League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I did 300 stacks at 15 on nasus, was dominating top lane and I still lost my last promo game :cry: Shouldve just kept playing in flex where Im already silver 3 or something;

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ayyy. Finally back in promos to Gold.

Hopefully I can fight my champion ADD and just play my top champs. I'm 25-8 on Thresh/Zyra/J4 recently, but I have a tendency to get bored and play random **** haha.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Ive been in my promos for plat 1 23 times in the past 2 weeks. Have won them a single time. I don't think I've ever been more tilted

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That was quite the series. I wonder if other teams will ban Ssumday's Maokai haha.

C9 is my team, but I don't mind them losing to Dig. I think Dig is clearly the better team right now. I really liked Gravity and Ssumday is a beast, so I'm cheering for them now.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Omargod is legit awful

But I agree that Olleh is awesome. Such a great playmaker

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
First blood, destroy your lane, get mid a couple of a kills, but it doesn't matter because your top went 0/6, sold all his items and quit.

:damnpc:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So I'm picking the game up again after almost 3 years off. I decided to jump into ranked right away because #yolo. Won 5 lost 5 and they put me in Bronze III. I finished in Gold V when I used to play. It's been a bit of a rough go so far because I'm obviously pretty rusty and even though I've won lane every game I've lost about 6 games in a row (I've made some mistakes for sure, but I feel like I haven't had a cohesive team since placements).

One thing I've noticed, and maybe it's because I have kids now, but I don't feel any rage anymore and leaving allchat off probably helps.

Anyway, I'm probably going to climb my way back to gold through the jungle. I've been reading that Yi is a good way to do it (gank/split push powers). Any tips/suggestions since I haven't played in a long time? Quite a few champs to learn and such.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kayn is a new champ that's pretty fun in the jungle. Pretty strong right now too.

J4 is also fun/strong right now. More so in a tank/engage role though.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This Star Guardian announcer is the most tilting **** ever.

I already have an 0/6 top, 2/9 mid and a jungler who quit, but now I have some valley girl telling me my team is "super cool" on top of it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Cho, Mao, J4, Sej, etc.

Cinderhulk is just crazy right now. I'm playing Cho every game now and I dominate most of em. Hes stronger than anyone in late game.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I have some free time today and thinking about playing a game or two - how similar is it to a few years ago (2)? Could I step right in and do OK? How much has changed?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I have some free time today and thinking about playing a game or two - how similar is it to a few years ago (2)? Could I step right in and do OK? How much has changed?

Depends on your ELO, I'd say. You're likely fine in lower ELO, but you would probably get exploited by higher ELO players.

There's definitely been some huge changes, but the game is still relatively the same.

Lots of new champions as well as lots of old champions and items have been reworked. Different dragon system. New mini Baron that spawns pre-Baron, etc.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
When did Stixxay go from the best adc in na to the worst? Jesus christ.

Edit: Yup, not surprising at all. Clg had no chance of doing anything this season when they kicked Dardoch. Such a stupid choice.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In promos for s1. Gold is totally doable I think. Anivia and ChoGath thank you.

58% win rate in 200 games of these two and something like 75% in 20 of mao. OP.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
When did Stixxay go from the best adc in na to the worst? Jesus christ.

Edit: Yup, not surprising at all. Clg had no chance of doing anything this season when they kicked Dardoch. Such a stupid choice.

Trade a MVP runner-up for a player you'll cut in favour of a player that isn't even remotely LCS caliber.

Well played, CLG.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I ended up moving back to midlane since that's what I was most comfortable with in the past. On a pretty good run now and I've picked up AP Ezreal mid...his burst is better than I remember, and I've always really enjoyed playing mobile champions (I just find them more forgiving).

Since I'm still not up to date on all the champions which other mids would you say play similar to Ezreal? I know Ahri somewhat similar, though her mobility is tied to her ult which is less than ideal (she also happens to be my other best mid). I used to play really well with Zyra mid but from what I've seen she's a support now.

Still, spamming Debonair Ezreal is pretty fun.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Leblanc was updated and seems like kind of what you're looking for.

Lucian mid is pretty meta right now if you want to stick to marksmen.

Malzahar is really strong right now, but doesn't have much mobility.

Aurelion Sol is a really unique champion if you want to try something completely different and play more of a roaming mid.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Could also try Ekko. Hes really strong right now with a huge skill ceiling and tons of mobilty/burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad