League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Twitch suddenly got unlocked at my work, which means I can actually watch the games while im there in the morning...maybe Ill finally catch a game now

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Immortals completely collapsed. Cody Sun was horrendous, and Pobelter/Xmithie were pretty bad as well. Seemed like only Flame played well.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
That Cody Sun play was one of the worst pro plays I have ever seen. Also wouldn't be surprised if Flame retired based on what he posted on fb...really hope not, he's awesome :(

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This game is so painful for me right now.

Had a 70+% win rate on Braum/Ali from Gold 5 up to Gold 2 promos, but I've had the most violent streak of unwinnable games in my life and I've bottomed out in Gold 5 again and I'm considering just sitting on it until the end of the season for the skin.

Every game it seems like they expect me to hard carry at least three people who seem like they should be a full division lower than they are and that's obviously not going to happen playing a tank support.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This game is so painful for me right now.

Had a 70+% win rate on Braum/Ali from Gold 5 up to Gold 2 promos, but I've had the most violent streak of unwinnable games in my life and I've bottomed out in Gold 5 again and I'm considering just sitting on it until the end of the season for the skin.

Every game it seems like they expect me to hard carry at least three people who seem like they should be a full division lower than they are and that's obviously not going to happen playing a tank support.
Isn't the end of season reward based on the highest tier you've reached during the season? So even if you dropped to Silver you'd still get the reward for Gold. Unless they changed it, that's how I thought it used to be.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Awful showing by what should have been the strongest chance tsm has ever had to go far. Kick parth kick sven kick doublelift, maybe even kick bjerg...something needs to change.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Worst part about tsm at worlds is that now all of my solo queue junglers are trying to play like Sven...never gank, dying randomly and just in general being useless.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Sorry for more ranting, but I'm so close to being done with soloQ on my main account. My MMR has to be irreparably f***ed or something.

First game. Bronze 1 ADC with 10 games played this season on my team. Plat 4 ADC on their team. 15 minute loss.

Next game. Bronze 2 ADC on my team. Plat 5 ADC on their team. 15 minute loss.

What even is this shit?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Honestly not sure where TSM goes from here. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doublelift retire for good this time. I wonder what happens with Bjergsen as well as his contract expires this year IIRC. Something needs to change in that team though, they got the absolute dream group and couldn't pull it off.

Happy to see C9 advance as they've always been my team. Pretty crazy how C9 is always NA's last hopes when it comes to Worlds.

I will say that it's incredibly entertaining to watch TSM fans criticize Bjergsen for being too passive and not taking any risks to carry his team. These were the same criticisms that they used to bash Jensen mercilessly throughout the split. Every time there was a reddit thread about C9 or Jensen, the TSM fans would jump in and bring up how Jensen is a choker and how he didn't use Zhonya's. I'd rather choke in regionals than in the biggest international tournament of the year.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sorry for more ranting, but I'm so close to being done with soloQ on my main account. My MMR has to be irreparably ****ed or something.

First game. Bronze 1 ADC with 10 games played this season on my team. Plat 4 ADC on their team. 15 minute loss.

Next game. Bronze 2 ADC on my team. Plat 5 ADC on their team. 15 minute loss.

What even is this ****?

End of season boosting is starting.

I will say that it's incredibly entertaining to watch TSM fans criticize Bjergsen for being too passive and not taking any risks to carry his team. These were the same criticisms that they used to bash Jensen mercilessly throughout the split. Every time there was a reddit thread about C9 or Jensen, the TSM fans would jump in and bring up how Jensen is a choker and how he didn't use Zhonya's. I'd rather choke in regionals than in the biggest international tournament of the year.

Well it is accurate despite a lot of people praising his performance for some odd reason. Small CS leads while your top or bot lane are getting 4-5 man dived isn't going to cut it. He seems to take risks and make plays in his region but as soon as Worlds comes around it's super passive.

People want to blame Svenskeren but it's worth remembering Amazing and Santorin looked just as dumb. The only common thread is Bjergsen was in the mid lane.

Worlds doesn't seem to be for Bjergsen. He needs to figure it out or TSM needs to figure out a replacement or a sub to replace him in key games at Worlds.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Well it is accurate despite a lot of people praising his performance for some odd reason. Small CS leads while your top or bot lane are getting 4-5 man dived isn't going to cut it. He seems to take risks and make plays in his region but as soon as Worlds comes around it's super passive.

People want to blame Svenskeren but it's worth remembering Amazing and Santorin looked just as dumb. The only common thread is Bjergsen was in the mid lane.

Worlds doesn't seem to be for Bjergsen. He needs to figure it out or TSM needs to figure out a replacement or a sub to replace him in key games at Worlds.

Yup. I don't even like TSM, but I'm worried they're just going to replace Sven and pretend everything will be better next season.

You can't just pick three losing scaling lanes and expect Sven to carry the early game while Bjerg doesn't leave his turret.

Not to mention all the time Sven is forced to waste just sitting near lanes because the laners need a babysitter while they greed for an extra wave or two.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Oh for sure, I just found the irony quite entertaining.

It's odd how every aggressive jungler that joins TSM seems to just turn eventually into a wardbot. It might be better for them to pick up a more passive jungler who can excel in the environment that TSM creates for its junglers. Maybe Meteos could fit the bill, not sure.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So TSM, C9, CLG, Liquid, Echo Fox, Optic, Flyquest, Cavaliers and GS Warriors are confirmed to have 9 of the 10 LCS spots next season.

Lots of big investors now. Madison Square Garden with CLG, the Yankees with TSM, the Texas Rangers with Optic and obviously the Cavs/Warriors too.

Should be interesting.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
But it's all still being played at their studios, right?

Yup.

Basically the only big difference is there's no more relegation. Teams are in the league permanently(unless they decide to sell), so they should be able to grow and start making more money.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rosters next year.

These guys are dropping $13M on the franchise spot. I wonder if we'll see some crazy money tossed at top-end Koreans.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Imagine somebody throws something crazy like 10m at faker, that might make him think about "retiring" early

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
GsdCv3u.jpg

Losing this game felt real bad. Came so close to winning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad