Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think they would be a fantastic duo for us, Ghule would be the perfect partner for him

Yeah, pretty soon we could see:

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson/Matheson - Reinbacher

Will be interesting to see the Mailloux, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Engstrom transitions to the NHL over the next few years.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah, pretty soon we could see:

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson/Matheson - Reinbacher

Will be interesting to see the Mailloux, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Engstrom transitions to the NHL over the next few years.

Wanted Mitchkov at the draft, didn't know much about Reinbacher but i really liked what i saw in pre-season games, cant wait to see him more

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Logan Mailloux now has 11 goals, 21 assists for 32 points in 45 games.
He's produced like this in every league I have seen him play. Junior B with the London Nationals as a rookie....In the O with the Knights.....and now in the AHL.

He will be a very solid offensive defensemen for us, scoring in the neighbourhood of ~50 pts per year.

He will be on one of our two PP units, potentially the first one with his heavy shot.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's produced like this in every league I have seen him play. Junior B with the London Nationals as a rookie....In the O with the Knights.....and now in the AHL.

He will be a very solid offensive defensemen for us, scoring in the neighbourhood of ~50 pts per year.

He will be on one of our two PP units, potentially the first one with his heavy shot.
Some players improve more than I expect them to

Reactions: waitin425

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
He has 10 points in his last 10 games.

He's on pace to have 1 less points than Subban had in Hamilton, but in 5 less games.

I think once he's up, he's up for good, he's going to be a top 4 dman with a killer shot on the pp. MB and Timmins took a lot of heat and it's sad I will always remember him for that no matter how good he is in the nhl.

Reactions: HabzSauce

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The question marks around Mailloux are more about how his defensive game will be at the NHL level.

Given how much time he's missed I hope he gets really good AHL seasoning before he faces NHL forwards in the defensive end.

As it stands now, he may get a cup of coffee this year, and then next year maybe he'll be an injury replacement. We have 8 NHL Dmen already as of now going into next year:

Matheson - Guhle
Struble - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris - Kovacevic

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
The question marks around Mailloux are more about how his defensive game will be at the NHL level.

Given how much time he's missed I hope he gets really good AHL seasoning before he faces NHL forwards in the defensive end.

As it stands now, he may get a cup of coffee this year, and then next year maybe he'll be an injury replacement. We have 8 NHL Dmen already as of now going into next year:

Matheson - Guhle
Struble - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris - Kovacevic
I see scenarios where any one of Savard, Harris, Barron and kova go. Obviously not all, but our d is tough to project into next year.

Reactions: 26Mats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes, I think Hughes trades at least one of those 4.

It's a matter of time for Kovacevic.
Harris will eventually be moved, that's always been the case.
Savard will be a question of traded or run out his contract.

Barron I believe will hang around until Reinbacher and Mailloux establish themselves, he's more likely a piece in a bigger deal.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
the phone that Maiiloux gets his call up from

IMG_1221.jpeg

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Personally I was surprised by his slow start, already at camp I thought he looked very, very good. He’s a sure fire NHLer at this point. What a steal by Bergy, he was not the best GM but he had balls that’s for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad