Ligue 1 2017/18

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think he will. Because Diarra has 1 full game behind him (where he was great) and Motta hasn't even one game since his injury.

He doesn't have the instincts (yet?). When playing a quick midfield (see against Lyon), he lacks agressiveness. He doesn't get stuck in because it's going too fast for him. He doesn't anticipate quickly enough.
That's really not a knock on him, he never played 6 before. Not a two week adjustement to make.
Emery did have a great idea to move him there though, one of the few bright ideas he's had. He can play 6 against most L1 teams without problem. Against the top teams I don't think he's good enough yet at 6.
But we'll see in Madrid.

Yeah, that makes sense. He's being asked to play a completely different game. I liked him today much better. In a more advanced role where he can express himself offensively but still did not neglect his duties defensively.

Paredes-Lo Celso
Ascacibar hmmmm.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Totally bogus. Clear penalty. Couldn't make it much clearer in fact.
Doesn't mean Fekir should blow a fuse like this however.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Depay missing an easy header. Genesio's decision to sub Mariano out will bite him. He scores this with eyes closed. Memphis has added nothing to the team since he came in.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ndombele looks like somebody cloned Keita btw. Just a little bit taller. Would be nice if he learned to shoot like Keita too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
«J’aurai toujours moins de qualités que d’autres joueurs top, mais avec du travail et du dévouement j’ai réussi de grandes choses. Dans ma façon de voir la vie, il y a des choses plus importantes que d’être le meilleur buteur d’un club ou le Ballon d’Or.»
Amazing. This guy's work ethic and humility is admirable.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Luiz Araújo to the rescue! Came off the bench with Lille losing 2-0 to Lyon, assisted on Pepe's goal and scored the tying goal. The point keeps Lille out of the relegation zone.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I like Araujo a lot. He needs to buckle up a bit, but his speed and skills are promising.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I like Araujo a lot. He needs to buckle up a bit, but his speed and skills are promising.

I feel like he has the same problem as Lucas, his IQ let him down. He tries to overdribble instead of beating his man then passing the ball, he takes shots from bad locations, he shots instead of passing to teammates in better situations to score. He can be a very frustrating player, but when he's on, making good decisions with the ball he's really good.

I do wonder where he'll play next season if Lille is really relegated due to their financial troubles. or in the traditional way. Doubt they'll keep him for Ligue 2 and not sure he's done enough to convince a Ligue 1 team to pay more than what Lille did for him. Guys like El Ghazi, Mendes, Pepe, the goalie (forget his name) all should get nice offers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mariano and Depay still ignore each other on the pitch and Lyon has lost two important leads in Monaco and Lille.
Lyon's coach Bruno Genesio is apparently mad at both guys and Depay is hated by pretty much the whole Lyon lockerroom. His goal against PSG has inflated his head even more.
It's likely Lyon tries to dump him next summer.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure why some professional footballers are still such children. Like I understand how it happens but man...

Memphis is such a frustrating talent. His move to United too soon, though maybe it wasn't really responsible for his mentality. He needs a real guidance figure to level him out but at this point I don't think it ever happens.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yep, but I thought Mariano was just as much to blame on some plays.
I remember against Lille that at some point those two were alone on a counter against 4 defensemen. 3 of them surrounded Mariano and he sitll refused to pass to an open Depay and tried to dribble everyone by himself (and he's NOT a dribbler).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Garcia with a huge tactical mistake, putting Ocampos on the pitch instead of Sanson to get under PSG's skin (see first game). Result is that Ocampos is booked, nervous and lost on the pitch. Side result is that Thauvin is lost without Sanson on the pitch. Ocampos also could have been sent off already.
Garcia made his sub at the 37th, but OM was already 2-0 down.
Also Alves is dumb as a rock.
Anguissa really is progressing nicely. Will be tough for Lopez to take his place.
Rolando sucks. Should never start for a top L1 team.

Ref is doing a very good job so far.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
O Monstro.
How can Emery think Thiago Silva shouldn't start in Madrid... :facepalm:
Still best in the business, as this game proves.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At first I thought that was the knee...
But another replay showed simply a sprained ankle. Hopefully at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad