Series Talk: Leafs vs Lightning Pre-Playoff Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I find a lot of Canadian media have a hard time giving the Leafs credit because they dont want to appear as "bias" in the eyes of the rest of the market. Leafs bad = clicks
Totally get that. But Marek doesn’t come off that way. He seems like one of the most professional and knowledgeable guys about hockey.

Like I said…maybe my bias makes me paranoid but he didn’t seem to like the praise for the leafs that Lalonde was giving

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Totally get that. But Marek doesn’t come off that way. He seems like one of the most professional and knowledgeable guys about hockey.

Like I said…maybe my bias makes me paranoid but he didn’t seem to like the praise for the leafs that Lalonde was giving
If you havent followed the leafs closely this year then maybe hes just grabbing onto old narratives. Its true that they really improved defensively this season compared to last. 5th best GA in the league this year.

A coach will notice the little things that the Leafs are doing differently than last year a lot quicker than someone like Marek. And yeah, I dont think the leafs get much credit for their loss last year. People often lump it into all the others but that one was different. Also we did it with Jack Campbell in net.

Reactions: authentic

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Bunting has a reputation with the refs and the TB players know this very well. As such, he is a target. They will try to get under his skin so that Bunting will retaliate. And just like that, bam into the box. Game one for instance.

I say leave him out of the lineup, he will draw a bunch of calls against us.
Exactly this. Him coming back just allows Tampa an easy way to try and get the refs to bite. You agitate Bunting you’re forcing the refs to watch him more closely and if he does anything stupid guarantee he’s in the box. The risks outweigh the positives. Knies has done a pretty good job covering his minutes. I thought he was tremendous in game 2. Legit excited for this kid’s future. We need a player like this going forward. Not only his style of play compliments our group but he’s young and cheap

Reactions: authentic

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
If you havent followed the leafs closely this year then maybe hes just grabbing onto old narratives. Its true that they really improved defensively this season compared to last. 5th best GA in the league this year.

A coach will notice the little things that the Leafs are doing differently than last year a lot quicker than someone like Marek. And yeah, I dont think the leafs get much credit for their loss last year. People often lump it into all the others but that one was different. Also we did it with Jack Campbell in net.
Totally. That’s why I find it strange with Marek. I think he and Friedman have tons of ins and sources and he’s also a guy who knows stuff like the stats you posted. He knows the Leafs are better on paper. And he’s entitled to still think they’re not gonna win.

I just don’t get how he handled the whole convo with Lalonde. There’s plenty more said by Lalonde in that convo and Marek replies with nothing.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Exactly this. Him coming back just allows Tampa an easy way to try and get the refs to bite. You agitate Bunting you’re forcing the refs to watch him more closely and if he does anything stupid guarantee he’s in the box. The risks outweigh the positives. Knies has done a pretty good job covering his minutes. I thought he was tremendous in game 2. Legit excited for this kid’s future. We need a player like this going forward. Not only his style of play compliments our group but he’s young and cheap
They need to call up the university of Toronto kids and have them all take cheap shots at Bunting in scrimmage. Have him practice not retaliating... lol.

Reactions: Primary Assist

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Sid Sexeiro should stick to Breakfast Television and STFU regarding sports. He's brutal.
He’s both mr click bait and a total genuine asshole lol

The stupid hypocrite is talking shit about someone while sitting in studio.

I hope he runs into Mr Yellow on queen street so we can see if he has the nuts to call him “Mr Buttersworth” to his face hahaha

He also said this. Probably a combo of leafs getting swept (wrong!) and his pedestal preaching about what he thinks should happen.

So if/when Bunting plays in game 5 what’s he gonna say? Nothing

If you’re going to the game 5 home game…make a sign for him

STFU Sid lol

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Cooper having the demeanor he did in his post game presser was him being visibly frustrated from watching his team get ran into the ground. Him being some crazy calculated genius planning everything he says to the media sounds goofy to me, some of you are looking way too much into it.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Total coin flip from here. Leafs were complete trash in game 1. Bolts looked like a lottery team in game 2.

It's a wash. Let's see which team embarrasses themselves next

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Sid Sexeiro should stick to Breakfast Television and STFU regarding sports. He's brutal.
Yup.

Even then he grand stands and god forbid someone doesn't agree with him.

Absolute meathead. How he has got to where he has is a joke.

He's one of those guys who talks about sports and thinks he knows a lot and probably can't even skate, bat, throw, shoot any thing etc etc. Has no clue how to play anything.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Cooper having the demeanor he did in his post game presser was him being visibly frustrated from watching his team get ran into the ground. Him being some crazy calculated genius planning everything he says to the media sounds goofy to me, some of you are looking way too much into it.
He normally is pretty calculated with what he says to the media. He seemed pretty emotional last night.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Thank you lol. People go way overboard with this guy thinking he's the best there has ever been.

No I don't even like Keefe with his choices sometimes lately but holy shit... Cooper is a coach. He's won cups and that's awesome but he's not some genius.

The line he said last night about having 3 Cs he'd put up against any team was so weak.

Sure you can say... what the hell is he suppose to say... actually a lot of other things.

It was pretty funny and made him look like a dumbass.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He’s both mr click bait and a total genuine asshole lol

The stupid hypocrite is talking shit about someone while sitting in studio.

I hope he runs into Mr Yellow on queen street so we can see if he has the nuts to call him “Mr Buttersworth” to his face hahaha

He also said this. Probably a combo of leafs getting swept (wrong!) and his pedestal preaching about what he thinks should happen.

So if/when Bunting plays in game 5 what’s he gonna say? Nothing

If you’re going to the game 5 home game…make a sign for him

STFU Sid lol

He may not be wrong here. Baring an injury we may not see him.
Bunting is already in bad books with Keefe and has become a bit of a distraction

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
He may not be wrong here. Baring an injury we may not see him.
Bunting is already in bad books with Keefe and has become a bit of a distraction
We’ll see. I just think it’s a bold statement for Sid to make.

I think Bunting will be back. Either line 1 with Marner and Matthews replacing Jarn or 4 replacing Laff

Reactions: fahad203

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Starting to get annoyed with people in the media who complained that this team was butter soft then are now whining about McCabe and Schenn taking penalties for giving Tampa players a knock in the teeth once in a while.

You can't have both. You want grit and backbone, penalties are going to happen.
I remember when they did this when we had Ritchie, Simmonds and Clifford. Went from too soft to big bullies. It's usually just people who don't have anything to post about so got to whine about something.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Starting to get annoyed with people in the media who complained that this team was butter soft then are now whining about McCabe and Schenn taking penalties for giving Tampa players a knock in the teeth once in a while.

You can't have both. You want grit and backbone, penalties are going to happen.

In that same vein, it’s annoying reading the same people who’ve chirped Toronto fans for being too quiet now clutching their pearls because some fans got a little rowdy last game. There’s no winning, it’s literally us against the world.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
In that same vein, it’s annoying reading the same people who’ve chirped Toronto fans for being too quiet now clutching their pearls because some fans got a little rowdy last game. There’s no winning, it’s literally us against the world.
Good.

If Leafs want to actually win a championship... that's the way they have to think.

Us against the world.

As for the fans... we can say whatever we want. Holy shit ... Leaf fans take a beating. There is a lot of us so everyone hates us but we know how to take a beating lol.

Imagine they get the cup.... sorry but no holds barred. Leaf fans can chirp forever. f*** everyone else.

We're all so afraid because of all these defeats to just embrace playoffs and go in with the mentality that we're going to win.

Even with the losses don't lose faith. People will laugh but when they do finally break through... its going to be awesome and this team is capable. They have to believe it too though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00