Line Predictions When Healthy

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I want Roslovic back with the Moose as soon as possible, bring him up next season on the roster full-time. I want that guy getting as much ice-time as he can possibly get.

But for now:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Lowry-Copp
Dano-Hendricks-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Myers
Enstrom-Byfuglien

I have Dano instead of Tanev because Dano has been playing better offensively since being filled in, like he's valuing his time.

Reactions: libertarian

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I would like to give this a try
Ehlers/Scheif/Laine
Connor/Wheeler/Armia
Perreault/Little/Roslovic
Copp/Lowry/Tanev
Lemieux
That’s sure some depth right through the line up

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I don't like seeing Lowry on the 4th line anymore. He's going to get the shutdown matchups anyway, which means lots of icetime. This can either happen with 4th liners like Tanev, or top 9 guys like Perreault. I want to give all the best players the most icetime.

Anyway I think my prefered healthy lineup looks like this:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Guy-Copp-Guy (I like Copp at centre, but I'm undecided on the wingers.)

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't like seeing Lowry on the 4th line anymore. He's going to get the shutdown matchups anyway, which means lots of icetime. This can either happen with 4th liners like Tanev, or top 9 guys like Perreault. I want to give all the best players the most icetime.

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Great posts by many, thanks for the replies. I like this option a lot. I just posted in the PGT that Armia really can't be moved down, in fact if he ever snuck into the top six he would score over 20 goals. Guy does it all, PK, PP, realiable in all zones, I said I think he can do Tanev's job even better and should not be moved back down. I think in your option you can flip flop Perreault and Connor too if need be. As for the fourth line you have lots of options in Tanev, Dano, Matthias, Roslo playing on Copp's wings. But I realize PMo will most likely keep Hendricks in and reunite Scheif and Wheels, but the biggest thing for me is leave Armia in the top 9 as he adds that scoring threat that Tanev just doesn't plus he can play the shut down game too. That third line is beauty you got there!

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Think id talk to Ottawa about Brassard or Pageau.

Laine Scheif Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Brassard/Pageau Armia

Copp Lowry Roslo. Shutdown type with scoring and speed.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What I would love to see heading into playoffs, is the following:

Laine/Scheifele/Ehlers
Connor/Wheeler/Roslovic
Perreault/Little/Armia
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Morrissey/Trouba
Enstrom/Buff
Kulikov/Myers

Helly

Pressbox:
Hendricks/Chairot
Mason
Not so sure about Wheeler at C. He's playing a bit slower than we'll need in the playoffs. Also, Little's game has really picked up.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The Wheeler line is not working. Time to get Roslo at centre in the top 2. Wheeler is not working at centre. That first line is terrible in their own end.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
put one man armia to first or second line. he is like boss here. bIG strong,assistKING, in the realworld also very good goalscorer but hasnt get to develope his scoring with highlife donfidenceSPEED sort of. this team still very misshandled. cant have armia for lowerlines he is like the best player at this team and deserve toplineminites and offensive playmates and very rare superstarrespect.....has media at Winnipegs taken upp this material yet? i feel shame for this organisation. old tired men sitting there jiggling their skin? i bet so

avgard hockeypfrossor

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The Wheeler line is not working. Time to get Roslo at centre in the top 2. Wheeler is not working at centre. That first line is terrible in their own end.

So your solution is to put a raw rookie who has played zero games in the NHL at center on the top line??

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Not so sure about Wheeler at C. He's playing a bit slower than we'll need in the playoffs. Also, Little's game has really picked up.

Based on a couple of comments in the PGT the idea was floated about using Lowry (when he's back) to solidify the top line. Connor - Lowry - Wheeler for example. If the team could be successful in the absence of Scheifele with some variation of lines then it would give the team a ridiculous option when Chef returns.

Line 1 Connor - Lowry - Wheeler (Shut down line that would threaten to score a lot)
Line 2 MP - Little - Ehlers (2 way line that can get hot)
Line 3 - Laine - Scheifele - Roslovic (sheltered offensive Juggernaut - at home)
Line 4 Matthias / Dano - Copp - Armia (can take some tough matchups)

This of course could be laid out several ways
MP-Hendricks-Armia reunion
Ehlers or MP used with Scheif and Laine.

Anyways the general idea would be 3 lines that could handle tough matchups and 3 lines that range from Top - 6 to Elite production.

Copp or Wheeler (or Roslovic) remaining successful at center when Scheifele comes back would be the key to allowing us to ice a line up that when healthy would be near impossible to match.

That all being said I subscribe to the thinking that Chevy won't expose anyone at this point so Roslovic is likely headed back to the Moose unless injuries

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
What i hope;

Perreault - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Ehlers - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Hendricks - Tanev

What is going to happen;

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Perreault - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Hendricks - Tanev

Reactions: suihkukone

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
What i hope;

Perreault - Scheifele - Laine
Ehlers - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Hendricks - Tanev

What is going to happen;

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Perreault - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Hendricks - Tanev

I think it's likely if they are 100% healthy that we see MP-Hendo-Armia reunited.
Roslovic is essentially the only thing that would throw a wrench in this plan.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Hah! A team is 6-0-1 since losing their top line center and Is dominating possession and fans want to change all the lines and put a player with 3 games of NHL experience as a RW in the 1C hole. Makes sense

That does seem silly.
However in games like last night were they had a large lead I think you could experiment to see what Roslovic would look like with some talented wingers. Build some confidence.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What I expect is right back to what we had before Fefe was injured.
What I would like to see is pretty much the same as I have been wanting to see since TC.
E-S-L
MP - Lowry - Armia
Dano - Copp - Tanev

Intangibles be damned, Copp is showing that he should be playing C. I wouldn't mind seeing him between Perreault and Armia. Try that as soon as Lowry gets back and while Nickels is still out. Put Lowry in Fefe's spot.

Reactions: Guffman

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I disagree, you want your most skilled lineup heading into playoffs, which IMO includes Jack.

If they call him up in mid March, use the last 10 games to acclimate him with Wheels, he could give us a shot of skill that could make us even deeper up front. As well, he has been playing wing with the Moose, as well as center. Playing him on the wing for a month or 2 of hockey, will not hinder his ability to man the middle going forward with his career.

Pretty sure Roslovic goes down as soon as we are healthy. Chevy won't waive anyone to keep him up. I expect he will be back as soon as the roster limit opens up though. We need him to play in the NHL to be ready for the playoffs.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Copp is showing that he can handle Lowry's role pretty well. He doesn't have Lowry's physicality but he is better offensively (I think, not sure). Defensively I'm not sure there is much difference. Copp is certainly faster and that helps in both directions. If given the same chance I'm not sure which would be better all around.

Someone in the post game thread commented that it is becoming more clear that Wheeler is not a C. I'm beginning to think the same. He is doing an admirable job filling in but once Lowry is back I think Wheeler should go back to RW and Copp can play C until Fefe gets back. I'd put Lowry in the top 6 somewhere just because he is more experienced. Copp plays 3C.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
Conner - Sheif - Laine
Ehlers - Little - Wheeler
MP - Copp - Dano
Tanev - Lowry - Armia

3 balances scoring lines with the top 6 getting the better centres and right wings. Armia and Dano could be swapped but with Armias Defensive skill I think that makes a better shut down line that can continue to play well vs other top lines.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
That does seem silly.
However in games like last night were they had a large lead I think you could experiment to see what Roslovic would look like with some talented wingers. Build some confidence.

I think this is what I would like to see. Just for a period when we are up enough in a game. I just get this feeling the Roslovic would shine, from what we've seen from him on the fourth line over a couple of games. I really think there is a lot he could prove.

Reading through this thread, our depth is ridiculous...... :)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm just curious what lines people would go with when we are 100% healthy and/or what lines they think Pmo will go with?

Exact same before Schiefs injury

Oh god I hope not, but I think that is likely. Maurice is one of those people who are going to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Psych0dad...The line up you're referring to was a winning line-up. Maurice would be expecting the SAME result.

Literally scratching my head at your reasoning.:huh::help:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Based on a couple of comments in the PGT the idea was floated about using Lowry (when he's back) to solidify the top line. Connor - Lowry - Wheeler for example. If the team could be successful in the absence of Scheifele with some variation of lines then it would give the team a ridiculous option when Chef returns.

Line 1 Connor - Lowry - Wheeler (Shut down line that would threaten to score a lot)
Line 2 MP - Little - Ehlers (2 way line that can get hot)
Line 3 - Laine - Scheifele - Roslovic (sheltered offensive Juggernaut - at home)
Line 4 Matthias / Dano - Copp - Armia (can take some tough matchups)

This of course could be laid out several ways
MP-Hendricks-Armia reunion
Ehlers or MP used with Scheif and Laine.

Anyways the general idea would be 3 lines that could handle tough matchups and 3 lines that range from Top - 6 to Elite production.

Copp or Wheeler (or Roslovic) remaining successful at center when Scheifele comes back would be the key to allowing us to ice a line up that when healthy would be near impossible to match.

That all being said I subscribe to the thinking that Chevy won't expose anyone at this point so Roslovic is likely headed back to the Moose unless injuries
I'm all for giving Lowry a shot at centering the top line while Scheif is out, but as soon as he's back, Scheif is our 1c no questions asked. I do like the idea of three performing lines, however, and right now Laine isn't meshing so give him a stint on the 3rd line with Copp & Armia, which should be a dang good line in its own right.

Roslo-Hendy-Dano works at 4 for now, but unless Dano gets traded or Roslo continues to play really well, he's no doubt headed back to Moose when Schief returns, Lowry moves back to 3C and Copp to the 4th line.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm all for giving Lowry a shot at centering the top line while Scheif is out, but as soon as he's back, Scheif is our 1c no questions asked. I do like the idea of three performing lines, however, and right now Laine isn't meshing so give him a stint on the 3rd line with Copp & Armia, which should be a dang good line in its own right.

Roslo-Hendy-Dano works at 4 for now, but unless Dano gets traded or Roslo continues to play really well, he's no doubt headed back to Moose when Schief returns, Lowry moves back to 3C and Copp to the 4th line.

I think Mo loves Copp-Lowry-Tanev and will reunite them when he can.
My point was at home you could use a Lowry line and a Little line to neutralize the other teams best players and then feast on some juicy O-zone starts for Scheif - Laine + ?

But I would bet dollars to donuts that Scheif and Wheeler get reunited when #55 is back.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Psych0dad...The line up you're referring to was a winning line-up. Maurice would be expecting the SAME result.

Literally scratching my head at your reasoning.:huh::help:

They had a 10 game stretch with 7 losses just prior to Chefs injury. Sure, they have won a lot over the season but there is no reason to think they couldn't have won even more with proper line usage and combinations.

They are winning now too without Chef. And that is because ELL was (forced to) changed. Little, Ehlers, Wheeler and Laine have all been better 5 on 5 than before the forced change.

It is exactly what some of us argued would happen if that stupid line was broken up. And it happened.

When we have the full lineup again, we should optimize the lineup for playoffs. Find out best working combinations that get the most out of the team. CSW and ELL are not the answer, we have to know that much by now. There is plenty of data to back it up.

When losing a player of Chef's calibre improves your lineup chemistry And production, because it forces the coach to make changes that were obvious even before, it doesn't really look good on the coach. Continuing on that idiotic path will look even worse. The major thing standing between the Jets and Stanley Cup finals is Maurices lack of abstract thought in coaching.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad