Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marquinhos and Silva are very good on set pieces though. Marquinhos is an incredible leaper for instance.
But yeah they don't have a towering striker.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol @ anyone trying to argue against Evilo on the Ligue 1 thread
True. People on this board are acting like they know what they're talking about when talking about L1 when they really don't watch anything other than 1 game a month.
You can just see it by the comments in this thread. At best a few watch highlights.
Yet noobs come here and tell me how L1 teams defend or play. Fun, fun, fun.

So indeed, LOL at anyone trying to argue about something they don't know about.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I mean, if we look at the tables you have:

EPL: City leading by 12 points, 1 loss
La Liga: Barca ahead by 9 points, 0 losses
Bundi: Bayern 13 points clear, 2 losses
Serie A: Napoli on top by a single point (them and Juve 9 and 8 points ahead of rest respectively), 1 loss
Ligue 1: PSG up 11 points, 1 loss
(just for fun, Czech league: Plzeň 14 points up with 0 losses)

Those numbers in no way indicate that PSG is somehow more clear of the rest of the L1 than other top teams in their respective leagues. That argument applies more to the Bundesliga than to L1, but again, you'd only have to watch some games to see the quality there is no joke by any metric.

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How some EPL fans can still come and say L1 sucks when their best player of the last two years comes from a bottom table L1 team?
Seriously...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because where an individual player comes from speaks to the quality of the league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:
I'm not sure if you fail to understand the point or if you don't want to see it.

When someone dominates a league, you'd expect him to dominate a lesser league, right?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How some EPL fans can still come and say L1 sucks when their best player of the last two years comes from a bottom table L1 team?
Seriously...
What about some of Ligue 1's best players in Zlatan and Lacazette flopping in England?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not necessarily. There are plenty of reasons why a player could succeed in one environment and not another. For example in Kante's case he doesn't so much dominate a league as much as he facilitates the play of those around him. Someone like Hazard or de Bruyne will help a team be effective no matter what because they're productive offensively, but Kante's involvement is most important against the ball but it doesn't matter how effective he is in that respect if the rest of the team can't take advantage of what he provides.

Not to mention progression, systems, league style, etc. all play a factor in how a player can evolve or perform.

I mean, obviously it's a lesser league since Ibrahimovic scored at will there and struggled in the PL (or in other leagues relative to his rate in Paris), right? Or Lacazette looking completely out of depth.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What about some of Ligue 1's best players in Zlatan and Lacazette flopping in England?

Define flop. Scoring 28 goals and then getting injured?
Lacazette hasn't been tearing it up but then, who really has on Arsenal?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ibra flopped?
Really :laugh:
I'm guessing Liga, Serie A etc are all bad too then.

As for Lacazette, to say he has flopped is laughable. He is in a mess of a team and is still their best goalscorer.

Try again please. And with better arguments this time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not necessarily. There are plenty of reasons why a player could succeed in one environment and not another. For example in Kante's case he doesn't so much dominate a league as much as he facilitates the play of those around him. Someone like Hazard or de Bruyne will help a team be effective no matter what because they're productive offensively, but Kante's involvement is most important against the ball but it doesn't matter how effective he is in that respect if the rest of the team can't take advantage of what he provides.

Not to mention progression, systems, league style, etc. all play a factor in how a player can evolve or perform.

I mean, obviously it's a lesser league since Ibrahimovic scored at will there and struggled in the PL (or in other leagues relative to his rate in Paris), right? Or Lacazette looking completely out of depth.
The only one looking out of his depth is you.
Best scorer on his team. LOL.

And Ibra struggling :facepalm:

Same thing as above. Awful, awful arguments. Then again, look who's talking :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BTW, Kante was a success with Caen. It's just that with defensive systems, it's sometimes hard to evaluate if the player is awfully good or if the system helps him.
I told everyone Kante was great before he signed with Leicester because Caen doesn't play as defensive as other teams.

So yes, Kante went from being an excellent player on a bottom L1 team to dominate the EPL two straight years. There's really no argument against it.
Doesn't mean L1 is great and EPL sucks, but it's certainly another proof that anyone who thinks L1 is weak should get his head examine.

Heck a year and a half ago, during our draft, I said I was drafting a maximum of Monaco players and D2M said "because Monaco is such a model for building a team", laughing at me.
Someone else who shall not be named laughed at my players pimping Giroud over Icardi and all. I picked Mbappe with me last pick IIRC.
A year later, some of those guys are sold for 100M.

And 6 months later, noobs tell me L1 is weak. LOL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Some people are just not well adjusted, and incapable of understanding what they read. That's alright.

At the end of the day yes, L1 is the worst of the top 5 leagues, but France is great for developing talent.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know, whether you are right or wrong (often enough) in any 'debate' you act like a petulant, entitled child throughout and anyone can see that. I don't know why anyone discusses anything with you to be honest (myself included). I think this is where it stops.

Reactions: Hadoop

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thank you for proving yet other incredible insights.
Your knowledge of L1 know no bounds, as your incredible all time posts in the last draft show. You continue to act like you know what you're talking about when evaluating L1 players and you don't.

This has been proven a few hundred times already.

So please refrain from commenting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad