GDT: Leafs vs Oil. 9pm, TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Let’s try this.

Jones starts, easy, and a one game line blender galaxy brain line combo experiment is already over as a guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Kief Richards

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
i hope they get blown out 8-0.
I hope the same, but I suspect in true Leaf fashion, they will win 3 of 4 on this road trip, quell the rising fire at their feet and further delay actual change, before reverting back to their mediocre selves and starting the cycle again. To quote John Coffey in The Green Mile... "I'm tired, boss".

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Leafs are usually good for at least one spanking of the golden child and his ‘team’ a year.

Having lost two games they should have won in a row + hot coilers means I hope it’s this one, and it’s a 9AM start for me so I can sleep in a little.

6-3 Leafs. McDavid with a highlight real goal and an assist, -2.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
I hope the same, but I suspect in true Leaf fashion, they will win 3 of 4 on this road trip, quell the rising fire at their feet and further delay actual change, before reverting back to their mediocre selves and starting the cycle again. To quote John Coffey in The Green Mile... "I'm tired, boss".
NOT gonna happen this time....

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
This is another vital game in the dog days when in reality our team shouldn't be in such a predicament with added pressure. But that's what you get for losing all those games to bottom feeders and tank teams. Blame the goalies all you want but our forwards need to get their shit together and put the foot on the gas now before we are actually having to compete for a playoff spot.

Do your damn job Keefe and figure out some lines that have chemistry and get the most out of their talent.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Tough game but we've been pissing points away so we've backed ourselves into a corner and we need some sort of result from this one

Not an easy assignment

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Time to turn my attention back to the Leafs after binging on football the past 3 days.

Would it be all that surprising if the Leafs went 5-1 over this tough 6 game stretch?

I would be happy with 4-2.

Reactions: arso40

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Time to turn my attention back to the Leafs after binging on football the past 3 days.

Would it be all that surprising if the Leafs went 5-1 over this tough 6 game stretch?

I would be happy with 4-2.
Honestly with how elite the teams out west are playing right now and the Leafs lack of intensity we should be happy coming back east with a 3-3 split. There are no easy outs you go to Seattle and Accord could steal the 2 easiest points from right out under us. Calgary has Markstrom. Vancouver has Demko. Then there's that dude in Winnipeg who is the best goalie in the league. This will be some tough sledding. We need Papi to do Papi things more than ever.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Honestly with how elite the teams out west are playing right now and the Leafs lack of intensity we should be happy coming back east with a 3-3 split. There are no easy outs you go to Seattle and Accord could steal the 2 easiest points from right out under us. Calgary has Markstrom. Vancouver has Demko. Then there's that dude in Winnipeg who is the best goalie in the league. This will be some tough sledding. We need Papi to do Papi things more than ever.
No doubt.

It would be nice to win in Vancouver for once

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This is another vital game in the dog days when in reality our team shouldn't be in such a predicament with added pressure. But that's what you get for losing all those games to bottom feeders and tank teams. Blame the goalies all you want but our forwards need to get their shit together and put the foot on the gas now before we are actually having to compete for a playoff spot.

Do you damn job Keefe and figure out some lines that have chemistry and get the most out of their talent.
Just ask Mitchy what lines the use. He is the defacto GM, just ask Babs.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I can see it going either way. The team bonds and goes on a tear and we can post witty main board threads about the Leafs burning down Villages. Or we shit the bed and the sky starts falling because we don't get to tell those sons of bitches out west that their barn got razed.

This is the effect HF has on me. I sit around and think about this type of stuff these days.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They typically get points on the western road trip so I suspect they’ll do OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad