Confirmed with Link: Leddy + Witkowski for Sundqvist + Walman + 2nd 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Guilty, guilty, guilty. Thank you for calling me out. Well deserved.

Another good move by Armstrong. Another bad call by me.
To be fair, the skepticism some held was warranted as it was viewed as a bandaid rather than an upgrade to a deficient weakness that would eventually be exposed again. So far it's proven to be a stabilizing move that has exceeded most fan expectations and lived likely lived up to Army's.

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
I think it's best to view this in the context of what happened during the trade deadline and the reported players available.

I think I proposed a leddy deal way earlier in the year, but I was still somewhat disappointed in this deal. Chuchryn (idk spelling) was reported to be available in some way, they lost out on lindholm, and we all were kinda hoping a trade for one of the Philly dmen might occur. Also, I think during that time the blooze were in somewhat of a lul (I think that was around the time they were losing to some bad teams maybe that was earlier). This may have led to some overreactions / overall sourness from folks here.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Just gonna bump this so those above can eat a little crow and humble pie for dessert.
Because we won one playoff game where our goalie had to stand on his head and Leddy had terrible advanced stats? Worst Fenwick Rel on the team, 2nd worst Corsi%Rel. Worst XgF%Rel of any D-man. Give me a break. It's way too early for I told you so, but with those stats maybe you should be the one eating crow.

• Haha
Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Because we won one playoff game where our goalie had to stand on his head and Leddy had terrible advanced stats? Worst Fenwick Rel on the team, 2nd worst Corsi%Rel. Worst XgF%Rel of any D-man. Give me a break. It's way too early for I told you so, but with those stats maybe you should be the one eating crow.

I mean did you watch the game? Try watching the game. Leddy was fine and dare I saw, even Mikkola wasn't that bad. the whole team was being hemmed in and it's not cus of ONE f***ing person.

Reactions: BlueMed

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Leddy also had extreme defensive usage and was primarily used with Leddy against Kaprizov. He had a good game.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I think it's best to view this in the context of what happened during the trade deadline and the reported players available.

I think I proposed a leddy deal way earlier in the year, but I was still somewhat disappointed in this deal. Chuchryn (idk spelling) was reported to be available in some way, they lost out on lindholm, and we all were kinda hoping a trade for one of the Philly dmen might occur. Also, I think during that time the blooze were in somewhat of a lul (I think that was around the time they were losing to some bad teams maybe that was earlier). This may have led to some overreactions / overall sourness from folks here.

Pretty much this. Leddy wasn't an exciting choice, but in retrospect it makes a lot of sense. For whatever reason people wrote off Leddy, but he's a former first round pick who's played 20+ minutes per game for the past 9 seasons. He's a legit NHL player, and he's proven to be quite a valuable pickup. Regardless of who Army got, it made sense to add depth to our weakest position and that's exactly what he did.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

Dude, you gotta read the room a little here. My bump wasn't born from vengeance; it was a fun gesture meant to highlight some of the hyperbolic responses immediately following the trade after an exciting win. More importantly, look at the bigger picture here. This isn't about ONE game. He's been a steady presence on the backend since the trade, and you're the only person dumping on him. Also, the numbers are meant to support what you're already seeing rather than to give you conclusions. Not to mention that stats are often invalid based on their formulas, have significant variability, and require contextual interpretation. Also, try to lighten up. It's a special time of the year. No need to be toxic.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Yes, he did have heavy usage. But he was only fine because Husso bailed everyone out. Even if he had a SINGLE good game. It was one game. It hardly justifies giving up a 2nd and Sundqvist, or causing people to eat crow.

I just don't agree. We got much needed cap space and Leddy has been nothing short of "stabalizing" for our defense.

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Oh come on, he played like his NY days the day he arrived here.
Playing like his NY days isn't something to brag about. He was so great defensively for us that Scandella is still the better answer when healthy for our defensive pair. That is what we needed to fix, not give ourselves another offensive Dman. He was great when Krug was hurt, as they have redundant skill sets. He is fine as long as Husso is standing on his head. We are in real trouble if Husso slips.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Playing like his NY days isn't something to brag about. He was so great defensively for us that Scandella is still the better answer when healthy for our defensive pair. That is what we needed to fix, not give ourselves another offensive Dman. He was great when Krug was hurt, as they have redundant skill sets. He is fine as long as Husso is standing on his head. We are in real trouble if Husso slips.
And since Scandella returned from injury, he was very good and should be on the shutdown pair. This idea that Leddy has been bad is just wrong.

Reactions: Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
And since Scandella returned from injury, he was very good and should be on the shutdown pair. This idea that Leddy has been bad is just wrong.

Leddy has been bad defensively. But let's say what you said above is right. The fact that Scandella stepped up to be better means we won't need Leddy when Scandella returns. We needed someone to play with Parayko. We lost something we do need, a defensive forward, for something we don't need. Even if I am wrong that Leddy has been bad, I am not wrong that the trade was unnecessary.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Leddy has been bad defensively. But let's say what you said above is right. The fact that Scandella stepped up to be better means we won't need Leddy when Scandella returns. We needed someone to play with Parayko. We lost something we do need, a defensive forward, for something we don't need. Even if I am wrong that Leddy has been bad, I am not wrong that the trade was unnecessary.
We needed more defensive depth for playoffs, it was a good trade.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Leddy is still better than Mikkola, Rosen, and Walman. It's still a very rich trade. But Armstrong has a reasoning to his madness. Plus Sunny hasn't been anywhere near himself from years past this season.

I still stand by saying we should have added a 5th/4th to grab Namestikov in this trade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad