Line Predictions When Healthy

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Why do you think either one needs a demotion? I don't get it. They have exactly the same kind of defensive lapses depending on the matchup that the CSW line had, but in this case they are actually scoring in the other end as well.

Don't you at least want to see a bit more of that line?
Scheif & Wheeler will be first line whether we like it or not. Prefer to keep 2nd line as is -- at least they are consistently producing. So for now can't accommodate both in the top 6 when Scheif is back.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers Schief Wheeler

Connor Little Laine

Perreault Lowry Armia

Copp Roslo Tanev

PB and duties:

Mathias (drinks) Hendricks (old time stories) Dano (popcorn)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh god I hope not, but I think that is likely. Maurice is one of those people who are going to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Yeah, that would be terrible! :sarcasm:
Maurice will do the same thing expecting the same result.
You make it sound as though we were losing until Scheifele was injured freeing us from the burden of carrying him.

I've wanted different line combos since TC but the lines we had were working.

Edit: Never mind. I should have read further on.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers Schief Wheeler

Connor Little Laine

Perreault Lowry Armia

Copp Roslo Tanev

PB and duties:

Don't think so Sip. That means 15 F's and 6 D. Chiarot waived - and lost.

Unless he does something highly unlikely Roslovic goes back to the Moose until the roster limit opens up after the TD. Or unless we have another injury.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
i read on roto world Laine Connor Wheeler playing on the same line who play Center ? Connor???

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
My opinion is that when Scheifele gets back Jets should keep Wheeler as center, he has been so good. That would give us advantage especially in road games.

Perreault - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Wheeler - Armia
Copp - Little - Ehlers
Hendrics - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Enstrom - Poolman

Jets would have best 3rd line in NHL and Armia would get taste in top 6, either one of top two lines (or 4th) could match up against opponents best line.

On Powerplay Perreault, Scheifele & Laine would stay together with Morrissey on point and Lowry as net front presence.
2nd unit would be Connor, Wheeler, Armia & Little with Myers on the point.

Trade deadline Jets should go after Adam McQuaid type of defenseman to play with Enstrom

Reactions: Ippenator

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ehlers Schief Wheeler

Connor Little Laine

Perreault Lowry Armia

Copp Roslo Tanev

PB and duties:

Very close to what I'd like to see.

I think that's the right bottom 6, with Copp at C and Roslovic on RW.

Not sure about the mix in the top 6. I think Maurice would like to keep Scheifele and Wheeler together, but I think it might be good to mix it up.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
(Ehlers has been strong in his own zone and Laine is improving. If they are good enough I would play them with Scheifele. They can all play a good horizontal game).

Connor-Little-Wheeler
(Three straight line "vertical" players. Little has been better lately. A line that can play fast. Connor complements them with speed and hands).

Perreault-Lowry-Armia
(Shut down 3rd line that can score and match other team's top lines).

Tanev-Copp-Roslovic
(Blazing fast 4th line that can pot a few goals. You could replace Tanev or Roslovic with Dano against slower teams, but I like Roslovic in the line-up for now).

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
My opinion is that when Scheifele gets back Jets should keep Wheeler as center, he has been so good. That would give us advantage especially in road games.

Connor - Wheeler - Armia
Copp - Little - Ehlers
Hendrics - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Enstrom - Poolman

Jets would have best 3rd line in NHL and Armia would get taste in top 6, either one of top two lines (or 4th) could match up against opponents best line.

On Powerplay Perreault, Scheifele & Laine would stay together with Morrissey on point and Lowry as net front presence.

Trade deadline Jets should go after Adam McQuaid type of defenseman to play with Enstrom

Why would you want Hendricks on the wing, as a centre he can't win faceoff's and on the PK he isn't very good, a lot better players to insert in the lineup over Hendricks! I'd insert Dano or Mathias over Hendricks all day long!

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010

Not sure about the mix in the top 6. I think Maurice would like to keep Scheifele and Wheeler together, but I think it might be good to mix it up.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
(Ehlers has been strong in his own zone and Laine is improving. If they are good enough I would play them with Scheifele. They can all play a good horizontal game).

Connor-Little-Wheeler
(Three straight line "vertical" players. Little has been better lately. A line that can play fast. Connor complements them with speed and hands).

Perreault-Lowry-Armia

Tanev-Copp-Roslovic
(Blazing fast 4th line that can pot a few goals. You could replace Tanev or Roslovic with Dano against slower teams, but I like Roslovic in the line-up for now).

If Wheeler is on wing I would like to see him with Little also, they have great chemistry.
Roslovic sure is making case for keeping him in lineup.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine

Connor-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Lowry-Armia

Tanev-Copp-Roslovic

We have a winner! That top 9 is scary good!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine

Connor-Little-Wheeler

Perreault-Lowry-Armia

Tanev-Copp-Roslovic

Nice line up but I don't think you will see Hendricks out - he'll remain the 4th C and Ros goes down. I know this thread is about what you'd "like" to see, but I can't see that happening.
It would be very interesting to see how Scheif works with Ehlers and Laine. It would have to be a lot better than Little's experience between those two. If he was able to make that group click, I'd be mildly surprised and very impressed.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Bottom line is this is a sinking ship without Scheifele. Any lineup without Scheifele is like apple pie sans the apple

Reactions: Razzle71

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

Connor - Wheeler - Armia
Copp - Little - Ehlers
Hendrics - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Enstrom - Poolman

Goddamn you nailed almost everything with these lines! I’m practically sure that with these lines the Jets would be an absolute offensive juggernaut, and the lines would be even defensively darn good. Absolutely optimal looking lines, that would make the Jets an absolute pain to play against for any team in the NHL. And if Hellebuyck would be continuing at the same level as he has played so far, the Jets would be losing incredibly small amount of games.

The only things that I kind of wonder about in your lineup is that you have left Ehlers completely out of the power play lines. I admit that I’m not the biggest fan of him, but I still can’t really see how he could be left out of both power play lines. He brings that good zone entries and can also score pretty well on the power play that even though his playmaking is very questionable to me, at least at the moment, I just can’t see how the Jets could be without using his great strengths especially on the power play.

Also I find it quite questionable to leave Buff completely out of the lineup. But at the same time I have to say that if he can’t be really made to play a clearly defensively committed risk free game with playing maximum 20 minutes per night, I also would in that case rather not see him play at all.

Anyway otherwise an absolutely amazing lineup. Pretty much optimal and really scary offensive powerhouse, that would have very balanced defensive power too. This would make the Jets practically a nightmare to make matchups against. So natural and balanced lines that I’m really surprised if not more of people can really see it.

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Anyone else like to see Roslovic slot into top 6 center role for a game? Maybe calgary or vancouver? Just to see what we've got.

Worked for KC.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Has anyone suggested keeping Wheeler at 3C and just sheltering the crap out of his line? Use Tanev-Lowry-Copp as shutdown, Scheif and Little can match up against anyone and be okay, and Wheeler's line eats up the weaker lines of other teams. Go Perreault-Wheeler-Armia if you're worried about him defensively.

I know it won't happen so not really a prediction, just a fantasy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It would be idiotic, yes.

Which is why Maurice will do just that.
CWL has looked bad defensively and not great offensively either.
Looking forward to seeing the CLT line though I feel for Armia being with Matthias and Hendricks.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Has anyone suggested keeping Wheeler at 3C and just sheltering the crap out of his line? Use Tanev-Lowry-Copp as shutdown, Scheif and Little can match up against anyone and be okay, and Wheeler's line eats up the weaker lines of other teams. Go Perreault-Wheeler-Armia if you're worried about him defensively.

I know it won't happen so not really a prediction, just a fantasy.
So who does that leave on the wings on the top 2 lines? Connor, Laine, Ehlers, Roslovic? And you are worried about sheltering Wheeler?

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
CWL has looked bad defensively and not great offensively either

Not really concerned about looks. They have been a lot more productive than CSW was in their last few weeks together and wouldn't be surprised if their defensive numbers are better too. Little and Ehlers have been more productive.

CSW and ELL are definitely not the way to go. Nothing supports those lines.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Laine Scheif Armia<----------16 minutes
MP (new center) Wheeler<----------16 minutes
Connor Little Ehlers<----------16 minutes
Copp Lowry Roslo<----------12 minutes

Morrissey Trouba<----------24 minutes
Kuli Buff<----------22 minutes
Enstrom Myers<----------14 minutes

Helle Mason 55/27 (games)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Laine Scheif Armia<----------16 minutes
MP (new center) Wheeler<----------16 minutes
Connor Little Ehlers<----------16 minutes
Copp Lowry Roslo<----------12 minutes

Morrissey Trouba<----------24 minutes
Kuli Buff<----------22 minutes
Enstrom Myers<----------14 minutes

Helle Mason 55/27 (games)
I'd like to see one game with Roslovic centering MP/Wheeler...... just to see. Worked for KC.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not really concerned about looks. They have been a lot more productive than CSW was in their last few weeks together and wouldn't be surprised if their defensive numbers are better too. Little and Ehlers have been more productive.

CSW and ELL are definitely not the way to go. Nothing supports those lines.
Little and Ehlers have been more productive because they got Perrault. The 4th line has also looked dramatically worse and more much less productive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad