London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Last 4 games they've looked really good. I just finished watching tonight's game...they completely outplayed a good team in the Rangers

Maybe it's too early to write this team off.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Last 4 games they've looked really good. I just finished watching tonight's game...they completely outplayed a good team in the Rangers

Maybe it's too early to write this team off.
i think we are one forward and 2 top 4 D away from being a contenderfor D maybe target Middleton we have enough puck movers we need a Graves type of Dman

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Mete has played 8 games and has 2 assists game nine for Mete is Tuesday then we can get answer to the question we all are wondering

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Last night game is a very positive example on how well the guys can Win as a Team.
The guys are supporting the puck with lots of speed, energy and skill.
Ryan Pyette LFP:
“It’s good to get one and it shows what we can do,” workhorse defenceman Evan Bouchard said. “I think we keep getting better as the games go on.
“We’ve got a great season ahead of us.”

They hit the bulls-eye after firing reams of rubber at nets the last week.
“And they came through,” London coach Dale Hunter said. “We worked on it and it paid off. We were getting the chances. You just have to bury them.”
Max Jones struck for his third OHL hat trick and first since his rookie campaign. Robert Thomas added two goals, deked the pants off Kitchener defencemen and provided London’s first shortie this year.
Max Jones:
“It’s been tough lately,” said Jones, the Ducks first-rounder. “It’s good to convert. It’s nice (to get a hat trick) but I’d rather win and have zero points.
“That’s the way I look at it.”

The Knights piled up four goals early, effectively killed penalties and got confident goaltending from newcomer Joseph Raaymakers.
They did all the things that were missing during their walk through the wilderness and it frustrated Kitchener, who paraded to the penalty box in the third, killing all hopes of a comeback.
“They played very well,” Hunter said of his club. “(Alex) Formenton gave us lots of speed and a tenacious forecheck (after his time spent with the NHL Senators). Joe was solid all night in net. They (the Rangers) had lots of shots early.”
Raaymakers kicked aside 16 shots in the opening period. That was a big difference. When the Knights built their lead, they truly believed they would hold it, so they kept buzzing in the offensive zone.
“”It’s a great pickup, great to have him,” Bouchard said. “That’s what we needed.”
Raaymakers was a training camp holdout from the Sault so this was his first game action in a long time. Before his trade and practice sessions this week, he was home in Chatham, skating on his own with a couple of shooters.
Raaymakers:
“I wasn’t very nervous,” the 19-year-old said. “I told myself go out there and have fun. Don’t overthink. You want to make those timely saves and that’s what I’m going to try to do consistently.
“The guys were jumping, playing fast and I felt comfortable.”

Bouchard is logging an average of 30 minutes a game most nights. He got some help from Jacob Golden and Shane Collins to help ease his responsibilities.
“Collins is here, Golden is playing better and Bouchard still has to play his minutes,” Dale Hunter said. “That’s the way it is. But the D played well.”
A lot of NHL scouts are watching Bouchard closely these first few weeks.
Robbie Thomas on Bouchard:
“He’s always been a great leader and player,” Thomas added. “Look at all the ice time he gets and success he creates offensively. He’s leading the back end and showing the rookies what it takes to be a high (NHL) prospect.”

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/10/20/l...almost-a-month-against-a-team-it-always-beats

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mete has played 8 games and has 2 assists game nine for Mete is Tuesday then we can get answer to the question we all are wondering

I watched the game last night , he had an assist on Gallagher power play goal. Mete made a big mistake by not staying with his man as he easily got around him that led to Ducks 5th goal , Price got so upset with the play he broke his goalie stick on the goal post. In between second and third they took out a little statistic about Mete since the start of the season;

- averaging 13 puck carries out of zone per game 1st on the Canadiens and 1st in the NHL.

- averaging 20:33mi per game second on team and 39th in NHL.

- second on the Canadiens in shots blocking , in NHL I can't remember !

They are saying with his hockey sense and quickness on skates along with these stats should be enough to keep him on the team this season.

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I watched the game last night , he had an assist on Gallagher power play goal. Mete made a big mistake by not staying with his man as he easily got around him that led to Ducks 5th goal , Price got so upset with the play he broke his goalie stick on the goal post. In between second and third they took out a little statistic about Mete since the start of the season;

- averaging 13 puck carries out of zone per game 1st on the Canadiens and 1st in the NHL.

- averaging 20:33mi per game second on team and 39th in NHL.

- second on the Canadiens in shots blocking , in NHL I can't remember !

They are saying with his hockey sense and quickness on skates along with these stats should be enough to keep him on the team this season.

Even after the 6th goal, Mete got beat by Corey Perry (slowest skater on earth) and Perry just outmuscled him easily and put it over to Wagner for a goal. Part of me is saying he still is gonna be in the NHL after the 9 game mark, but brung back to London around the 20-25 game or after World Juniors....

Reactions: TheCoach

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Ordinarily, guys Mete's age do not make an NHL team out of camp....ESPECIALLY on defence. It's a harder position to learn and typically d-men get seasoned in the AHL before making the jump to an NHL roster. That's the usual route. However, Mete is being touted as being the Canadien's 2nd best d-man, as of now. That begs the question: Is Victor really that good, or does he APPEAR to be that good, because his competition for a roster position ( other Montreal d-men ) just aren't that good ???

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Montreal sucks! They rely 100% on Price and have very shallow depth and hardly any prospects.

Mete is only in a Canadiens jersey because of the current roster. On any other team he would be back in London by now. With that being said, he is developing well and playing better than he should be.

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Hartford looks pretty jammed on D after aquiring sproul from detriot ;) i count 8 D on there roster atm[/QUOTE

Crawley is great option to keep open, if anything it's his leadership that is missing the most this season. However I wouldn't put my hopes up too high as you can be sure Hartford must be using his leadership as we speak right now, despite him being a junior on their team !!![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This afternoon game is going to be fun, both came out of a slump on Friday night and both are at the bottom of their respected conference. London 4 - 2 over Mississauga !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad