London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on Popov? Didn’t return last night and is scratched.
Precautionary I hope. He did hit the dasher boards pretty good.
I hope he is okay.
but it wasn't a head hit according to the Saginaw announcers. :skeptic:

Yes Popov slowed up and tried to spin out of the hit(not what to do), but Coskey went in with one thing in mind...do damage. After Rollo tuned in Coskey he was head hunting when he came back. Shoulda been a 5 and a game.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
How's the OHL Cup? Any players standing out for you (beyond the obvious)? Enjoy

Just a glimpse. Ill post more after draft.
Unless ya got someone specific.
"Some great looking players at the OHL Cup this year.
Some of the late 1st rd 2/3 rd kids did well for themselves.
Always like reading from those who see the kids more often thru the year, as its hard to get a good feel in 3 days of rink hoping.
Always a great tournament.
Vierling YSE i really liked. Good skill set and smart player unafraid to go anywhere to make a play. Drysdale and Byfield, obviously talented skilled players worthy of high ranking. Moore n Perfetti have the obvious skill but liked the other 3 more. Just personal opinion.

Butler, Bar YSE, oRourke, Tullio VK ,Schlueting NOHA, Robinson, Bianconi JrC, 5 TM Fs (Cuylle, Valande, Pierce, Halliday, Peters and Moore-D) looked good as later 1st/2nd rd picks some will go higher.
Others further down were Burke PTB, Constantino, Dorazio VK, Snow Barrie, Saye, Portokalis, Gucciardi for a PM D DMF, Morrison Guelph, Murray Oak, Spearing, Carogioiello JrC.

All just from limited views this week.

Congrats to all the teams n players for a great tourney and all the staff n parents for volunteering so much time thru the year"

Definitely others as well.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
but it wasn't a head hit according to the Saginaw announcers. :skeptic:

Yes Popov slowed up and tried to spin out of the hit(not what to do), but Coskey went in with one thing in mind...do damage. After Rollo tuned in Coskey he was head hunting when he came back. Shoulda been a 5 and a game.
I thought Coskey had a 5-6 big strides before coasting into the hit, it very much looked like a charging call to me, but what can you do fans can and sometime do have better eye sight then that of the refs but we can't make calls.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
With one game remaining it is now known that London will have either the 14th or 15th overall pick..and also the 21st and 23rd overall picks. That's 3 picks in the top 23 OHL eligible players that will be picked by London in arguably the deepest draft in the past decade.

Like Kenny Rogers said..."you gotta know when to hold 'em..and know when to fold 'em"

also tie in the fact Quinton Byfield likely won't report if taken by Sudbury or Flint..and we have the picks to put a package together to land him quite easily

Playoff Sidenote: 4th is not as important as people think. Our Knights were 18-16 at home this season. Hardly an advantage.

Plus the fact that London always plays very well up in the Sound. Better than at home against the Attack for some reason. Still doubt London goes more than 6 games. Not their season yet.

As for Byfield, I’m glad he’s willing to report anywhere. Problem is, are either Flint or Sudbury going to build a winner in the next 2 years? Cause that’s all he’ll be in the O for.

Reactions: Fastpace

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Plus the fact that London always plays very well up in the Sound. Better than at home against the Attack for some reason. Still doubt London goes more than 6 games. Not their season yet.

As for Byfield, I’m glad he’s willing to report anywhere. Problem is, are either Flint or Sudbury going to build a winner in the next 2 years? Cause that’s all he’ll be in the O for.

Except Marcus Foligno, the wolves have not developed a player for more than sips of coffee in the NHL for ten years...Byfield for three years, for sure

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Just a glimpse. Ill post more after draft.
Unless ya got someone specific.
"Some great looking players at the OHL Cup this year.
Some of the late 1st rd 2/3 rd kids did well for themselves.
Always like reading from those who see the kids more often thru the year, as its hard to get a good feel in 3 days of rink hoping.
Always a great tournament.
Vierling YSE i really liked. Good skill set and smart player unafraid to go anywhere to make a play. Drysdale and Byfield, obviously talented skilled players worthy of high ranking. Moore n Perfetti have the obvious skill but liked the other 3 more. Just personal opinion.

Butler, Bar YSE, oRourke, Tullio VK ,Schlueting NOHA, Robinson, Bianconi JrC, 5 TM Fs (Cuylle, Valande, Pierce, Halliday, Peters and Moore-D) looked good as later 1st/2nd rd picks some will go higher.
Others further down were Burke PTB, Constantino, Dorazio VK, Snow Barrie, Saye, Portokalis, Gucciardi for a PM D DMF, Morrison Guelph, Murray Oak, Spearing, Carogioiello JrC.

All just from limited views this week.

Congrats to all the teams n players for a great tourney and all the staff n parents for volunteering so much time thru the year"

Definitely others as well.

Aresknights do you have or heard anything on Reid Valade of To Marlboros, he has been tag as a dark horse in this year's draft, do you know if he's heading for college or would he sign on a preferred designate team(s). There were a lot of talk on him in February but don't hear much about him now, can the Knights take a chance on him in later rds.?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Aresknights do you have or heard anything on Reid Valade of To Marlboros, he has been tag as a dark horse in this year's draft, do you know if he's heading for college or would he sign on a preferred designate team(s). There were a lot of talk on him in February but don't hear much about him now, can the Knights take a chance on him in later rds.?

I dont know of any preferences regarding school or specific teams.
Real good skater, plays with some grit, competes hard all over the ice and has a good skill set.
Id guess mid first (maybe late) if he is clear on reporting. Just a guess. He seemed to be a bit polarizing with others.
I liked his game better than few other TMs ranked higher because of his skating but those other Fs had so much size.
If he chooses the OHL I think his game would translate well. 3rd, maybe 2nd line player on a good team.
He was solid. Tough watching group as talented as that one thou. They all wont play the same talent next year. Itll be interesting out of the TM names I picked whose game keeps developing at the next level. Without playing together with an all star group.
Cuylle is a true sniper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
still lots of work to be done, but nice to see a 2-1 lead after 1. I am not watching the game, but just looking at the Twitter updates. How are the boys playing anyways?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Courtesy of Jim Van Horne
DYlxDvrW4AAD34x.jpg:large

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
While you can't hang the loss entirely on one player..Rayzor letting in that softy for the 4th goal and totally being out of position on the deke goal were major factors. London played arguably their worst period since early October in the 1st. I liked what I saw from the 2nd period on...but that 4th goal has to be stopped regardless of who is in net. The tandem in goal this year reminds me a lot of the Stolarz/Patterson duo. They can win us games on their own...but they can also be our Achilles heel

No, the 4th goal was/is Moskals fault....Salinitry should have been on his arse after Raay made the first save. The goal with the deke was a nice goal regardless who the keeper is. I blame 1 goal on Raay and 1 goal only. Fasio played out of his mind and he won the game.

No, the 4th goal was/is Moskals fault....Salinitry should have been on his arse after Raay made the first save. The goal with the deke was a nice goal regardless who the keeper is. I blame 1 goal on Raay and 1 goal only. Fasio played out of his mind and he won the game.
regardless of a player missing a hit...that was the softest goal of the game and the worst possible time to give it up . It was the difference. Rayzor has to cover that soft 1st shot and he knew it. It's gone and done....the 1-8-1 start to the season sealed our fate

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I dont know of any preferences regarding school or specific teams.
Real good skater, plays with some grit, competes hard all over the ice and has a good skill set.
Id guess mid first (maybe late) if he is clear on reporting. Just a guess. He seemed to be a bit polarizing with others.
I liked his game better than few other TMs ranked higher because of his skating but those other Fs had so much size.
If he chooses the OHL I think his game would translate well. 3rd, maybe 2nd line player on a good team.
He was solid. Tough watching group as talented as that one thou. They all wont play the same talent next year. Itll be interesting out of the TM names I picked whose game keeps developing at the next level. Without playing together with an all star group.
Cuylle is a true sniper.

It’s definitely a good draft year from all reports, the Knights are fortunate to have four of the first 42 picks. I don’t know if it was planned but it sure looks good and smart on them.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Are we in this?

Sometime refs needs to show their authorities to gain control of a game, this is not one of these game where the game is out of control, let the kids play and decide the outcome for themselves

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
LOL I am listening now. Hunter pulls the goalie a 6 on 3????? Wow we could use a goal or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad