Ligue 1 2017/18

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, Cavani can't buy a goal right now. 2 unbelievable chances missed this half. Keeper is putting on a show and so is Cavani.

Yeah, Cavani in his own head... its a 3-1 game point blank chance going 1v1 with the keeper and tries to lay it off to ADM. Fails miserably nice to see Di Marie talk to him after.

Maybe, he should've taken that PK lol.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh f***, that Pastore pass on that third PSG pass is orgasmic...
Few players can do that. 3? 4?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
While I'm happy he's finally getting playing time, I hope this isn't want Emery intends to do for the long term and convert Lo Celso to a DM.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Lo Celso has the physical tools to play there long term. But against lower level teams, it's a great fit.
Against Real? Don't think it's wise.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think Lo Celso has the physical tools to play there long term. But against lower level teams, it's a great fit.
Against Real? Don't think it's wise.
Yeah doesn't have the grit to play their ala Masch or Ascacibar. Who thrive their despite their size.

Will be interesting to see how he moves forward. If he continues to gain Emery trust and becomes central to PSG I'm hoping he can force Sampa in March and June.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, Malcom just made an incredible dive. Not even close to touched.
Penalty for Bordeaux against Lyon.

Disgusting. And frankly Lyon is usually favoured by ref decisions, but that one wasn't even close.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Terrible goal to give up by the Rennes keeper. Its Lo Celso first as a PSG player so, Ill take it.

That flick to ADM leading up to the goal was class.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thauvin is red hot. Hattrick tonight.
He has become exactly what everyone envisionned when he tore it up at age 19 with Bastia. Took him a while, but man does he dominate right now.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lafont was having a great night until Neymar's shot got deflected by Diop (who also has been great in this match). Lafont foot save on Neymar was unbelievable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pastors looking like a guy shot of confidence. Desperate to make an impression and stake a claim at the WC, totally killed a glorious chance.

He should've thought of this 3 years ago. Instead he was content on getting paid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was content on being injured. 3 years ago, he was starting against Barca at Camp Nou.
Guy was injured all the time and PSG was really supporting him.
I'd say they should have cut the ties with him, but he's a fan favourite.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was content on being injured. 3 years ago, he was starting against Barca at Camp Nou.
Guy was injured all the time and PSG was really supporting him.
I'd say they should have cut the ties with him, but he's a fan favourite.

I meant his lazy style. I'm well aware of his injury issues.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Thauvin is red hot. Hattrick tonight.
He has become exactly what everyone envisionned when he tore it up at age 19 with Bastia. Took him a while, but man does he dominate right now.

Can we say he’s a lock to Russia right now?

I honestly was never a believer of his. But man is he having a fantastic season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
At this pace Lo Celso is evolving into something remarkably different to what he was expected to become. Just a beast in tackling today. Whether he can keep this up and his body not deteriorating remains to be seen.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can we say he’s a lock to Russia right now?

I honestly was never a believer of his. But man is he having a fantastic season.
I loved him with Bastia. Incredible talent. But yeah I never thought he'd develop given his career choices.

I'd say he's got a great chance for Russia. Martial and especially Lacazette look to be out as of now. Hopefully Sissoko too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At this pace Lo Celso is evolving into something remarkably different to what he was expected to become. Just a beast in tackling today. Whether he can keep this up and his body not deteriorating remains to be seen.
I like him at 6, except he lacks agressiveness. I'd start Diarra in Madrid (but it won't happen).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I like him at 6, except he lacks agressiveness. I'd start Diarra in Madrid (but it won't happen).

What do you mean by aggressiveness? As in the tackle? Because I don't think anyone got stuck in more than him. Hell he set up a great chance for the opener but ADM couldn't latch on to Neymar's cross.

Do you think he'll start in Madrid?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think he will. Because Diarra has 1 full game behind him (where he was great) and Motta hasn't even one game since his injury.

He doesn't have the instincts (yet?). When playing a quick midfield (see against Lyon), he lacks agressiveness. He doesn't get stuck in because it's going too fast for him. He doesn't anticipate quickly enough.
That's really not a knock on him, he never played 6 before. Not a two week adjustement to make.
Emery did have a great idea to move him there though, one of the few bright ideas he's had. He can play 6 against most L1 teams without problem. Against the top teams I don't think he's good enough yet at 6.
But we'll see in Madrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad