London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yes the Knights are playing well the last five games giving us fans some hopes !

This team however good they are playing right now is still very fragile and is long way off to be one of top contenders. Improvement in net is good, one new experienced D that's is great, Formenton is back that is excelent but if any of them gets hurt or go into a slump it could bring this team righ back down to square one. It's still the team that couldn't score and went 1 8 1 to sart the season. I like the work ethic of this team but is it enough with this young defense, is this offence can produce with regularity if a couple players run into bad spell. I think they need more help two more on the backend and at the very least one more elite top six scorer up front, and this just to bring it on even term with top contenders, this will not even guaranty them playoffs series aside from a fighting chance to win . We're still far off boys, but they are working on the improvements !!! IMHO

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Foudy has been a question mark since day one. A kid with great athletic ability but not a natural hockey player. He still shows ability but I don't think his ceiling is as high as some past 1st rndrs

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Foudy has been a question mark since day one. A kid with great athletic ability but not a natural hockey player. He still shows ability but I don't think his ceiling is as high as some past 1st rndrs

Both Foudy and Moskal productivity have been disappointing, they could do lot better, but here is someone else that could do better;

Pu - 11-ga = 7pts
Nelson - 12ga = 4pts
Carbonara - 8 ga = 4pts
Tymkin - 12ga = 4pts
Miletic - 7 ga = 3pts
Cottam - 8ga = 2pts
Whittaker R - 10ga = 2pts
Turko - 12ga = 2pts
Duhart - 5 ga = 0pts
Bangs - 4 ga = 1pt
Rollo played 6ga with London has yet to score with only 2 assists to his credit

Only Thomas, Jones and Bouchard a defenseman who are producing with regularity and tok soon to tell with Formenton 2pts in two games. Yes both Foudy and Moskal were high picks but some players are NHL draftees and not doing much better, I suggest it's a team thing and to wait until mid season to see how well or bad they are doing (not just Foudy or Moskal) !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
How’s everyone enjoying ma boy Raaymaker now? I told ya. The team plays better - looser and free wheeling when they know they have somebody back there to save them. Boys are scoring and we got our tender. Just might get me a Raaymaker jersey.
Best Knights tenders:
1) Dennis (there has never been so many highlight reel saves in a season - like to know how many first Stars he got that year)
2) Parsons - dude was clutch
3) Mason - all he did was win
4) anyone not named Cann

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Well this isn't good! I would much rather strangle my grandma than hear Chelsea Dagger in the Bud again!!!! Really hope that this switch isn't happening! If the Knights scrap the current goal song (which has grown on me) they should play The Enforcer as the song, not Crapsea Dagger!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Well this isn't good! I would much rather strangle my grandma than hear Chelsea Dagger in the Bud again!!!! Really hope that this switch isn't happening! If the Knights scrap the current goal song (which has grown on me) they should play The Enforcer as the song, not Crapsea Dagger!

The [Blur - Song 2] Has always been my favorite . How about send a challenge to our local bands (London and area) to write and produce a song specifically about London Knights. The song can be made perhaps about Knights protecting it's sporting Kingdom and advancing success, it should be energetic very loud and short. Surely we must have musical talents around London that can come up with something that is unique and of our own, make it a contest with the team approval !!!

Last edited:

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
The [Blur - Song 2] Has always been my favorite . How about send a challenge to our local bands (London and area) to write and produce a song specifically about London Knights. The song can be made perhaps about Knights protecting it's sporting Kingdom and advancing success, it should be energetic very loud and short. Surely we must have musical talents around London that can come up with something that is unique and of our own, make it a contest and aproved by the team !!!

London Band Bobnoxious has already recorded a London Knights Song called Battle Ready. They do play it at the Bud but it's not the goal song. ( could be an option )

Reactions: Fastpace

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
London is begging for experienced D and they sit and watch NB trade Lyle, a top 4 on ANY OHL team, for a puck bag and a 7th round pick. Brutal
To an OS team the knights hope to battle with this year they let this one slip unless they know something we all dont

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London is begging for experienced D and they sit and watch NB trade Lyle, a top 4 on ANY OHL team, for a puck bag and a 7th round pick. Brutal

The uncertainty of team since the start of the season makes them hesitant on which direction to take, I say take the risk now and if it don't work by Jan 1 than sell and reload for next year, what have they got to lose, really !!!

Last edited:

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

Lol love this, majority wants Chelsea Dagger, it’s been our song for a long time. Welcome back, we missed you!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London Band Bobnoxious has already recorded a London Knights Song called Battle Ready. They do play it at the Bud but it's not the goal song. ( could be an option )

Yes, I like Bobnoxiuos they are loud very energetic as well, good choice, the song should strickly be about goal scoring atmosphere !

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Cost OS more than just a 4th when you factor in they spent a 2nd, 5th, 7th to get Propp from Barrie.

Worked out to be a three way deal in the end

To Colts - ER 2019 2nd, OS 2019 5th, OS 2020 7th

To Battalion- Propp, OS 2020 10th

To Attack - Lyle, NB 2020 7th

Still cheap

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The uncertainty of team since the start of the season makes them hesitant on which direction to take, I say take the risk now and if it don't work by Jan 1 than sell and reload for next year, what have they got to lose, really !!!

Hes young. Could have been a move for now and future.
I guess LK brass didnt lile him enough, wouldnt up the anti or never were invited to offer a deal up.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
How’s everyone enjoying ma boy Raaymaker now? I told ya. The team plays better - looser and free wheeling when they know they have somebody back there to save them. Boys are scoring and we got our tender. Just might get me a Raaymaker jersey.
Best Knights tenders:
1) Dennis (there has never been so many highlight reel saves in a season - like to know how many first Stars he got that year)
2) Parsons - dude was clutch
3) Mason - all he did was win
4) anyone not named Cann
I have one for sale

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I have one for sale
Johnson left town at the right time.
Dale and staff tried to make it work over time................no go!!
In 3-4 weeks the Knights record will be over .500%.
The Raaymaker trade may end up being the best move
London makes all season.
JR is a spark plug to get this team back on track.
Chemistry on the Knights have changed the atmosphere with the guys.
Nothing but Up Now!!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I don't think the last two games had anything to do with goaltending. The players were trending up in shots and chances before he arrived and he basically scored on himself twice. Johnson would have won either of those games.

We are still defensively poor but we are scoring so it doesn't look as bad.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't think the last two games had anything to do with goaltending. The players were trending up in shots and chances before he arrived and he basically scored on himself twice. Johnson would have won either of those games.

It's a very good point, GoKnightsGo, it's very possible Johnson could have won both weekend games. It is also possible the arrival of Raaymakers help settling down the whole team and with it some more confidence !

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

I get what you mean, but the psyche of the team isn’t better when they know they have a guy they can rely on back there. As I said before Johnson and Kooy weren’t stealing any games for us. Rmkr will. They get to take the chances that they feel they couldnt before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad