Line Predictions When Healthy

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Little and Ehlers have been more productive because they got Perrault. The 4th line has also looked dramatically worse and more much less productive.

Yeah. But 4th line production is the last issue to worry about even though it was very nice when MP was in it. We can get more out of him with better players. He should play in 1st or second line even when Chef is back.

PSL is likely the best 1st line production wise but ESL would relieve Frenchy to run second line with Wheeler and Little.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That would be the right way to easy Roslovic into a big role. Maybe start him there next season?
I'd like to see one game with Roslovic centering MP/Wheeler...... just to see. Worked for KC.
I think Roslovic is arriving 1 year too late for developmental usage at the NHL level. We've done that for the past 2 seasons. IMO we have moved past "just to see" ease him into the lineup usage. If we are to become a contender you either the best option or you aren't.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Roslovic is arriving 1 year too late for developmental usage at the NHL level. We've done that for the past 2 seasons. IMO we have moved past "just to see" ease him into the lineup usage. If we are to become a contender you either the best option or you aren't.
Which is why I believe we need another center.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

I think he is the best option, and I think we will see Roslovic in our lineup down the stretch and into the playoffs. He looks good and will only get better. I think he gets In over Mathias and Dano, and plays until Scheif is back. I think he will show enough in that span to knock Hendricks to the press box heading into playoffs.

It’s my hope anyways.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah. But 4th line production is the last issue to worry about even though it was very nice when MP was in it. We can get more out of him with better players. He should play in 1st or second line even when Chef is back.

PSL is likely the best 1st line production wise but ESL would relieve Frenchy to run second line with Wheeler and Little.
I loved that 4th line Armia Hendricks and Perrault.

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
My opinion is that when Scheifele gets back Jets should keep Wheeler as center, he has been so good. That would give us advantage especially in road games.

Perreault - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - Wheeler - Armia
Copp - Little - Ehlers
Hendrics - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Enstrom - Poolman

Jets would have best 3rd line in NHL and Armia would get taste in top 6, either one of top two lines (or 4th) could match up against opponents best line.

On Powerplay Perreault, Scheifele & Laine would stay together with Morrissey on point and Lowry as net front presence.
2nd unit would be Connor, Wheeler, Armia & Little with Myers on the point.

Trade deadline Jets should go after Adam McQuaid type of defenseman to play with Enstrom
I can’t see Toby in the team. He has progressed quite badly over the last two years. Othervise the lineup looks great.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
What do you think about these lines when everyone's healthy?

Ehlers Scheif Laine
Connor Roslo Wheeler
Perreault Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

Roll with who's hot for Power Plays.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016

This post makes a lot of sense.

Ehlers is a great player but he has pretty funky chemistry with other teammates, probably due to his unique (ability to perform his) playstyle. ESL did plenty o'scoring and the youngsters hopefully will recognize that they are doing **** things and will improve on those.

That would indeed relieve MP for either a Wheeler or Armia combo. Armia is playing real good hockey right now as well.

ESL
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Lowry Armia

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Whatever we do I'm cool with it honestly. Move Matty P and Armia back down and let that 4th line feast

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
After watching how Ehlers and Little have been "freed" since the line changes, I don't wanna see ELL reunited. I would love to try:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Armia
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Laine
Tanev/Dano - Copp - Roslovic

Maurice probably won't do this as he loves to use the Lowry line as the checking line and I don't think he can or be willing to do that with Laine on that line but I think these lines would probably optimize the players

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Still wouldn't mind seeing:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Tanev

Scheifs and Wheeler can do their thing, Scheifs and Laine can do their thing, Wheeler and Laine have at least proven they won't hinder each other. If given time, this will become a dominant line. PLE is money, brilliant at both ends of the ice, spends most of it's time in the offensive zone. Connor-Lowry-Armia would be PLE lite, brilliant at both ends of the ice, dominant puck posession and Connor will finally add the finishing that our third line has been missing for so long.

As for the 4th line, I want Roslo to center is but dropping hendricks at this point doesn't look very probable, but I guess we'll see what happens. Also, the moose finished their last game with 8 forwards and Poolman playing forward so I definitely wouldn't mind sending Roslo back down to help and continue to develop. He'll be up with the club next season full time as I think Hendo was a one year thing and they'll drop him off like they did with Stuart and Thorburn.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Whatever we do I'm cool with it honestly. Move Matty P and Armia back down and let that 4th line feast

I agree. Also think it makes sense to keep MP fresh for the playoffs, esp given his chronic back problems.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
After watching how Ehlers and Little have been "freed" since the line changes, I don't wanna see ELL reunited. I would love to try:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Armia
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Laine
Tanev/Dano - Copp - Roslovic

Maurice probably won't do this as he loves to use the Lowry line as the checking line and I don't think he can or be willing to do that with Laine on that line but I think these lines would probably optimize the players

Switch Lowry and Copp for now (Roslovic in the future) as Lowry WILL be the shut down center and Laine would never and should never be used in that role.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Copp Lowry Tanev
MP Hendricks Armia.

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Enstrom Buff

Helle
Mason

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

MP and Armia were deadly on home ice when playing valuable 4th line minutes.

I think that line up gives us the best chance to win. Although Dano has been playing pretty well, making good solid plays and has bailed out Roslovic a few times. His first step is improving and his checking routes are getting quicker. I still think Tanev is the better option and has a more positive impact on the game, but Dano isn't far behind.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ehlers Scheif Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Roslo Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev/Dano/Lemieux

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Ehlers Scheif Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
MP Roslo Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev/Dano/Lemieux
Not going to happen because the Lowry line needs to play against other teams top lines. Switch The Roslo line and the Lowry line and I think it is more realistic and what I want to see. Keep Tanev in there over Dano as he is a much more tenacious forechecker and is much more motivating for a team to see a guy give his all if you are getting rid of Hendricks. Just OJO.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I doubt that the Jets will keep Roslovic up with the Jets once everyone is healthy, but I have been very impressed with his play. Dano has been good, too.

Wheeler has done an admirable job at C, but I don't think he's best suited to that position, especially if he's going to be playing a lot.

Reactions: Guerzy

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
When everyone is healthy, I’m fine with going with what Maurice had constructed.

Copp-Lowry-Tanev was such a solid line in their role that I am good having Perreault and Armia take less minutes but be very impactful on the fourth line. Plus, less chance for an injury to Perreault.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Still wouldn't mind seeing:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Tanev

Scheifs and Wheeler can do their thing, Scheifs and Laine can do their thing, Wheeler and Laine have at least proven they won't hinder each other. If given time, this will become a dominant line. PLE is money, brilliant at both ends of the ice, spends most of it's time in the offensive zone. Connor-Lowry-Armia would be PLE lite, brilliant at both ends of the ice, dominant puck posession and Connor will finally add the finishing that our third line has been missing for so long.

As for the 4th line, I want Roslo to center is but dropping hendricks at this point doesn't look very probable, but I guess we'll see what happens. Also, the moose finished their last game with 8 forwards and Poolman playing forward so I definitely wouldn't mind sending Roslo back down to help and continue to develop. He'll be up with the club next season full time as I think Hendo was a one year thing and they'll drop him off like they did with Stuart and Thorburn.
I like what you got going here. I would only make one change for fourth line, copp at centre with Tanev and Dano or roslo. I really wanna see wheeler and little reunited for a bit if they need a line shake up at some point.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Really starting to look like the Jets need a Lemieux more than a Roslo at this point. Calgary flames were taking runs at the Jets Buff was doing jackall about being the enforcer so we need Lemieux up playing a skilled Peluso role.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Really starting to look like the Jets need a Lemieux more than a Roslo at this point. Calgary flames were taking runs at the Jets Buff was doing jackall about being the enforcer so we need Lemieux up playing a skilled Peluso role.
Can't Hendricks drop the mitts when needed? Not sure why he doesn't. Must have busted up knuckles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad