Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
It's a matter of time for Kovacevic.
Harris will eventually be moved, that's always been the case.
Savard will be a question of traded or run out his contract.

Barron I believe will hang around until Reinbacher and Mailloux establish themselves, he's more likely a piece in a bigger deal.
I think Kovacevic is undervalued on the board. His offense is very limited but he's one of the few really shutdown D, other than Guhle, that they have. There are a lot of fast two way D, and some up and coming mostly offense guys. I doubt he's a top 4, but longer term there are advantages to having a big defensively sound guy on the third pairing as opposed to most of the other options.

I suppose I expect him to be a long term 6/7 D while a bunch of the current LDs will move.

Reactions: Guillermo and jrom

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's a matter of time for Kovacevic.
Harris will eventually be moved, that's always been the case.
Savard will be a question of traded or run out his contract.

Barron I believe will hang around until Reinbacher and Mailloux establish themselves, he's more likely a piece in a bigger deal.
Yeah,, for the younger guys you hope to be able to move them down the line when they've reached their ceiling as players, and therefore have max value onnthe trade market.

It's why I want to trade Kovacevic and Savard first. Their values are as high as they'll get.Though Hughes may keep Savard until next TDL to stabilize the dcore through next year, before giving the reins to the youth.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Safe to say
His AHL rookie season couldn't be going better honestly

The jam of NHL D we have is actually helping him since we don't need to call him up until even next season really
Just keep focusing on getting better and better

It's definitely nice to know we have a couple of actual RD pieces in the system instead of, you know, 0 lol

JUST for fun, you could compare his Rookie season/production with Jiricek and Nemec's rookie seasons in the AHL last year as well, granted they were both 19, but still, rookies are rookies too lol

Mailloux currently 32 pts in 45 games
Nemec had 34 pts in 65 games
Jiricek had 38 pts in 55 games
And those were considered pretty terrific rookie seasons offensively

So again, for Mailloux, this isn't nothin!

Last edited:

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yeah, but all I want to hear from now on is that he is improving his defensive side. It's the only way he becomes an NHL regular of significance (top 4). So, is he?
I was just about to ask, as someone who doesn't actually watch the games only the highlights, how is his defensive game shaping up?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, but all I want to hear from now on is that he is improving his defensive side. It's the only way he becomes an NHL regular of significance (top 4). So, is he?

still a lot of work needed there but he's going to need to be paired with someone like Guhle to help off-set his lapses as the IQ is certainly questionable.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
With Harris injury, i hope they'll give him a chance to play a few games with the big club

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With Harris injury, i hope they'll give him a chance to play a few games with the big club

Xhekaj was scratched so Harris could play, so they are definitely not going to call up Mailloux right now. If Guhle is also out, then possibly

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Xhekaj was scratched so Harris could play, so they are definitely not going to call up Mailloux right now. If Guhle is also out, then possibly
Someone is getting called up and both Barron and Norlinder left yesterday's game and did not return. It's Mailloux or Trudeau

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
That makes me salivate seeing what he would do as a forward. Our forward prospect pool is pretty thin and I wonder what he would do there. He's got the size and skills to do damages. It's been done before in the past with a few guys like Wendel Clarke.
Man, his production, making All Star at 20, people saying he could be a great forward... getting crazy Subban deja vu.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Part of me wish he's getting called up, on the other hand i'm a little worry MSL messed up with him like he is doing with X, those guy's are gamer they play their best hockey playing with edge if you try to take away the risky side of their game you end up with just ordinary players

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Safe to say
His AHL rookie season couldn't be going better honestly

The jam of NHL D we have is actually helping him since we don't need to call him up until even next season really
Just keep focusing on getting better and better

It's definitely nice to know we have a couple of actual RD pieces in the system instead of, you know, 0 lol

JUST for fun, you could compare his Rookie season/production with Jiricek and Nemec's rookie seasons in the AHL last year as well, granted they were both 19, but still, rookies are rookies too lol

Mailloux currently 32 pts in 45 games
Nemec had 34 pts in 65 games
Jiricek had 38 pts in 55 games
And those were considered pretty terrific rookie seasons offensively

So again, for Mailloux, this isn't nothin!
Just to add,
He is currently the fifth highest-scoring defenseman in the league, and that as a rookie, just two points away from the first place.

Is Mailloux allowed to play?
Yes .

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Man, his production, making All Star at 20, people saying he could be a great forward... getting crazy Subban deja vu.

I would wait till Rainbacker comes in and see what he could do and then switch Mailloux as a forward. Experiment on that in Laval this year to see what he can do for one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad