Series Talk: Leafs vs Lightning Pre-Playoff Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Goal 1 was da simplest of hockey plays .. sure there were giveways but bottom line Perry took our net without a hit .. that can't EVER EVER EVER be allowed to happen by any D in playoff hockey .. Holl was there and tried to stick check .. all he has to do is stand in Perrys way even if he gets run over it is a dead play .. but he played da chicken sh*t stick check .. he comes out for that play alone .. scared and useless

No one of first 3 goal CANT EVER goes in...

Samsonov wasn't calm and in control, they looked like someone who forgot goalie basic.. he allowed a rebound on pratically every shot he faced in 1st period

Tampa had 6 high scoring chance and only 4 1st 40 min at even strenght all game long, probably all of those 4 high scoring chance came from samsonov rebound...

Kucherov goal right in the middle of the net, that CANT goes in

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Samsonov wasn't calm and in control, they looked like someone who forgot goalie basic.. he allowed a rebound on pratically every shot he faced in 1st period

Tampa had 6 high scoring chance and only 4 1st 40 min at even strenght all game long, probably all of those 4 high scoring chance came from samsonov rebound...

This is a known problem for Sammy .. nothing new here .. mental health issues are not a joke they are serious issues .. he can't deal with anxiety/pressure .. i don't blame him it is a serious health issue .. people should not sh*t on him he can't help himself .. to me i was shocked we signed him as for me i would have stayed far away from that type of issue in a tender .. my daughter has it real bad sometimes too and it takes over everything .. it can actually bring you to your knees it is so bad

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
This is a known problem for Sammy .. nothing new here .. mental health issues are not a joke they are serious issues .. he can't deal with anxiety/pressure .. i don't blame him it is a serious health issue .. people should not sh*t on him he can't help himself .. to me i was shocked we signed him as for me i would have stayed far away from that type of issue in a tender .. my daughter has it real bad sometimes too and it takes over everything .. it can actually bring you to your knees it is so bad

But he was looking like a guy who just trying to do too much unst3ad of being fully concentrate to stop the next puck.

If we forget the score and just watching the game... tampa was not better than the tampa team leafs beat without matthews and marner and with Woll in net a weak ago...

The only thing i didn't understand its why keefe didn't go with Woll on second period.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
But he was looking like a guy who just trying to do too much unst3ad of being fully concentrate to stop the next puck.

If we forget the score and just watching the game... tampa was not better than the tampa team leafs beat without matthews and marner and with Woll in net a weak ago...

The only thing i didn't understand its why keefe didn't go with Woll on second period.
Da brain is a complex thing my friend .. i certainly don't understand it .. but anxiety/pressure is no joke .. i was surprised he didn't pull himself

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I'd probably go:

Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Knies-ROR-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Lafferty
ZAR-Kampf-Acciari

Bunting never sees the ice in a Leaf jersey again.

Gio-Holl is on the hotseat after last game.

But I'm an idiot with an internet connection so....

Reactions: weems and authentic

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
We lost our chances at a Cup (and enjoyment of the team) the 2nd year we lost to Boston. Last year with some kids on ELCs, still had some vets. The window feels closed.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Da brain is a complex thing my friend .. i certainly don't understand it .. but anxiety/pressure is no joke .. i was surprised he didn't pull himself

Thats why Dubas took the risk with Murray...

Get a guy whos already proven hes strong enough mentally for this pressure...

Now we can see if Woll is enough strong mentally and i think i was a great opportunity missed to see if he can last night at 3-0

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Mike McKenna on Kyper and Bourne saying he things Samsanov is hurt. Thoughts?
Theyre all banged up, but that was just a poor performance that we havent seen for a little. Maybe pressure, maybe rust, but i dont think he over injured himself this past week

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
We had a good run sweep gang. Our season ended before it began. But tonight showed we can still catch the 4 wins in a row for the 4-1 win. Still sweep-like.
+1 if Leafs win 4 in a row we let sweep gang count it

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Best of Five. Biggest factor going forward is the health of each team. Leafs so far have managed to avoid anything major, but if Tampa's #1 and #3 D cannot go, they are in serious trouble.

They will be better at home, but those are massive holes to fill. It might fall to Vasi... who we all know can stand to the challenge!

Reactions: ToneDog

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Best of Five. Biggest factor going forward is the health of each team. Leafs so far have managed to avoid anything major, but if Tampa's #1 and #3 D cannot go, they are in serious trouble.

They will be better at home, but those are massive holes to fill. It might fall to Vasi... who we all know can stand to the challenge!
I say it's up to us - if both teams play to their potential (even with both teams 100% healthy), we win. Of course we've had trouble playing up to our potential in the playoffs these last few years so there is that. But who knows, maybe this will be the year. :)

Reactions: wingman75

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Last couple of days I've been taking quick peeks at moneypuck. Yesterday, they had the Leafs at between 43-44% to win the series, today they're at 62.7%.

Gotta love that, now go and win it boys!

GLG!!

Edit - I just noticed that Moneyupuck has the Bruins at only 49.9% to get past Florida. We're at 62.7% to make it past round 1 and Boston is only 49.9%, let that sink in. Holy shit! I don't understand this at all but I love it!

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Tampa will need Hedman back eventually or Leaf’s will win this series. Tampa doesn’t have the depth back there to handle the Leafs

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I want to give some props to the Leaf fans at the Scotiabank. I'm tired of our arenas being associated with suit-and-tie-guys. Barbarians, like the yellow hoodie man, are needed.

Look, everybody hates our fanbase - even though we're pretty nice to other fanbases at the arenas. This hatred will never go away. May as well live up to the stereotype and become more goonish at the arenas and make it work in our favour, like we did yesterday.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I want to give some props to the Leaf fans at the Scotiabank. I'm tired of our arenas being associated with suit-and-tie-guys. Barbarians, like the yellow hoodie man, are needed.

Look, everybody hates our fanbase - even though we're pretty nice to other fanbases at the arenas. This hatred will never go away. May as well live up to the stereotype and become more goonish at the arenas and make it work in our favour, like we did yesterday.
Same people there last night are there all season.
People will always get more fired up for the playoffs than the regular season. It's the same in every building and happens every year.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad