful goal!

And I am not saying that Dennis is the best of the bunch but it was quite funny how the guy you can never beat somehow ends up on your team haha!

As for mason remember his very first start...I believe the Knights either lost 8-1 or 10-1 that game....then he never looked backed!

Last edited:

dino200022

People that are comparing

Tierney only had 34 pts his draft yr.
The 2011-12 team was loaded.
Was probably playing 4 the line.
Ex .
Griffith, nemestnikov, mckegg, knight, athanausu, Watson, Rupert, Rupert, Domi, Horvat, Anderson, Tierney

8 NHL players

Give these kids time

Yes but Foudy is on pace for well 9ish or so. Obviously providing he does not get hurt I can`t see that happening, but I also can`t see him at 34 either. Somewhere close to low 20`s maybe.

All I am saying is that I expected Foudy to come out of a full summer of Knights training far stronger then he is. He is constantly getting knocked off the puck on the wall extremely easy, and is cleaning the ice far more then skating on it. I just had some higher expectations coming off a full summer under the Knights and Hunters wings. Kid has the tools I am not debating that, he just has to remember where the weight room is.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
r
Yes but Foudy is on pace for well 9ish or so. Obviously providing he does not get hurt I can`t see that happening, but I also can`t see him at 34 either. Somewhere close to low 20`s maybe.

All I am saying is that I expected Foudy to come out of a full summer of Knights training far stronger then he is. He is constantly getting knocked off the puck on the wall extremely easy, and is cleaning the ice far more then skating on it. I just had some higher expectations coming off a full summer under the Knights and Hunters wings. Kid has the tools I am not debating that, he just has to remember where the weight room is.

I have also noticed Foudy's lack of productivity but don't see it the same way you do. I think it's totally unfair to blame a second year player in the beginning of his junior development as poor showing when the whole team is suffering of the same pain. No one on the Knights is producing with regularity except for Bouchard who is from a devastated defense that lost five big pieces that should or could have been part of this year returning team.

The lost of Mete, Crawley, Juolevi, Mattinen and Parsons was big, yes some had low percentage chance of coming back but it still leave a big gapping hole in your defense and the whole team is feeling it's effects, not just Foudy. Everybody on this team from Jones Thomas Pu to all newcomers is not producing, I think it's very normal and is also very curable once everyone understand the real problem. The whole team system has to be redrawed and redesigned, all the communications from your goaltenders to your defensemen and on to your fowards needs lots of fixing and the management team is working on it right now !!! - "It's a team thing"

Dino, please don't view my opinion as a critic to your post since we are all noticing the same results as you do. I am just simply adding to it by presenting an overall picture of the poor showlng of this whole team !!!

Last edited:

dino200022

r

I have also noticed Foudy's lack of productivity but don't see it the same way you do. I think it's totally unfair to blame a second year player in the beginning of his junior development as poor showing when the whole team is suffering of the same pain. No one on the Knights is producing with regularity except for Bouchard who is from a devastated defense that lost five big pieces that should or could have been part of this year returning team.

The lost of Mete, Crawley, Juolevi, Mattinen and Parsons was big, yes some had low percentage chance of coming back but it still leave a big gapping hole in your defense and the whole team is feeling it's effects, not just Foudy. Everybody on this team from Jones Thomas Pu to all newcomers is not producing, I think it's very normal and is also very curable once everyone understand the real problem. The whole team system has to be redrawed and redesigned, all the communications from your goaltenders to your defensemen and on to your fowards needs lots of fixing and the management team is working on it right now !!! - "It's a team thing"

Dino, please don't view my opinion as a critic to your post since we are all noticing the same results as you do. I am just simply adding to it by presenting an overall picture of what we are viewing to the poor showing of this whole team !!!

By no means am I saying the Knights lack of production is that of Foudy`s doing or vice versa. Nor am I saying that I am basing Foudy`s plays off his his production and points. I am just stating that I thought that Foudy would have come back stronger in his sophomore campaign but I have yet to see it. He is still getting pushed and knocked off the puck far to easily for a guy that should have been in the weight room all summer!

Reactions: TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
By no means am I saying the Knights lack of production is that of Foudy`s doing or vice versa. Nor am I saying that I am basing Foudy`s plays off his his production and points. I am just stating that I thought that Foudy would have come back stronger in his sophomore campaign but I have yet to see it. He is still getting pushed and knocked off the puck far to easily for a guy that should have been in the weight room all summer!
Well said dino a guy you can compair foudy to height and weight wise is nelson. Nelson throws his body and doesnt get knocked off the puck like Foudy

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

Well said dino a guy you can compair foudy to height and weight wise is nelson. Nelson throws his body and doesnt get knocked off the puck like Foudy

In the past my observations tell me that Dale has based his players playing time and position based on reputation rather then performance unless your name was Rob Schremp. Unfortunately this year the depth he is used to having at both ends of the ice is just not there. So there are some nights players will be put in to situations they are not familiar or comfortable with up to this point but I have yet to see Nelson be put in any of those situations. Obviously Hunter would know his players far better then we do so maybe he thinks the pressure of playing more minutes is not good for his game or the team. I don`t have the answers that is for sure just a few cents being thrown out.

A big two points would be a huge confidence boost to the boys though tonight. If they can play like we know they can and bury some goals it could be a trap game for the Rangers.

Reactions: TheCoach

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
As for mason remember his very first start...I believe the Knights either lost 8-1 or 10-1 that game....then he never looked backed!

I believe more like 9-8 .. and too be fair, this was the first game for the new "crackdown" of penalties with the new obstruction rules... so it was a little ridiculous as far as the power plays went.

A lot of Knights fans tired to run Steve out of town after that one.... but what else is new...

edit .. check that 10-7 Saginaw.

Spirit were 3/10 on the power play, London was 7/17

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/11535/boxscore

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I believe more like 9-8 .. and too be fair, this was the first game for the new "crackdown" of penalties with the new obstruction rules... so it was a little ridiculous as far as the power plays went.

A lot of Knights fans tired to run Steve out of town after that one.... but what else is new...

Is this Rick Doyle. :)

dino200022

Wowzers....even after that brutal start he still ended up with a .931 sv % crazy. Thanks Otto!

dino200022

I think too many people are reading into where Foudy was drafted. Sure he was a 1st round pick..but 2016 was one of the weakest MM classes in recent memory. It was a very weak draft year throughout after the top 4 or 5

I could care less if he was a 15th rounder last year. There was one element of his game that needed drastic work and it would appear he did not put the work in from my view point anyways. I am not expecting him to set the O on fire but I think it is fair to expect a player in his 2nd year to be better even marginally then his rookie season.

The one guy I have most certainly seen this improvement from is Josh Nelson, albeit he is a year older.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Fun fact: Bratt is not eligible for the AHL

Fun fact 2: Devils currently have Boyle and Zajac out with injuries.

Fun fact 3: Bratt's ice time has seen a dip in the last few games, only playing around 12 minutes

Hopes are back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad