Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Does Mailloux play AHL next year? And I can't wait for Xhekaj either. I think we really can use a guy like that and he's not without talent. We've got some exciting prospects to watch at last. We've usually only got one or two prospects of value in Laval. Laval is gonna have a great team soon.

Reactions: themilosh

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Does Mailloux play AHL next year? And I can't wait for Xhekaj either. I think we really can use a guy like that and he's not without talent. We've got some exciting prospects to watch at last. We've usually only got one or two prospects of value in Laval. Laval is gonna have a great team soon.
Mailloux can't and shouldn't even if he could.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Wats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why? I'm really excited about Mailloux as a hockey player. I would love to see what he could do at the AHL level and eventually in the NHL.
Because he's played like 10 OHL games in his career, it's certainly far too soon to move him into the AHL even if he were eligible.

He hasn't shown the ability to play defense at the OHL level yet. To the point where we aren't sure if it's rust or another issue because the sample size is too small.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Because he's played like 10 OHL games in his career, it's certainly far too soon to move him into the AHL even if he were eligible.

He hasn't shown the ability to play defense at the OHL level yet. To the point where we aren't sure if it's rust or another issue because the sample size is too small.
Yep. That's far too few of games. That makes sense to me. Thanks!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Why? I'm really excited about Mailloux as a hockey player. I would love to see what he could do at the AHL level and eventually in the NHL.
He's lost too much development time...he needs another year in the O.....and god willing, can play for Canada in the U20 tournament.

He can go to the AHL after next year

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Shoulder injury and might be operated. 4 to 6 months absence if he is.....lol

Dumb pick then. Even dumber now. Remains to be seen how dumb it will be in the future. But there will be some very good players that were chosen after him....geez.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Mailloux would need 2 more years of OHL.. You don't miss that much development time and somehow be able to Mentally and Physically handle the NHL because you have high IQ.

It was Nice to see LM get those two nice wristers showing his elite level talent, But I don't think he makes the NHL or AHL anytime soon.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Shoulder injury and might be operated. 4 to 6 months absence if he is.....lol

Dumb pick then. Even dumber now. Remains to be seen how dumb it will be in the future. But there will be some very good players that were chosen after him....geez.
Good thing they got Barron. Especially if they lose the draft lottery and draft someone like Nemec, he wouldn't have a spot when you account for a probable vet signing. Even if they win and draft wright, I suspect that Hughes will want to sign a vet like Letang on the right side. Sucks if the injury really hampers his development but he's essentially a backup plan now

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mailloux would need 2 more years of OHL.. You don't miss that much development time and somehow be able to Mentally and Physically handle the NHL because you have high IQ.

It was Nice to see LM get those two nice wristers showing his elite level talent, But I don't think he makes the NHL or AHL anytime soon.

We drafted him for needs. Though the kid is not without talent like Tinordi was. But he was a need pick. In most lists, wasan't top 30 before the incident was known. We had other possibilities. We decided to f*** it up. And now, the NEED might be at best 3 years from being in the NHL. What will be our needs then? We don't know. Reason why needs should never be drafted.

It's not like he was a top 10 pick and we decided that as BPA we had to draft him. THAT would be another story.

Yes, he has qualities. Good skater. Good wristers. But his defensive work needs TONS of improvement. As big as the guy is...his strength needs TONS of work too. I've seen him continuously be beaten and pushed around by much smaller players. Is it strength? Is it will? The guy better not decide to retire...we'll wait for him. But it will be WAY longer than some expected to be. While we will watch guys picked in the 2nd round having more success sooner and better than him. No doubt.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
We drafted him for needs. Though the kid is not without talent like Tinordi was. But he was a need pick. In most lists, wasan't top 30 before the incident was known. We had other possibilities. We decided to f*** it up. And now, the NEED might be at best 3 years from being in the NHL. What will be our needs then? We don't know. Reason why needs should never be drafted.

It's not like he was a top 10 pick and we decided that as BPA we had to draft him. THAT would be another story.

Yes, he has qualities. Good skater. Good wristers. But his defensive work needs TONS of improvement. As big as the guy is...his strength needs TONS of work too. I've seen him continuously be beaten and pushed around by much smaller players. Is it strength? Is it will? The guy better not decide to retire...we'll wait for him. But it will be WAY longer than some expected to be. While we will watch guys picked in the 2nd round having more success sooner and better than him. No doubt.
He lacks inside moves or else he'd be a great Center.. A playmaker who can work into position and make a pass ( kind of like Poehlings potential ).

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

That's part of the reason MB was let go. The KK pick is a prime example. Hopefully Mailloux pans out. I personally don't think it's as big of a deal as maybe you do but there were definitely some intriguing prospects taken after him

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

And here comes Barron. He was probably a target for that reason. It leaves Mailloux more time to develop (if he does)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00