Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Poor Mbappe was hit behind the head early and then knocked out by Lopes later.
He's already out. PSG also without Neymar for this game.

I don't think they'll win this. Maybe a tie at best.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe has nothing serious per PSG doc.

Alves with a ridiculous red card. Experience of a young player there. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's amazing.

Game has lost a lot of zip since the red.
PSG looking shaky. I expect Lyon to score the winner any minute now.
Yeah, everyone (rightfully) talks about Aorar but Ndombele stood out to me today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Third great goal of the game and this is the winner by Memphis !
He had been absolutely awful since he came on, but that was a great shot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Some nice stats from Memphis in his appearance. 2 dribbles (0 times dispossessed), 83% pass completion and a magnificent strike. Sounds pretty fantastic. Big impact off the bench in a huge game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some nice stats from Memphis in his appearance. 2 dribbles (0 times dispossessed), 83% pass completion and a magnificent strike. Sounds pretty fantastic. Big impact off the bench in a huge game.
:facepalm:
At least you're not even pretending you saw the game.... :laugh:
Memphis scored a fantastic strike. Everyone one of his other minutes was absolutely ridiculously bad.
L'Equipe commentators on TV were laughing about how his strike was gold out of a stinker.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
This Ndombele player is doing alright.

He's been the best player on the field for Lyon more often than not the times he has started this season (perhaps other than Fekir). Amazing talent with room to grow as a player still, he's only 21. He's one of the best players I've seen in recent times at breaking the lines in the midfield. With the tiniest bit of open space, he'll beat multiple players and bring the ball up 30 yards. Barring injuries, he should be a great player both for Lyon and the French NT.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
BTW, Kante was a success with Caen. It's just that with defensive systems, it's sometimes hard to evaluate if the player is awfully good or if the system helps him.
I told everyone Kante was great before he signed with Leicester because Caen doesn't play as defensive as other teams.

So yes, Kante went from being an excellent player on a bottom L1 team to dominate the EPL two straight years. There's really no argument against it.
Doesn't mean L1 is great and EPL sucks, but it's certainly another proof that anyone who thinks L1 is weak should get his head examine.

Heck a year and a half ago, during our draft, I said I was drafting a maximum of Monaco players and D2M said "because Monaco is such a model for building a team", laughing at me.
Someone else who shall not be named laughed at my players pimping Giroud over Icardi and all. I picked Mbappe with me last pick IIRC.
A year later, some of those guys are sold for 100M.

And 6 months later, noobs tell me L1 is weak. LOL.

Not sure how many times I have to say that it was a joke... hence the emojie at the end of the post. Which you continually ignore.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You didn't at first IIRC.

Anyway, this one's on Dani. PSG's second half was in full control until the red. Totally unecessary. Totally justified too.
Lots of whining about ref decisions everywhere, but I thought Turpin made all the right decisions. Asking for a pen on Mbappe's injury is weird IMO. He never touched the ball, Lopes came at full speed and punched the ball. No foul.
Claims of penalties for PSG were also weird.
Finally the red seemed justified to me.

Of course, everyone's fed up that ref always go Lyon's way, but in this particular game, it was right.

Areola with a shaky game indeed. The first goal is arguable since the shot was perfect, but even then, he was shaky in several instances on crosses.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't blame him for the last goal though, he had no sight of the ball when it was shot (two PSG players between him and the ball).

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't think Areola is in the right environment to grow at PSG. I see him getting sheltered by people on social media being heavily criticized. For a club with PSG ambitions it would be better for them to sign an experienced goalie and let him go elsewhere where he will be allowed to progress.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Probably. But he's a PSG fan at heart. A club product too. Immense potential. But indeed, the pressure is high for him.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
The three amazing goals made up for a boring game last night. PSG didn't create shite, even with Mbappé on the field, it was simply a terrible performance team struggled mighty with Lyon high pressing.

I don't think Areola is in the right environment to grow at PSG. I see him getting sheltered by people on social media being heavily criticized. For a club with PSG ambitions it would be better for them to sign an experienced goalie and let him go elsewhere where he will be allowed to progress.

Oblak or Alisson would be perfect.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The three amazing goals made up for a boring game last night. PSG didn't create ****e, even with Mbappé on the field, it was simply a terrible performance team struggled mighty with Lyon high pressing.

Oblak or Alisson would be perfect.
PSG getting Alisson would crush the Keeper market this summer who are ‘counting’ on them spending more for a target.

Reactions: John Pedro

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Areola with a shaky game indeed. The first goal is arguable since the shot was perfect, but even then, he was shaky in several instances on crosses.
Not a fan of his positioning on that 1st goal. Not to take anything away from Fekirs shot because it was incredible, but if Areola is better positioned Fekir may not go for said shot.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Looking at Areola's position, you gotta think he wasn't seeing a shot as a possibility. He looks set up to intercept a cross.

Oh definitely. As a former goalie myself you gotta expect both, and he over committed to the cross. But like I said, Fekir's shot was incredible regardless.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Totally agreed.
But as I said, I was more worried of his behavior on crosses throughout the match. He made some nice saves too (including a tough one on Mariano), but was shaky on crosses all game long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad