GDT: Leafs vs Oil. 9pm, TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Honestly could care less to watch. It's Edmonton which makes me less interested. I hope they lose. I wanna see major changes from the stupid Shanaplan where we pay all our cap to 3 f***ing players.
we aren't paying anything the MLSE is, I understand your frustration, but this core players for the most part has worked to get them to the playoffs, the playoffs is the problem. At the trade deadline they need to get a rental player to put them over the edge.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Bertuzzi was a 30 30 man just a couple seasons ago. He would not have garnered 5.5 million if he was a 10 goal player those grow on trees.
Look at who gave him 5 million for one 30 goal year and a good playoff game.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Sometimes I reminisce about the Canadian division. I kinda miss it. I don’t miss why it was created, but I miss how intense games were at times. I liked playing teams like Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg 9 times a year. It was fun. Imagine that but now with fans in the buildings.

I guess I am in the minority.

I wasn't a fan. It got boring real quick playing the same teams over and over and over again.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Sometimes I reminisce about the Canadian division. I kinda miss it. I don’t miss why it was created, but I miss how intense games were at times. I liked playing teams like Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg 9 times a year. It was fun. Imagine that but now with fans in the buildings.

I guess I am in the minority.
Too many teams now so most regular season games are MEH IMO. Two games vs one team per year is too few and more than 4 is too many IMO.

Reactions: themilosh

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The division itself was okay, every team was a rival. But I think shortened seasons are just more exciting because it’s more a sprint.

For me that division will always remind me of their all-time choke job against the Habs.
Definitely reminds me of the shitty Blue and grey Reverse retro Leafs jerseys 🤮

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Never liked it when he left too bad he wouldnt take some sort of discount. What you said I agree with 100%
Can't fault a guy for wanting to get paid. To that point (when he left) he had earned less in this career (10.8M total) than Matthews , Marner and Tavares were making in a season. Turns out he is just as productive as those guys.

Since arriving in Edm he is averaging .461 goals per game, right up there with Nylander over that stretch (.466 GPG) and ahead of marner (.43) and tavares (.37)

Matthews to be fair is in a whole other level at .73GPG

He would have been an ideal piece to keep and in hindsight his 5.5M cap hit is a bargain so far. Not being able to keep him was not a function of his salary ask though, it was a function of the money already paid to the big 4.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I don’t know, crappy places. A few years back my viewing schedule and Winnipeg‘s games seemed to be in sync and I came to hate that team and city.
Shrugs ok. Cant defend winnipeg as I have no intent of going there anytime soon but Edmonton really isnt all that bad as you and everyone out east thinks it is. Especially if youve never been out here. Vancouver, well im 41 and ive never been to Vancouver been all over the west coast but there

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Can't fault a guy for wanting to get paid. To that point (when he left) he had earned less in this career (10.8M total) than Matthews , Marner and Tavares were making in a season. Turns out he is just as productive as those guys.

Since arriving in Edm he is averaging .461 goals per game, right up there with Nylander over that stretch (.466 GPG) and ahead of marner (.43) and tavares (.37)

Matthews to be fair is in a whole other level at .73GPG

He would have been an ideal piece to keep and in hindsight his 5.5M cap hit is a bargain so far. Not being able to keep him was not a function of his salary ask though, it was a function of the money already paid to the big 4.
Agreed, you take that bag of cash whenever you can for sure. Yeah i agree i was hoping he'd stay for 5-5.5 too. Miss his drive here. The "core" now doesnt work their ass off nearly as much as he did

Only an idiot would get that impression by reading what's discussed here daily.

Imagine being traded there?
Imagine toughing it out and doing just fine there. Like what Hyman is doing

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed, you take that bag of cash whenever you can for sure. Yeah i agree i was hoping he'd stay for 5-5.5 too. Miss his drive here. The "core" now doesnt work their ass off nearly as much as he did

Imagine toughing it out and doing just fine there. Like what Hyman is doing
Yep Hyman went by choice though.

I'm just messing around though, never been to Edmonton I'm sure it's nice like the rest of Canada.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The division itself was okay, every team was a rival. But I think shortened seasons are just more exciting because it’s more a sprint.

For me that division will always remind me of their all-time choke job against the Habs.
That division was kinda fun, but besides the choke job against the Habs, they also lost all 4 games in Vancouver.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Yeah I can totally see Hyman netting 2-3 goals tonight. Just seems meant to be.

Team is in need of serious changes. Don't think stringing together a few wins will really change my position at this point.
Besides goaltending, what changes are you thinking of and are there any players available to fill these needs

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Shrugs ok. Cant defend winnipeg as I have no intent of going there anytime soon but Edmonton really isnt all that bad as you and everyone out east thinks it is. Especially if youve never been out here. Vancouver, well im 41 and ive never been to Vancouver been all over the west coast but there
Well, I’m South…

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Mcdavid can’t wait to don his hometown blue and white.
Personally, I would prefer that McDavid stays where he is in Edmonton. If he truly wanted to be a Leaf, he wouldn't have signed his last extension for 8 long years in 2017.

I don't want another Tavares situation with McDavid coming home almost past his prime. Tavares gave the Islanders his best years IMHO.

I really don't need to read Leaf fans on here dissing McDavid like they have Tavares. He came home to Toronto too late as well.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't think much good is going to happen on this trip.

They need one of the players to grab the others by the throat and lead them out of this malaise. They just don't have that leader in the room.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The good thing about the west coast trip is the games are late so I can go to bed and not have to watch the shit show live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad