GDT: Leafs vs Oil. 9pm, TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Losing interest, to be honest.

50 years+ and never thought I’d ever say it, but they are as unlikeable collection of players that can ever remember, Keefe is hopelessly inept, and the entire organization feels like it is stuck in quicksand.

I think they lose tonight.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hyman is going to run a train tonight against his old mates

Seriously though, I am so happy for that guy. A heart and soul type of guy.
I loved watching him play. It’s too bad I never get to see him out there in hockey hinterlands.

50 years+ and never thought I’d ever say it, but they are as unlikeable collection of players that can ever remember, Keefe is hopelessly inept, and the entire organization feels like it is stuck in quicksand.

Tavares effect?

Reactions: fahad203

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario

Just get a shot of JD in you and throw a few bucks on the games and you'll rekindle your passion brother. It is bleak right now seeing this collection of talent and big bucks being seemingly wasted. There's no excuse for the supporting cast players to be so unproductive. Looking at their stats is just plain ugly. Knies , Robertson , Domi and Bertuzzi should all have way better numbers based on their talent and playing with superstars. What the hell are these coaches doing.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Hyman is going to run a train tonight against his old mates

Seriously though, I am so happy for that guy. A heart and soul type of guy.
Never liked it when he left too bad he wouldnt take some sort of discount. What you said I agree with 100%

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly could care less to watch. It's Edmonton which makes me less interested. I hope they lose. I wanna see major changes from the stupid Shanaplan where we pay all our cap to 3 f***ing players.

Reactions: rumman and Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Just get a shot of JD in you and throw a few bucks on the games and you'll rekindle your passion brother. It is bleak right now seeing this collection of talent and big bucks being seemingly wasted. There's no excuse for the supporting cast players to be so unproductive. Looking at their stats is just plain ugly. Knies , Robertson , Domi and Bertuzzi should all have way better numbers based on their talent and playing with superstars. What the hell are these coaches doing.
Domi and Bertuzzi are performing about where expected. Domi was absolute garbage in Carolina and has a similar role with the Leafs.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Based on how the team has been playing, this should be a definitive loss.

Leafiness says they prob win this one and have a good road trip.
I think they will win all of these games and take 3 of 4 points from Winnipeg. These Western teams are overrated based on the number of points they are handed by San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Robertson shouldn’t be in that at group he never gets the benefit of playing with top players on the team he did in past years I don’t see why not give him a shot now put jt with holmberg and jarnkrok he needs good stating defensive players on his wing nylanders ds taken steps put him and matty with Robertson nylanders and matthews can both get Robertson open to use his wicced shot

Domi and Bertuzzi are performing about where expected. Domi was absolute garbage in Carolina and has a similar role with the Leafs.
Leave him in the 2c with marner and Bert

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Uh halfway through the season they should have more than 4-6 goals. They are playing with better players their numbers should be skewed upwards not where they are at. Bert in particular pisses me off because I really like the guy but he hasn't bought in. Maybe Keefe shouldn't have screamed at him on the bench and he'd be playing like he can.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Honestly could care less to watch. It's Edmonton which makes me less interested. I hope they lose. I wanna see major changes from the stupid Shanaplan where we pay all our cap to 3 f***ing players.
Why do people feel the need to take the time to go to a Teams message board, whine about the team all day and then declare that they don't care?

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I often wonder what players think about that trip to Edmonton.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Robertson shouldn’t be in that at group he never gets the benefit of playing with top players on the team he did in past years I don’t see why not give him a shot now put jt with holmberg and jarnkrok he needs good stating defensive players on his wing nylanders ds taken steps put him and matty with Robertson nylanders and matthews can both get Robertson open to use his wicced shot

Leave him in the 2c with marner and Bert
Someone has to play 2c. It may as well be him.

Reactions: arso40

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Uh halfway through the season they should have more than 4-6 goals. They are playing with better players their numbers should be skewed upwards not where they are at. Bert in particular pisses me off because I really like the guy but he hasn't bought in. Maybe Keefe shouldn't have screamed at him on the bench and he'd be playing like he can.
Bertuzzi is a 10-15 goal scorer. The players he’s playing with don’t have history of making players around them better. The biggest surprise with Bertuzzi is that he’s been healthy.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sometimes I reminisce about the Canadian division. I kinda miss it. I don’t miss why it was created, but I miss how intense games were at times. I liked playing teams like Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg 9 times a year. It was fun. Imagine that but now with fans in the buildings.

I guess I am in the minority.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I often wonder what players think about that trip to Edmonton.
I Know i know "its Edmonton cry cry cry😪😪😪😏🙄" usually in any interview ive watched/read they love coming out here and seeing all the western fans hang around the entrance during the warmups. As a fan out here everyone treats them like rock stars everyone dusts off their old Potvin, Gilmour Sundin etc. Jerseys for the games. When I could afford to get Leafs tickets here, would take my Dad all the time he was never a fan of being sandwiched between me and other Leaf fans. 🤣🤣

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Bertuzzi is a 10-15 goal scorer. The players he’s playing with don’t have history of making players around them better. The biggest surprise with Bertuzzi is that he’s been healthy.
Bertuzzi was a 30 30 man just a couple seasons ago. He would not have garnered 5.5 million if he was a 10 goal player those grow on trees.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Sometimes I reminisce about the Canadian division. I kinda miss it. I don’t miss why it was created, but I miss how intense games were at times. I liked playing teams like Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg 9 times a year. It was fun. Imagine that but now with fans in the buildings.

I miss it too. Id love to see one season where they run it back like that but with a packed arenas

Especially in January....
They can be thankful it wont be -40C as the high like it was a few days ago. Maybe -20-22

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Big No! I don't like watching non Leafs games on TV that are played in Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Vancouver.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008

The division itself was okay, every team was a rival. But I think shortened seasons are just more exciting because it’s more a sprint.

For me that division will always remind me of their all-time choke job against the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad