London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You have read all the same posts since the start, I think you know who the nobody players were then and who have now became somebody.

So in your original post the "loaded more nobody players" you were not referencing Dunkley/McM n Popov. The only added players.
Not sure i follow. Who did you mean by "How they sold their four top gunners and loaded some more nobody players" if not those players?
Im confused and trying to understand

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Honestly, you can interpret the words of my post(a) in anyway you see fit, I don’t see the need to explain them.

Look I respect you and I also respect your hockey knowledge, the Knights have moved on from a disastrous start and so should you from that one post of mine.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I was just trying to understand your post. It didnt make sense. You are first to defend and heap praise. But yet call them nobodies. Once again i had no idea who you were talking about.
I get it know, and once again should have known better.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Roy Pejcinovski...........Goalie Don Mills Flyers
Mark Edwards Retweeted
Don Mills Flyers '03‏ @03DMF Mar 15

RP74. An incredible young man, a leader, a cornerstone of our program, and the best teammate. What you’ve given us as a player, and more importantly, as a member of the family will never, ever, be forgotten.
You inspired us daily and will continue to do so.
Miss you.

pic.twitter.com/OMOSbFXzfX
DYWIIIuX4AAJxpV.jpg

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
The young team has a lot of upside.
What needs to be adressed is our lack of a heavy low down game and net presence.
A couple of Large Skilled bodies[Sarnia has 3] is a Must on the top 6 .
I think Sarnia only played to win and looked disinterested after the first period.
We had a lot of shots But most were seen by Fazio and he made it look easy.
Too much fancy pansy passing in the offensive zone instead of putting pucks to the net and getting in the Dirty zones.
Too many of our guys were on the wrong end of bodychecks.Dunkerly was rocked twice on one shift alone.
Give me another Perrot type Dman and Perrot like forwards next season.
Perrot played a great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The young team has a lot of upside.
What needs to be adressed is our lack of a heavy low down game and net presence.
A couple of Large Skilled bodies[Sarnia has 3] is a Must on the top 6 .
I think Sarnia only played to win and looked disinterested after the first period.

London's speed took over the game in the 2nd and 3rd periods.
Sarnia were bewildered on the ice because they couldn't keep up with the
Knights quickness and skill level in all zones.
Sarnia's Goalie had a heck of a game.................saved 40 of 42 shots.
Big Bodies better be fast, quick and skilled.
Big bodies with low endurance and agility is not impressive.
Alex Formenton is fast but he can skate fast all night with high agility and excellent
puck handling skills and is one of the best checkers in the CHL.
Who do want Dylan Strome or Mitchell Marner?
Dunkley-Moskal-Foudy are 17 years old.
All are very fast and highly skilled.
Moskal is very under-rated by the scouts.
He brings it every shift with intensity, speed and skill..............Dale trusts him!!

Reactions: Fastpace

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Perrot played a great game.

I love what Perrot brings at such a young age, but it was his man (and his lack of hustle) that was responsible for Sarnia's (I believe it was) 3rd goal. Just sayin'. He's still learning.....but has played better.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I love what Perrot brings at such a young age, but it was his man (and his lack of hustle) that was responsible for Sarnia's (I believe it was) 3rd goal. Just sayin'. He's still learning.....but has played better.[/QUO

imho...........Not lack of hustle
He was not out of position and got caught with some quick passing from Sarnia.
He played a strong game last night!
Brock Otten says Perrott is the #1 16 yearold D-Man in the O now.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
...and I agree with Brock Otten, but he let his man get between him and his net.....to me, that is being out of position.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
...and I agree with Brock Otten, but he let his man get between him and his net.....to me, that is being out of position.

Agree on Andrew Perrott's talent.................Knights have a good one!!
You said:
'his lack of hustle......'
No............not lack of hustle..............he got caught out of position.
It happens with young players and it happens with veteran NHLers.
The game is very fast and the Sarnia player made a nice quick pass that was
converted into a nice goal.
Perrott gives 'it his all' on every shift.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I love what Perrot brings at such a young age, but it was his man (and his lack of hustle) that was responsible for Sarnia's (I believe it was) 3rd goal. Just sayin'. He's still learning.....but has played better.

The whole Knights team's slow feet in the first period was responsible for the first three goals against. Their feet were not moving resulting penalties against as well as having their butts hamered from bodychecks, once they start moving their feet it all stopped and Sarnia started to get the penalties against them. With 37 shots in two periods would mean the pucks got to net often, three full periods of fast moving feet the Knights would have owned the game last night.

Sorry KnightWatch this post was not intended as a response to your post, my mistake.

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Like I posted on the Sarnia board, talent-wise, your guys are pretty much on par with Sarnia. What they are is basically 2 years younger and as such, make young mistakes more often, miss assignments more often, mess up scoring chances more often.
On top of that, for some reason, Raaymakers has a history of crappy play against Sarnia, including last year with Soo when Sarnia had a rather poor team. Even your tv announcers mentioned last night that he has been pulled a couple times this year vs Sting, and that happened previous year as well. On the other hand, Kooy has played quite well vs Sarnia

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Like I posted on the Sarnia board, talent-wise, your guys are pretty much on par with Sarnia. What they are is basically 2 years younger and as such, make young mistakes more often, miss assignments more often, mess up scoring chances more often.
On top of that, for some reason, Raaymakers has a history of crappy play against Sarnia, including last year with Soo when Sarnia had a rather poor team. Even your tv announcers mentioned last night that he has been pulled a couple times this year vs Sting, and that happened previous year as well. On the other hand, Kooy has played quite well vs Sarnia
Some good points. I just think that we got beat by a better, more experienced team which is to be expected. Full credit to the Sting.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Very strong and accurate post

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We should expect a more alert team to start the game tonight in Saginaw, my prediction London 6-4 winner over the Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad