London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Ottawa has asked Formenton to be more "aggressive"? Seems to be focused on a different style game right now and I'm not sure it suits him.
Formenton has always played gritty and aggressive. From day one. It's what got him a cup of coffee with Ottawa and will likely be what grabs him the last roster spot with the Sens next season

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With one game remaining it is now known that London will have either the 14th or 15th overall pick..and also the 21st and 23rd overall picks. That's 3 picks in the top 23 OHL eligible players that will be picked by London in arguably the deepest draft in the past decade.

Like Kenny Rogers said..."you gotta know when to hold 'em..and know when to fold 'em"

also tie in the fact Quinton Byfield likely won't report if taken by Sudbury or Flint..and we have the picks to put a package together to land him quite easily

Playoff Sidenote: 4th is not as important as people think. Our Knights were 18-16 at home this season. Hardly an advantage.
Awesome PP, that’s just awesome. I do also believe they are in possession of Flint’s third rd pick as well, that is the first or second pick of the third round (#41 or 42)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Playoff Sidenote: 4th is not as important as people think. Our Knights were 18-16 at home this season. Hardly an advantage.

I also think that regardless of whether London is home or away, they'll be in tough to win more than 2 games. Owen Sound is basically on the level of SSM/Sarnia at the moment.

Not a knock on London at all, but it's basically 19 year olds vs 17 year olds.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
With one game remaining it is now known that London will have either the 14th or 15th overall pick..and also the 21st and 23rd overall picks. That's 3 picks in the top 23 OHL eligible players that will be picked by London in arguably the deepest draft in the past decade.

Like Kenny Rogers said..."you gotta know when to hold 'em..and know when to fold 'em"

also tie in the fact Quinton Byfield likely won't report if taken by Sudbury or Flint..and we have the picks to put a package together to land him quite easily

Playoff Sidenote: 4th is not as important as people think. Our Knights were 18-16 at home this season. Hardly an advantage

I'm reading on these boards that Byfield will report to any team that takes him, but I like your thinking!
If memory serves, the last time the Knights finished 4th, they were beaten by the 5th seed; the Drew Doughty-led Guelph Storm.
Regardless, need to hit it big in the draft.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

True PP31..........good points!
Knights Home Record: 18-16
But London were 1-8-1 in their first 10 games.
Their first 5 games at Home were all Losses.
Since that dismal start to the season their Home record is 18-11.
Today against the Soo........imho:
Go all out for the win and play your very best in all situations.
Why swim in the middle of Ocean?
I'm sure Dale and his Staff have picked out 10-12 players for the 2018 OHL Draft
in the first 2 rounds who they feel they could develop into star players.

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The Knights could actually pick as high as 13th overall if they lose today and Kingston wins.

That would also mean the 39th overall pick in the import draft.

I'm hoping they can get a quality LHD. Not sure if Coome/Fallowfield/Golden can get the job done next year.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Not sure if Coome/Fallowfield/Golden can get the job done next year.
2 of them haven't been able to get the job done this year. And one of them is in our 2nd pairing routinely. Yikes

Our D should be this for the remainder of the year

Bouchard - Regula
Collins - Perrott
Coome

roll 5 and only put 42 out when you need to spell off the top 5

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Nelli asks Soo Fans:
Good news. It's about time the Hounds get showcased on national t.v.
Any word on today's lineup?
Who's in, who's out?
Thanks.

SSMHoundsFan's Answer:
Johnson starting today, likely no players will be sitting, especially Frost
who is still gunning for the OHL scoring title even though he needs 6 pts to win it.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
[URL='https://globalnews.ca/author/mike-stubbs/'] By Mike Stubbs Reporter 980 CFPL [/URL]

Here are the playoff scenarios for each team:
Western Conference:

Sault Ste. Marie
– Will finish first overall and will have home ice advantage in every series they play.
Kitchener – Will finish first in the Midwest Division and will own the second seed through the playoffs.
Sarnia – Will finish with the second-best record overall and own the third seed through the playoffs.
London – Will finish fourth or fifth and will play the Attack in the first round. Can finish fourth with a win over the Greyhounds in Sault Ste. Marie.
Owen Sound – Will finish fourth or fifth and will play London in the first round. Will finish fourth with any kind of win by the Greyhounds in their game against London.
Guelph – Will finish sixth or seventh. After beating Kitchener on Friday, Guelph had a chance to clinch sixth place, but lost in Erie on Saturday night. They will be paying close attention to the Saginaw-Windsor game on Sunday. If Saginaw beats the Spitfires in regulation, Guelph secures the sixth seed. If Windsor earns any kind of point, they will pass the Storm by way of more victories, but Guelph would still finish ahead of Saginaw based on head-to-head results.
Windsor – Will finish sixth or eighth. If the Spitfires beat Saginaw, they will finish sixth. If they lose to Saginaw, they will be eighth.
Saginaw – Will finish seventh or eighth. A win over Windsor in regulation allows the Spirit to avoid Sault Ste. Marie in round one. An overtime or shootout win or a loss to the Spitfires and Saginaw finishes in eighth place.
2018 Ontario Hockey League playoff scenarios for the final day of the regular season

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Western's Womens Hockey Team
Play for National Championship Today

ncZaVJYA_bigger.jpg
Mike Stubbs‏Verified account @stubbs980 13h13 hours ago

The
@WesternWHKY team will face Manitoba in the
U Sports national championship game on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Thompson Arena.

pic.twitter.com/J5PC9j5ZtK
DYimpgdVwAAvC0C.jpg

I think he signs where he is picked. Just based on rink talk. Nothing Id say was concrete in any way, thou.
good on the kid if he does report anywhere. My comments are based solely on the fact we've seen his many times in the past. Don't care either way...this draft is 20-30 deep of players that will be regular OHLers next season

Reactions: zman77

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
good on the kid if he does report anywhere. My comments are based solely on the fact we've seen his many times in the past. Don't care either way...this draft is 20-30 deep of players that will be regular OHLers next season

I’m looking forward to seeing the players that knights get in 1st and at #21 & #23 and defect in September. Possibly the best single draft year crop ever?

Reactions: zman77

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Speaking of the D ,I noticed Riley Coome is playing a much more Aggresive style with his limited minutes.
And it is working as he played quite solid against the Spirit and the Sting.
See, when you play to your strength whether it be scoring ,play making or speed then you get the most out of a player.
Golden is a liability on the back end But he has good speed and decent size.Why not convert him to a Forward?

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Any word on Popov? Didn’t return last night and is scratched.
Precautionary I hope. He did hit the dasher boards pretty good.
I hope he is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad