London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Why is he not AHL eligible Snip.....

From the Devils board:

"Corey Pronman explained it today in his article on The Athletic. Bratt is either OHL or NHL because he wasn’t a first round pick and was selected out of Sweden (a technicality in the transfer agreement with Sweden) so he isn't eligible for the AHL this year."

I would cite the article but you need a subscription to The Athletic to read it I think

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

From the Devils board:

"Corey Pronman explained it today in his article on The Athletic. Bratt is either OHL or NHL because he wasn’t a first round pick and was selected out of Sweden (a technicality in the transfer agreement with Sweden) so he isn't eligible for the AHL this year."

I would cite the article but you need a subscription to The Athletic to read it I think

Good news if it is true...and they dont bury him in the liney once those guys come back. Or will they burn a contract year after playing 10 is another question... Thank you sir!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Good news if it is true...and they dont bury him in the liney once those guys come back. Thank you sir!

If he is to come back the fortune of the Knights season might change significantly.

Acquire a couple of vet defenceman to play on the left side and you might have a pretty good team

I'l add that I really doubt he's back at the 9 game mark. But the 41 game mark is certainly interesting - by that point Boyle and Zajac should be back, it will be near WJC time...you never know.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
He was drafted out of Sweden, unless I'm missing something he can go to the AHL

In the post I quoted the poster (who presumably has access to the rest of the article) says there's a technicality in the transfer agreement with Sweden that means Bratt can't go to the AHL.

I'm pretty sure we can trust Corey Pronman.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
I am not sure Corey Pronman is correct on this. Almost certain he is AHL eligible.

He still continues to see valuable minutes even if his minutes have taken a hit.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I am not sure Corey Pronman is correct on this. Almost certain he is AHL eligible.

He still continues to see valuable minutes even if his minutes have taken a hit.

Pronman is a reliable source and I've never gotten the impression that Bratt was going to the AHL, which I always thought was strange.

It's true that he's still been playing well (according to Devils fans) in reduced minutes. The problem for him is when Boyle and Zajac return, there's going to be a log jam up front.

Bratt is the easiest to send down because he won't have to be exposed to waivers. But guys like Gibbons and Miles Wood, I believe, would be exposed to waivers (both are off to good enough starts that I doubt the Devils would want to lose them for free). So simply being one of the 12 best forwards may not be enough for Bratt

EDIT: not Wood

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Why did Oliver Kylington play in the AHL?

2015-Drafted 60th overall import draft Brandon
2016-Calgary Flames draft him 60th overall NHL
2016-2017-Kylington signs with Flames plays with Stockton AHL

Without knowing what the Sweden technicality is that Pronman discusses, the only difference I can see is that Bratt was drafted into the NHL before he was taken in the import draft.

Maybe the agreement has changed in the past year?

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
In the post I quoted the poster (who presumably has access to the rest of the article) says there's a technicality in the transfer agreement with Sweden that means Bratt can't go to the AHL.

I'm pretty sure we can trust Corey Pronman.
don't get it. why is Llijegren in the AHL?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Why did Oliver Kylington play in the AHL?

2015-Drafted 60th overall import draft Brandon
2016-Calgary Flames draft him 60th overall NHL
2016-2017-Kylington signs with Flames plays with Stockton AHL

So I tweeted Pronman and he says the reason Kylington is able to play is because his contract with his Swedish team is up. He then said that he doesn't know if Bratt's contract with his Swedish team is up, but if it was then he would be AHL eligible...

Looks like you guys were right - Pronman made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad