Series Talk: Leafs vs Lightning Pre-Playoff Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t think it’s ridiculous. If they win the next 2 and we’re up 3-1 then leave it as is and let him chill until round 2
You're leaving a guy out who can potentially be the difference the series who can provide very meaningful offense. Keefe isn't going to do this.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Will the away games be called live, from Tampa by Joe Bowen on radio. I cannot take another game of shrill voices, who has a crush on Perry. I need a homer to call the game.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You're leaving a guy out who can potentially be the difference the series who can provide very meaningful offense. Keefe isn't going to do this.
We will cross that bridge when we need to imo but if the games are going good last night I'd be very skeptical if change was coming

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Who Bunting? The risk of him looking at a ref the wrong way and getting 2 minutes for genocide far outweighs his potential for a goal. Bunting needs to sit and get traded in the off season.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm leaving him out.

For whatever reason the refs love to f*** him over. He'd almost assuredly take a penalty or 2 that could easily change the series.
With that said, I'm not opposed to bringing him back on a cheap deal next year.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Bunting shouldn't play again, suspended or not. He's a distraction and a liability. Like it or not he has his reputation and will more than likely take a couple really bad penalties at bad times, like in game 1. Too much of a risk and he doesn't provide shit. Sure he scored 60, but he did it with Matthews/Marner.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah I’m leaving Bunting out. We already have a hard enough time with the refs, we don’t need a target out there. You know the refs will be looking at him every shift. It’s unfair but I’d rather just sit him out so it doesn’t give the refs an excuse to game manage

Reactions: AvroArrow

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Will the away games be called live, from Tampa by Joe Bowen on radio. I cannot take another game of shrill voices, who has a crush on Perry. I need a homer to call the game.
No. There was a press release before the series started where it was announced the radio crew would be calling the away games from a studio in Toronto. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Regarding Bunting. If he had been injured then yes, automatically he comes back in regardless of how the team or Knies is doing (if needed, sit someone else).

To me, all bets are off for a suspension after a dirty hit, and it's an easy explanation from Keefe - even easier if the Leafs are rolling when Bunting is set to return - "I can't risk putting you back in that you'll do it again." If they lose then that's an excuse to get him back in, but if they keep winning he can't sit indefinitely either so ...

I can't say I'd blame Keefe for putting him right back in, even if Toronto is on the verge of winning the series. The argument being that the 3 games was punishment enough and he's clearly an importnat part of the team. Just make sure he understands he's on a short leash and has to keep his emotions in check. If he so much as takes a bad penalty, bench him and he's in the press box the next game.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Tampa takes a penalty or 2 you know the refs will be ready to call anything on Bunting to balance things out

True, even the penalty on Knies was super soft. Just trash reffing so far

Seriously don't call that shit unless it's an actual hook, and even then those happen all the time and don't get called.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I can't say I'd blame Keefe for putting him right back in, even if Toronto is on the verge of winning the series. The argument being that the 3 games was punishment enough and he's clearly an importnat part of the team. Just make sure he understands he's on a short leash and has to keep his emotions in check. If he so much as takes a bad penalty, bench him and he's in the press box the next game.

Keefe in his pregame presser was making excuses for Bunting, Bunting was trying to get body positioning, they were fighting for ice, blah blah blah ... Bunting will come back in in 3 games, although I would prefer he sits.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Keefe in his pregame presser was making excuses for Bunting, Bunting was trying to get body positioning, they were fighting for ice, blah blah blah ... Bunting will come back in in 3 games, although I would prefer he sits.

Who comes out though? If Knies is playing well like he did last night then he has to be play. He’s not a fit for the 4th line. So then you’re down to Kerfoot and Bunting. Controversial opinion maybe but I think Kerfoot is more valuable, and definitely less baggage

Reactions: AvroArrow

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Bunting vs the refs:

BWHAHAHHAHA... the best, K & P

Who comes out though? If Knies is playing well like he did last night then he has to be play. He’s not a fit for the 4th line. So then you’re down to Kerfoot and Bunting. Controversial opinion maybe but I think Kerfoot is more valuable, and definitely less baggage

When has Keefe ever made the right decision? The kid will sit.

• Love
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Bunting has a reputation with the refs and the TB players know this very well. As such, he is a target. They will try to get under his skin so that Bunting will retaliate. And just like that, bam into the box. Game one for instance.

I say leave him out of the lineup, he will draw a bunch of calls against us.

Reactions: stats1

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This was posted on the Tampa board, my goodness Sid just gets stupider every time he opens his mouth. How the f*** is this clown still on TV ?

"I also am not gonna give a ton of credit to players like John Tavares or Morgan Rielly, doing their jobs. That's their job."

Rielly just tied the Leafs D-men all time record for most points in a playoff game, Tavares scored a hat trick but sure Sid, sure.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This was posted on the Tampa board, my goodness Sid just gets stupider every time he opens his mouth. How the f*** is this clown still on TV ?

"I also am not gonna give a ton of credit to players like John Tavares or Morgan Rielly, doing their jobs. That's their job."

Rielly just tied the Leafs D-men all time record for most points in a playoff game, Tavares scored a hat trick but sure Sid, sure.

This moron earlier today after the Nurse firing said that Nick had never won a playoff series without Kawhi, which is just patently untrue. Sid is a worse Stephen A Smith.

1154C827-BB23-4BD9-ABE2-EB2559854BE0.jpeg

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This moron earlier today after the Nurse firing said that Nick had never won a playoff series without Kawhi, which is just patently untrue. Sid is a worse Stephen A Smith.

View attachment 693364

And he wonders why people in this city hate him as much as they do. Not even kidding, he's worse than Simmons. Hands down the biggest idiot in Toronto Media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad