Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Penguins | 7:00PM | Saturday Oct. 11, 2014 | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

Considering we tend to have our annual end of season collapses, we need all the points we can get at the start. And to the second part, Drew Doughty in an open interview said how to stop them (easier said then done of course).

Didn't the Kings lose to us after Doughty's comments?

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
After what Pittsburgh did to Anaheim the other night, this is going to be a slaughter.

Better put the old whipping boy Reimer in Carlyle you ass.

:shakehead

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I watched parts of that Pens/Ducks game last night.

This could be a last goal wins game ending 6-5 when the dust clears.

Sid the kid was on fire and Pens defense was very generous to the Ducks forwards nearly gifting Perry a hattrick.

If Pens give Kessel the same high quality chances the did Perry then Phil the thrill should be able to have a multi goal game himself.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Hasn't JR played the Pens really well in the past? I wonder if they start him because of that (he'll get into one of the weekend games for sure). I too, however, would start Bernier, needs the opportunity to rebound right away.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
After what Pittsburgh did to Anaheim the other night, this is going to be a slaughter.

Better put the old whipping boy Reimer in Carlyle you ass.

:shakehead

Meh they said the same thing when we played against the Hawks last year and it turned out OK. We also did well against Pittsburgh last season from memory.

If the Leafs can play like they did last Wednesday, minus a few obvious defensive mistakes, then we should be competitive.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
any idea on the lineup boys?

is carlyle going to try his new toy?

im hoping to see,

jvr-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-panik
kozun-holland-clarkson
winnik-santorelli-komorov

and phaneuf back on the right side please.

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-robidas
percy-polak

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I imagine the line up will be mostly the same:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kozun
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Panik

Your d pairings look good though

Pholus

May 23, 2014
any idea on the lineup boys?

is carlyle going to try his new toy?

im hoping to see,

jvr-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-panik
kozun-holland-clarkson
winnik-santorelli-komorov

and phaneuf back on the right side please.

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-robidas
percy-polak

What has Kozun done to lose his spot on the 2nd line to a guy they picked up off waivers?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 18m18 minutes ago
Richard Panik starts his first day as a Leaf on a line with Daniel Winnik and Peter Holland. Matt Frattin now an extra.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 18m18 minutes ago
Richard Panik starts his first day as a Leaf on a line with Daniel Winnik and Peter Holland. Matt Frattin now an extra.

As expected. I still suspect Panik will be at the lower end of the minutes amongst the forwards unless he plays out of his mind.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
David Alter ‏@dalter
Richard Panik already with a large presence at practice. Dion Phaneuf with a hit. Later, Panik collides into Franson on a drill. Chippy..

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can we PLEASE leave Dion on the left side with Robidas?

Sure, Dion didn't have a fantastic opener, but he still looks more comfortable with the puck, and can move it quicker now.

If you want to split up Phaneuf and Robidas, put Rielly on his right side, who can effectively play the right side.

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Robidas
Percy - Polak

but i'd prefer

Phaneuf - Robidas
Percy - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Franson (knee) taking part in practice, but rotating in (not on set pair) … no slam dunk he plays Saturday

I suspect the Leafs will give him at least one more day to get ready. Percy needs to keep playing... he was really good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 3m3 minutes ago
Franson is an extra in today's drills. Looks like Wednesday's pairings might remain intact for Penguins' visit. #TMLtalk

So, Phaneuf-Robidas / Gardiner-Rielly / Percy-Polak

Franson skating as an extra. Hopefully that keeps happening

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
David Alter ‏@dalter
Richard Panik already with a large presence at practice. Dion Phaneuf with a hit. Later, Panik collides into Franson on a drill. Chippy..

Ah so the plan is Panik keeps Franson from returning so Percy gets more playing time. Good pick up Dave. ;)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm glad Frattin is the one who is extra, he hasn't done a g-d thing so far this year.

Unless there's an injury, I don't think he'll be back in the lineup anytime soon. I think if there's an opening, Ashton might get into a game to show his stuff.

Whoever plays himself out of the lineup with likely hit the waiver wire, or be traded, when Booth is ready to go.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Carlyle told a joke at the whiteboard that had the whole team chuckling. We'll guess it wasn't about Crosby's 17 points in 13 games @ ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad