Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux, RHD, London Knights (OHL), 31st overall : hockey-talk only. (OHL approves return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Just saw that London vs Erie January 1st game got postponed. We'll have to wait longer to watch Mailloux's debut. Bummer!

Reactions: Tyson

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
? for you all

can this kid skate good? I mean really good as a D man

"Skating
Mailloux has excellent size and combines this with strong skating ability. He has a good first step and a powerful stride that gives him very good acceleration. His top-end speed is also good in both directions. This allows Mailloux to push the play forward and still get back defensively. With his good crossovers and edgework, he has excellent agility and mobility. This allows Mailloux to walk the line and open up passing and shooting lanes. It also helps his gap control. Mailloux is also strong on his skates. He wins battles on the boards as well as in front of the net. He should only get better as he adds muscle to his frame.
Offensive Game

Mailloux has an absolute cannon of a slap shot. He has one of the best point shots in the draft class. He also has an excellent one-timer and is able to adjust his feet to get it off even when the pass isn’t the greatest. Mailloux also has an excellent wrist shot. He can sneak into the top of the circles to let it go. Mailloux is also able to use it off the rush. He has a quick release. Mailloux is also able to toe-drag the puck and change his release angle.
Mailloux is a good stickhandler and can carry the puck through the neutral zone. This helps him to lead the rush as well as get effective zone entries on the powerplay. Mailloux makes a good first pass out of the zone and can quarterback the play at the blue line. He has the poise to hold the puck and the vision and passing skill to create scoring chances from the point. Mailloux is aggressive in joining the rush as well as pinching in from the blue line to keep the play alive. There are times when he is overly aggressive though, and this can lead to chances against."

2021 NHL Draft: Logan Mailloux Scouting Report - Not Ranked

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
"Skating
Mailloux has excellent size and combines this with strong skating ability. He has a good first step and a powerful stride that gives him very good acceleration. His top-end speed is also good in both directions. This allows Mailloux to push the play forward and still get back defensively. With his good crossovers and edgework, he has excellent agility and mobility. This allows Mailloux to walk the line and open up passing and shooting lanes. It also helps his gap control. Mailloux is also strong on his skates. He wins battles on the boards as well as in front of the net. He should only get better as he adds muscle to his frame.
Offensive Game

Mailloux has an absolute cannon of a slap shot. He has one of the best point shots in the draft class. He also has an excellent one-timer and is able to adjust his feet to get it off even when the pass isn’t the greatest. Mailloux also has an excellent wrist shot. He can sneak into the top of the circles to let it go. Mailloux is also able to use it off the rush. He has a quick release. Mailloux is also able to toe-drag the puck and change his release angle.
Mailloux is a good stickhandler and can carry the puck through the neutral zone. This helps him to lead the rush as well as get effective zone entries on the powerplay. Mailloux makes a good first pass out of the zone and can quarterback the play at the blue line. He has the poise to hold the puck and the vision and passing skill to create scoring chances from the point. Mailloux is aggressive in joining the rush as well as pinching in from the blue line to keep the play alive. There are times when he is overly aggressive though, and this can lead to chances against."

2021 NHL Draft: Logan Mailloux Scouting Report - Not Ranked

From the highlights I've seen, he seems to favor his wrist shot over his slapshot even from the point. That's one of the key features that reminded me of Denis Potvin, who used to dominate with his wrist shot from the Islanders' blue line despite also having an excellent slapshot.

Reactions: Dutronc

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That is a lifestyle choice, not age. I was in bad shape during my 30s. I’m more than a decade older and can keep quiet trim in the summer when I aim for 1000 kms on the mountain bike, using my own muscles to go up and down. I’ve also used 1000 bike touring kms in a 4 week period to the same effect. Prioritize exercise, healthy eating, and portion control and you can make as many shapes as you want lol!
You actually proved his point. :laugh:

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hope not. Lol. I started losing weight via my strategy when I was 37 and my doctor told me my blood pressure was way too high. I lost 20 kgs (15 kgs which I kept off) and no more high blood press.
It can be done of course, but it takes work. That was his point.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
From the highlights I've seen, he seems to favor his wrist shot over his slapshot even from the point. That's one of the key features that reminded me of Denis Potvin, who used to dominate with his wrist shot from the Islanders' blue line despite also having an excellent slapshot.

He didn't have much of an NHL career, but when I think wrist from the point I think David Wilkie. Had almost 40 goals in around 50 games his last year in Junior, 27 in 29 with the Pats, where I was growing up. His wrister from the point was something else, too bad it didn't translate to the NHL.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He didn't have much of an NHL career, but when I think wrist from the point I think David Wilkie. Had almost 40 goals in around 50 games his last year in Junior, 27 in 29 with the Pats, where I was growing up. His wrister from the point was something else, too bad it didn't translate to the NHL.

Never heard of him.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Never heard of him.

I do… that was during a period Montreal went WHL heavy like 4 years in a row or something. Big mofos, but only Stevenson had a decent career. Wilkie put up great junior numbers and I remember being quite excited for him making pro. Oh well…

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Something tells me that at some point the Habs will release his rights.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Why would they release his rights?

I hope you're wrong and he becomes a legit top 4 for this team in the years to come.
Hope so too but with the overhaul I feel like the organization wants to right a lot of wrongs - will see within next couple months with new GM etc.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hope so too but with the overhaul I feel like the organization wants to right a lot of wrongs - will see within next couple months with new GM etc.
It's going to be even easier to keep him around IMO as that black mark will always remain on Timmins/Bergy.

So Gorton and company didn't really draft him so if he can do well with his hockey career without any incidents it should be fine.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He is ok now as long as he is a good citizen. One mistake and he would have issues.
Would be interesting to know what he worked on during all those months...

I guess we'll see it on the ice. Hopefully, he didn't only work on his muscular mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad