PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
82532f7c115cfc0ca1bca385523869ac.jpg

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Guys we got the 2 points while the flu bug slithers through the team.

Also stop with the Matthews garbage guy is a rock star. If you expect him to score every game that is an 80 goal expectation. Really?

Dont play til thursday recharge re-calibrate practice with the new guys.

Nice win!!!!!!

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
pointless game that teaches us nothing about how we'll fair vs boston

regular season is way WAY too long. start the playoffs already.

62 games is more than enough

just tiring players out at this point. pointless, pointless game.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews went from unstoppable to a sieve really fast. Bertuzzi on that line just made them unplayable. Nylander had some good moments though and without him that line was a lot worse.

There are some games where Matthews literally does none of the things that makes him successful, and this week he was basically that for 4 games in a row of unmotivated, terrible play. Lots of bad stuff in his game and it's rough to see it. The guy had 70 plus goals in his sights, entering the Hart conversation in an emphatic way, chance to make a statement vs Boston. And that all just went away in a week's time, sliding out of the top 10 in scoring... just putrid.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'll take the regulation win, but that was tougher than it should have been.

Hopefully they come back from their break reinvigorated.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I don't think Ilya Samsonov will ever be thought of as a stud goalie, but it really is remarkable how far he's come back this year. I think at the end they said he's 12-2 since he returned.

Matthews, what the heck is wrong with you?

Tavares's 400th point as a Leaf, congrats.

McMann, Holmberg, Jarnkrok (other than the penalty) Kamph and Reaves at least offer honest efforts and can produce a cycle.

Not much else to say about a boring game.

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
Matthews continues to embarrass himself. I suppose it's technically better than a loss but not many positives to take away from that.
Yes 54 goals to lead the league is really embarrassing. Your a joke you rag on him every game he doesn't score a goal yet when he gets a hat trick your nowhere to be seen
Are uou even a leaf fan? If you are which I have serious doubts how about enjoying the best goal scorer in the history of the franchise

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm a big lily fan but he's been absolutely terrible lately

it was the same thing last year, when we are at this moment of the year with game raising in intensity with less space on the ice... He dont get the job done and thats why he lost himself his spot in the lineup last year and he will lost it again if he still plaing that way

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Leafs record vs bottom feeders is abysmal. Walk away from this game and be happy for the 2 points.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
It’s funny that Edmudson laid bone crushing hits and cross checked everything that moved with Leafs logo and now plays like Holl for the Leafs. Who needs the f.cker who can’t even properly cross check suzuk in front of the crease?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I listened to the game on radio till the last few mins. Hows Boosh, Dewar and Edmundson?

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
What. A. Game!
As I've said all year long, elite teams find a way to win. Another relatively late goal by one of the Core 4.
Then we beat adversity with huge PK to seal the deal and get the W.
Too bad Auston didn't get the Empty Netter to add to his legendary season, but this team is about rising to the occasion.

Great victory. Didn't use Marner's absence as an excuse. Coaching staff came prepared and get the job done.
Is whatever you're on snorted, injected, ingested, or drank?

Reactions: Racer88 and egd27

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s funny that Edmudson laid bone crushing hits and cross checked everything that moves with Leafs logo and plays like Holl for the Leafs. Who needs the f.cker who can’t even properly cross check suzuk in front of the crease?

I heard he was sick and wouldn't be in the lineup tonight on one of the podcasts, so it was a surprise to see him start.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
What. A. Game!
As I've said all year long, elite teams find a way to win. Another relatively late goal by one of the Core 4.
Then we beat adversity with huge PK to seal the deal and get the W.
Too bad Auston didn't get the Empty Netter to add to his legendary season, but this team is about rising to the occasion.

Great victory. Didn't use Marner's absence as an excuse. Coaching staff came prepared and get the job done.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They don't mean anything anymore. Just fast-forward to April.
Pretty much yeah, we are locked into our position as A3

Leafs are currently pacing for 105 points. If they want to finish with 100 points on the season, that would require them to have a .500 points% the rest of the way, an 82 point pace

For Detroit to match that they would need to play at a 121 point pace

For Tampa to match that they would need to play at a 125 point pace

We're back to playing meaningless hockey once again

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Pretty much yeah, we are locked into our position as A3

Leafs are currently pacing for 105 points. If they want to finish with 100 points on the season, that would require them to have a .500 points% the rest of the way, an 82 point pace

For Detroit to match that they would need to play at a 121 point pace

For Tampa to match that they would need to play at a 125 point pace

We're back to playing meaningless hockey once again
Yeah, neither Tampa nor Detroit are any risk. Third place is locked in.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Boys: wash your hands often, stop hugging each other during the flu season, stay home when you're sick and get some flu shots. This is stuff we learned in elementary school.

Reactions: Leterman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad