Line Predictions When Healthy

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm just curious what lines people would go with when we are 100% healthy and/or what lines they think Pmo will go with?
Lots of combos and not easy but good problems to have when its a tough choice. (Let's also think maybe playoff time too where they can carry more bodies)

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
laine-scheif-ehlers
connor-petan-wheeler
perreault-little-roslovic
copp-lowry-armia

Jmo-trouba
enstrom-buff
kulikov-myers

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Pate-Chef-Fly
O’Connor-Lits -Cappy
Frenchie-Roslovic-Army
Copper-Lurch-Lemieux/Appleton

Mo-Trouble
LilSwede-Hulk
Kuli-AllNeck

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Ehlers/Scheifele/Laine
Connor/Little/Wheeler
Perreault/Lowry/Armia
Copp/Hendricks/Tanev

That’s what I would like to see but Maurice will switch scheif and Little

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Laine needs back with Little and Ehlers. Hasn't scored a goal since he left that line.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Loved Copp at C. Wheeler looks good there too, but probably need him on wing.

Predict...
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Hendricks-Dano (Tanev)

I think Maurice will want to load up his top 9, and Copp and Dano will show that they can carry a strong 4th line. I'd actually prefer Dano, Copp and Roslovic on the 4th line, but Hendricks is going to be hard to move out.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I find it funny that anyone put Dano above Tanev. The question wasn't What do you want to see it was predict what you will see. Where does anyone see Mo's attitude changing toward Dano with him only playing 6 minutes. I would predict Roslo playing over Dano. That is what I want to see also what I predict to see, but, truthfully I don't see either of them playing when the line-up is healthy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I find it funny that anyone put Dano above Tanev. The question wasn't What do you want to see it was predict what you will see. Where does anyone see Mo's attitude changing toward Dano with him only playing 6 minutes. I would predict Roslo playing over Dano. That is what I want to see also what I predict to see, but, truthfully I don't see either of them playing when the line-up is healthy.
I think Dano is playing exactly how Maurice wants him to, and producing. If he keeps playing like that it'll be a close call for Maurice between Dano and Tanev. Both should be ahead of Matthias.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
One thing we know for sure is that the CWL experiment will end as soon as possible. It does not seem like Maurice has any confidence whatsoever in those three; the matchups they are getting are ridiculously easy in relation to how talented they are, and they are still getting shredded out there in the defensive end. At home, Maurice is doing his best trying to shelter them (matchup charts behind the spoiler tag), which, in my opinion, has been one of the main reasons for Lowry's line logging massive minutes as of late; they can be trusted at both ends of the ice against tough opposition, whereas Wheeler's line has only had success in the offensive zone. That is not what you want from your so-called "top line".
matchups-2017-12-29-2017020582-NYIatWPG.png

matchups-2018-01-05-2017020631-BUFatWPG.png

matchups-2017-12-31-2017020600-WPGatEDM.png

matchups-2018-01-02-2017020610-WPGatCOL.png

As for how Maurice will fix this issue after Scheifele comes back, I don't know, and I don't really care either, as long as the points are flooding in. Lowry's line should be a lock to stay intact, though.

Reactions: mcpw

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
The same as they were, for the most part. From Maurice's perspective, why change something that was working? Even if ELL wasn't clicking offensively, they conceded very few goals which from Maurice's perspective is a success. The young players were being protected on 5on5 while allowing them to showcase their offensive talent on power-play.

He might switch Connor, Laine and Ehlers around, but that's about it.

We might see Perreault on the 3rd line, and Copp or Tanev in the 4th, but that's all the change I see happening for the "bottom 6". You can't bring up Perreault, Armia, etc. to the top 6 without down-grading one of the younger guys to bottom 6, which kind of kills their intended shutdown role.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think Dano is playing exactly how Maurice wants him to, and producing. If he keeps playing like that it'll be a close call for Maurice between Dano and Tanev. Both should be ahead of Matthias.
I'm more than fine with that because it means Dano is producing. I have a soft spot for Tanev but I'd rather see him benched and the team winning. Then him in the lineup and the Jets losing.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
What I would love to see heading into playoffs, is the following:

Laine/Scheifele/Ehlers
Connor/Wheeler/Roslovic
Perreault/Little/Armia
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Morrissey/Trouba
Enstrom/Buff
Kulikov/Myers

Helly

Pressbox:
Hendricks/Chairot
Mason

Last edited:
Reactions: HPsauce

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Laine/Scheifele/Laine
Connor/Wheeler/Roslovic
Perreault/Little/Armia
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Morrissey/Trouba
Enstrom/Buff
Kulikov/Myers

Helly

Pressbox:
Hendricks/Chairot
Mason

Depends on how much Ehler's/Laine's own zone and breakout game is going. Otherwise you have our top two lines likely struggling playing against the other team's best which is okay (but not great) at home, but a big problem on the road. Putting Shielf with Wheeler fixes that issue.

Ehlers Schief Wheeler
Connor Little Laine
Perreault Roslo Armia
CLT

Perhaps swapping Laine and Wheeler.

(Granted the 3rd/4th lines are in name only and TLC can go up against the other team's best and play 15 ish minutes)

As for a prediction, going back to pre-Schief's injury

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

Laine/Scheifele/Laine
Connor/Wheeler/Roslovic
Perreault/Little/Armia
Copp/Lowry/Tanev

Haha :)

I expect the exact lines as before the injury. Roslovic will be sent down when Tanev returns. Maurice has repeatedly said players don't lose their spots due to injury. Although, Perreault...

Edit: I don't want Roslovic up unless he plays centre. Jets have already converted enough centres to wingers. Roslovic has the skillset to be an excellent C and should focus on developing at that position.

Reactions: libertarian

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Edit: I don't want Roslovic up unless he plays centre. Jets have already converted enough centres to wingers. Roslovic has the skillset to be an excellent C and should focus on developing at that position.

Little started on wing in the NHL as did Lowry and Schielfele (I think about Shief). Unknown about Hendricks. I am not concerned about that.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Connor scheifele laine
ehlers little wheeler

or

ehlers scheifele laine
Connor little wheeler

Defence77

Dec 23, 2017
Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Roslo - Wheeler - Armia
Connor - Little - Perreault
Copp - Lowry - Hendricks
Spread the talent and put them with players that can handle defence. I tought with small sample that Roslo and Wheels may have some chemistry. Wheeler has been good at playing center.
Well rest of lines can murder every enemies, when we have 4th line that can handle other teams best line. You can play lines pretty much even.
This would be tough group to play against.
Id think Armia would start to get pucks in at some point with those players.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

I disagree, you want your most skilled lineup heading into playoffs, which IMO includes Jack.

If they call him up in mid March, use the last 10 games to acclimate him with Wheels, he could give us a shot of skill that could make us even deeper up front. As well, he has been playing wing with the Moose, as well as center. Playing him on the wing for a month or 2 of hockey, will not hinder his ability to man the middle going forward with his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->