London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Lets not kid ourselves here. We need the win tonight!
Of course we need this game, but it should not be the end of all ends if we lose tonight and fourth place. A mental let down before playoffs can hurt a team big time, it's easy after a win but very hard to train yourself after a lost. For players hating to lose and not wanting to experience that feeling again is great to build winning tradition, but letting anger taking over your emotions after a game will only bring bad habits for the next game and start you on a losing trend IMHO

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This thread should really be renamed the Fastpace monologue thread
I speak my mind and been told many times to shut up in not so kind words, called a disturber again accompanied with some rude words but they all acknowleged and accepted me as a member of the team. And they often came to my rescue when in trouble with the opposition, if you played hockey you should be able to reconize what was my personality on the team, on winning teams if I may add. And here I am again on a team posting comments for a thread about our favorite team, you can hate me dislike me or ignore me altogether, or we can all join in and continue to make this a totally open forum as members of this great team.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
How to approach this game: During the normally brief ceremony to recognize the team's overage players, line up more than the usual speakers, and make sure that they're inordinately long-winded. Insure that this ceremony extends to the point that the Sting players are leaning collectively on their sticks, anxious for the tribute to end, and the puck being dropped.
When they've reached the point of total boredom, have the MC acknowledge all of the parents, sponsors, billets, girlfriends, and whoever else they can throw in there. Then, and only then, get the game started....but not before the hero of the game gets introduces, and the National Anthem sung in both official languages.

The effects of the warm-up should be negated by then, and that should insure that Sarnia takes at least half of the first period to shake off those effects. :D:laugh:

Reactions: Fastpace
Jennifer Hanson was a well-respected, witty, and extremely knowledgeable (London) poster here on HBs. Unfortunately, "he" chose to no longer contribute--perhaps for good reason--but it would be nice if he found his way back to us.
I really miss his presence here. Man we used to stir the pot together... even when I wore the badge of sheriff here. Definitely one of the most knowledgeable posters of any forum

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
One of the least mentioned players on the current roster is Collins. As an overage player, he just quietly takes his shifts, and isn't really all that noticeable, but gets the job done. I believe that his presence, more than anything else, contributed toward settling down the rookies, and gave them the opportunity to play with confidence and raise their level of play. His veteran presence isn't really reflected in statistics, so he probably doesn't get that much recognition for his contribution, but it has been a very important factor in the development of the defensive corps. He has been a key acquisition, and performs invisibly....which is a good thing for a defenceman.

Best deal the Knights made all season.....an absolute steal!!!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
That 1st period was a much needed reality check for the Knights.....hopefully they come out a little more prepared in the 2nd.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4-2 loss to Sarnia, it was a great effort by the end

The Knights lost because of their over all team slow start including Raaymakers and their poor and horrible power plays. On the positive they out played Sarnia big time the last 2 periods and out shot them 42-24 on the game. They are a young team and showed a lot of character closing in on the scoreboard. In my opinion they will be ready for playoffs but, a big BUT, they must do a whole lot better on power plays or it's lights out early for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
This is rediculous, they need to start Kooy in the playoffs!!!!!!
Kooy schmoy.........so sick of hearing this. This was not on Raay......one goal maybe. Fazio played great and the Knights were awful in the first. Moskal should have put Salinitri on his arse before he scored the 4th. Fasio was one fire tonight and Brodeur would not have helped the Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77
Kooy schmoy.........so sick of hearing this. This was not on Raay......one goal maybe. Fazio played great and the Knights were awful in the first. Moskal should have put Salinitri on his arse before he scored the 4th. Fasio was on fire tonight and Brodeur would not have helped the Knights.
While you can't hang the loss entirely on one player..Rayzor letting in that softy for the 4th goal and totally being out of position on the deke goal were major factors. London played arguably their worst period since early October in the 1st. I liked what I saw from the 2nd period on...but that 4th goal has to be stopped regardless of who is in net. The tandem in goal this year reminds me a lot of the Stolarz/Patterson duo. They can win us games on their own...but they can also be our Achilles heel

Reactions: LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Dale is old school and I wish he'd teach these kids to fire the puck near the referees once in a while to get them to wake up when they are being idiots like Monette. I don't know what he has against London but he is frigging brutal. My back was killing me and I left with 9 minutes left but listened to the game all the way home. The pups took it to a much more experienced Sting squad in period 2 and 3. Both Razor and Kooy have got to stop the easy ones especially early like tonight and Saturday night in Flint. Going forward I like the character of this team and I think with a couple of tweaks, the addition of a couple decent imports maybe 1-2 OA for leadership this team is going to be lights out next few years. They have the draft picks to land DiPietro if they choose and maybe a goal scorer and a Collins or Adam Graves type leader/calming presence on the back end. They have a strong nuclius of 16 year olds in Rowe,Duhart, McMichael and Perrott and add 1-3 players in the draft with their early picks the future looks very bright. If they can get Whittaker, Bangs,Vlassic and Boquist on the back end to go with what they have coming back they can move out some extra pieces to add even more to the draft cupboard allowing them to tweak the lineup aiming at a championship and a Memorial Cup trip or two.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Boys played hard last night.
1st period was not the best. They dominated in the 2nd and 3rd Periods.
The Knights had a lot of premium scoring chances in the 2nd and 3rd Periods.
Knights Shots on Goals.............42 Shots
2nd Period: 18 Shots
3rd Period: 19 Shots
Evan Bouchard played around 30 minutes last night....................................10 Shots
Alex Formenton was the best skater on the ice from either team...........9 Shots
Justin Fazio, the Sarnia Sting Goalie stopped 40 of 42 Shots...............very focused.
Fazio is 37W-11L 0.918% 2.85 SVP.
Fazio and other Sting stars will probably be rested against Owen Sound Saturday.
This means the Knights will probably need to win both games against Saginaw and
the Soo to earn 4th Place in the Western Conference.
Tough task but the boys are capable of doing so.
They need to bury their scoring opportunities on Even and PP Strength.
The Knights PK is as good as any team in the OHL.

The 4th or 5th stance is one extra home game in a potential 7 game series and is about nothing more than gate receipts. Trust me..the Attack want London to have home ice too because that means they split a higher gate profit. This team isn't a playoff contender let's not kid ourselves. In reality with the quality of this current Knights team,while youthful and exciting, an extra home game isn't going to make a marked difference or a slanted advantage. Grab a round and a couple of wins and I'll be happy and consider it a successful season after our start and how much we pitched away at the deadline.

I for one just want the 2017-2018 hockey season finished. For my own reasons

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This team has by far exceeded any expectancy. How this season started and how the nobody players all came alives to crawl this team out and back to respectivity. How they sold their four top gunners and loaded some more nobody players and went out to out performed the teams that loaded up for the long haul. How last night after a nervous first period start in their biggest test yet this year came quickly back the last two periods to out classed Sarnia in every stats of this game except on the final scoreboard.

Like PP wrote, it doesn't matter who gets the extra home game, both teams London and Owen Sound looked to be on a high and ready for playoffs. The Clash as it's building up to be of two teams claimbing out of earlier season ruins to become king of season saviors. Unlike PP , I can't wait to attend that next series after this one.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
“Nobody” players came alive? Thomas, Miletic and the 2 some wanted gone in Sept ;) plus Bouchard/Formenton? All nobodies?

Loaded more “nobody players?” Just 2 former 1st picks and a skilled 2nd rd pick. Ida done Dunkley straight up for Pu and posted it at time.

Down playing the talent for effect in your post?

This team always had and does still have good talent. D took time gel n mature a bit, sure. I like the team make up more now looking to the future.

Nobody’s? Just a little harsh ;) Far from that.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Should be interesting with all those picks London has early.
Some kids are going to be on the bubble that wore jerseys this year.
1 and a 2nd pick ( if not 2 of them ) will be given every opportunity to grab a roster spot come Sept.
some good talent still going to be avail come rd 2.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
“Nobody” players came alive? Thomas, Miletic and the 2 some wanted gone in Sept ;) plus Bouchard/Formenton? All nobodies?

Loaded more “nobody players?” Just 2 former 1st picks and a skilled 2nd rd pick. Ida done Dunkley straight up for Pu and posted it at time.

Down playing the talent for effect in your post?

This team always had and does still have good talent. D took time gel n mature a bit, sure. I like the team make up more now looking to the future.

Nobody’s? Just a little harsh ;) Far from that.

You have read all the same posts since the start, I think you know who the nobody players were then and who have now became somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad