Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Penguins | 7:00PM | Saturday Oct. 11, 2014 | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

[nhl]638722[/nhl]

Really like what Carlyle has to say about players who are "injured". Calls out the 1st line. Just glad that coaches are finally catching up to the myth of Bozak being a stable center.

Unless Kessel is hot that line is useless because of the pivot. Last game once again that line played significant amount of the game in their own zone.

#NoMoreMediocrity

EDIT: Just noticed Bozo only played 27 seconds short handed. No excuses anymore. No ****ING excuses anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
LOLLLL please show me some evidence. Half way through the second period last game was the first time he had a defensive zone start, and do you know why he was out there? Because of an icing....Its easier to finish in the offensive zone when youre starting in it all the time.

You stated that he starts only once or twice in the d-zone without any proof to back it up. Where is the proof of that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You stated that he starts only once or twice in the d-zone without any proof to back it up. Where is the proof of that.

Again, he didnt have his first defensive zone start last night until mid way through the second, and it was only because of an icing... Pls give me an example where he gets a lot of defensive zone starts. Pay close attention next game, he'll never start in the defensive zone.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...OR&c=0+1+3+5+63+67+57+58+59+60+61+62+64+65+66

Last year, highest among leaf forwards.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Again, he didnt have his first defensive zone start last night until mid way through the second, and it was only because of an icing... Pls give me an example where he gets a lot of defensive zone starts. Pay close attention next game, he'll never start in the defensive zone.

One game does not establish a norm. Provide evidence to support your claim. He played well last game and should of been on the ice a lot more. Kadri defensive numbers are not bad. If you're looking to blame someone start with the first line players.

Last edited:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...OR&c=0+1+3+5+63+67+57+58+59+60+61+62+64+65+66

Last year, highest among leaf forwards.

The page you gave leads to him starting more then 1 or 2 times in the d-zone a game. Never said he didn't start more in the O-zone then D-zone. Rather the comment about only 1 or 2 starts in the d-zone.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The page you gave leads to him starting more then 1 or 2 times in the d-zone a game. Never said he didn't start more in the O-zone then D-zone. Rather the comment about only 1 or 2 starts in the d-zone.

Kadri, by far got the most offensive zone starts out of any other centre of the leafs last season, yet somehow had more finishes in the defensive zone. And yet all these people say he always finishes his shift in the offensive zone LOL. Also, by that site, he would average 4 defensive zone starts a game, so pretty much one a period, and how many of those do you think were icings?

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Kadri, by far got the most offensive zone starts out of any other centre of the leafs last season, yet somehow had more finishes in the defensive zone. And yet all these people say he always finishes his shift in the offensive zone LOL. Also, by that site, he would average 4 defensive zone starts a game, so pretty much one a period, and how many of those do you think were icings?

Bozak finished in the Offensive zone less then Kadri. You're more likely to be taken an offensive zone start with Kadri. We'll agree to disagree. And no point speculating on icings when don't have means to back it up.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Back on topic. I'm sure Bernier will have a better game on Saturday. The third line needs to continue with their pressure game, was great against Montreal. Let's pick up the win and get on the points sheet.
Go Leafs Go :handclap:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Bozak finished in the Offensive zone less then Kadri. You're more likely to be taken an offensive zone start with Kadri. We'll agree to disagree. And no point speculating on icings when don't have means to back it up.
Do you not understand? Obviously Kadri is going to finish in the offensive zone more because he STARTS in the offensive zone way more than Bozak does... Its easier to finish in the offensive zone if you already start there, is it that hard to wrap your head around that concept?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
who do you think starts this game? keep in mind, we play the Rangers on Sunday.

I'm guessing Reimer gets one of these games.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Do you not understand? Obviously Kadri is going to finish in the offensive zone more because he STARTS in the offensive zone way more than Bozak does... Its easier to finish in the offensive zone if you already start there, is it that hard to wrap your head around that concept?

We'll agree to disagree. There is another thread for this conversation, that has been pointed out by another poster.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
who do you think starts this game? keep in mind, we play the Rangers on Sunday.

I'm guessing Reimer gets one of these games.

Bernier on Saturday, Reimer on Sunday is what I would do. Bernier needs to get right back in there after the last game.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
You tell me to bring up stats to prove my point, I do, and yet you still don't believe me lmao.

And I brought up stats to the contrary. And as pointed out by someone else, you and I are derailing the thread. I should have said from the start lets bring it to the Kadri thread. Let's get back to the thread at hand. Can discuss Kadri/Bozak in the other thread.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Time for the leafs to show the penguins what Panik brings out of this team.

They've been warned.

leafstilldeath*

Pens are playing unreal pretty much owning the Ducks at the moment.

Yup including Flower.

Saturday should be fun :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bernier is apparently experiencing pain in his knee.

So we could see Reimer in for both games depending on how things go

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
Bernier better pick it up. The Pens filled the Ducks net with 6 goals tonight. Can't be giving up a softie to that team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The way the schedule is with the back to back this weekend, I could actually see the Leafs falling behind 0-3 in the standings and having it snowball out of control like when we went 0-7 in 2009-10 to start the year. The team seems pretty fragile and not really able to deliver on that higher compete level. When things aren't going well, they just default to their rush habits and fall into their similar patterns. The whole league knows how to play this team by this point.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
The way the schedule is with the back to back this weekend, I could actually see the Leafs falling behind 0-3 in the standings and having it snowball out of control like when we went 0-7 in 2009-10 to start the year. The team seems pretty fragile and not really able to deliver on that higher compete level. When things aren't going well, they just default to their rush habits and fall into their similar patterns. The whole league knows how to play this team by this point.

Considering we tend to have our annual end of season collapses, we need all the points we can get at the start. And to the second part, Drew Doughty in an open interview said how to stop them (easier said then done of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad