Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Penguins | 7:00PM | Saturday Oct. 11, 2014 | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

What's the over/under of the # of PP goals the Pens will score due to BS penalty calls?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Inb4 Malkin pushes Bernier into net and then puts puck in and the ref is like "lol that's fair"

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Never would have happened with Orr and McLaren on the ice I tell ya hwhat.

...he would have scored on the breakaway.

lol well I certainly am not one of those guys who make the enforcer argument for those situations (anyone can beat that little rat up anyway) but I would have just liked to see the ref make the call so we could go and score and win.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
IMO its time for Kadri to be the no. 1 center on this team. Not just for 2 games. If Edmonton can use an 18 year old RNH, what are we waiting for. I want to see this kid take the lead. How else are you going to know what you have and what to pay.

The top 6 is weak defensively.
We need a trade:
JVR-Kadri-RW
LW-Bozak-Kessel

or

LW-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-RW

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
IMO its time for Kadri to be the no. 1 center on this team. Not just for 2 games. If Edmonton can use an 18 year old RNH, what are we waiting for. I want to see this kid take the lead. How else are you going to know what you have and what to pay.

We need a trade:
JVR-Kadri-RW
LW-Bozak-Kessel

or

LW-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-RW

The Nuge is only 18 lolwut? Who else would they use?

Kadri still doesnt even get defensive zone starts.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Nuge is only 18 lolwut? Who else would they use?

Kadri still doesnt even get defensive zone starts.

Wasnt RNH used as the no. 1 center the year he was drafted? Maybe I'm wrong but he is what? 20 years old now? Kadri is 24. It's time.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
It is quite funny they go out and get depth so they can run 4 competent lines who's ice time do they cut? The second line... They really can't have Kessel and co playing 21 mins a night. Especially when they look as sluggish as they did last night.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
It is quite funny they go out and get depth so they can run 4 competent lines who's ice time do they cut? The second line... They really can't have Kessel and co playing 21 mins a night. Especially when they look as sluggish as they did last night.

A little early in the year to be judging fitness. No matter how hard you work in the summer, there is nothing that will get you up to game speed like actually playing at game speed.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

We need a trade:
JVR-Kadri-RW
LW-Bozak-Kessel

or

LW-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-RW

They touched on why they couldn't do that a bit in the pre-game.
I could be wrong on the stat they were using for their argument, but i think that Kadri's Corsi stayed around the same whether he was with Kessel and JVR or not, but Bozak's Corsi plummeted when he was taken from the top line. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say...

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I could be wrong on the stat they were using for their argument, but i think that Kadri's Corsi stayed around the same whether he was with Kessel and JVR or not, but Bozak's Corsi plummeted when he was taken from the top line. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say...
You realize that Kadri's Corsi numbers are probably skewed because he legit, and this is not a lie, only starts in the defensive zone once or twice a game.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
my appologizes for this not having to do with saturdays game but was wondering does leafs have a 4th period or something after the game on a radio station where fans can call in and tell them what they thought of the game?

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I'm one of the biggest bozak supporters, but it's apparent that's he's not on the same level as Kessel and JVR out there anymore.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
I'm one of the biggest bozak supporters, but it's apparent that's he's not on the same level as Kessel and JVR out there anymore.

Had he finished he would have ended the night with 2 goals? He got his chances and to be fair JVR and Kessel were absolutely atrocious last night (offensively). I'd be more worried about Phaneuf.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I like the idea of keeping Bozak with Kessel for balance. If Lupul and Kadri don't find chemistry, then we start moving JVR around. Our team isn't strong enough to put Kadri and Kessel together. So long as Bozak-Kessel get it done (and they do over the season) don't break them up. The only reason to move Kadri and Bozak is so Kadri and fans can be happy he's on the first line. There are a ton of quality 1st line players throughout the league that play on a 2nd unit for balance.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I would expect the same lines as last night, With Panik possibly coming in for Frattin. But if the first line doesn't look sharp early on I would hope for a some line juggling.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

He didn't exactly set the league on fire when Bozak was hurt last season. He had a chance then and did nothing with it.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

Yup, away from Kessel, his numbers go way down as shown last night.

You realize that Kadri's Corsi numbers are probably skewed because he legit, and this is not a lie, only starts in the defensive zone once or twice a game.

When Kadri is on the ice, he usually finishes in the offensive zone, and starts more in the d-zone then you lead on to.

If Bozak could improve on his shooting, he could up his goals dramatically. JVR and Kessel set him up so much in front of the net for golden opportunities. Guy often misses open nets. That's the area of his game that needs improvement.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yup, away from Kessel, his numbers go way down as shown last night.

When Kadri is on the ice, he usually finishes in the offensive zone, and starts more in the d-zone then you lead on to.

If Bozak could improve on his shooting, he could up his goals dramatically. JVR and Kessel set him up so much in front of the net for golden opportunities. Guy often misses open nets. That's the area of his game that needs improvement.

LOLLLL please show me some evidence. Half way through the second period last game was the first time he had a defensive zone start, and do you know why he was out there? Because of an icing....Its easier to finish in the offensive zone when youre starting in it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad