Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
This Jets team should be a playoff team or at least a bubble team, should it not?

Good top 6, average-above average defense.

Their goaltending will be the X factor for this team. I'm not sold on Mason. And that's the only reason I would consider them a bubble team.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Would love to avenge that 4-0 collapse last year. Will be a great test for our improved defense.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This Jets team should be a playoff team or at least a bubble team, should it not?

Good top 6, average-above average defense.

Their goaltending will be the X factor for this team. I'm not sold on Mason. And that's the only reason I would consider them a bubble team.
Yes sir, they doing it. But our team is a bit bitter and better. We have better offense and better role players than those guys. They have the better D though. Our goaltending is better. We might win tomorrow and this is going to be quite a season. We should all be investing in this club now, since we are doing better again. Lou and shanahan have brought as some great team again. This is going to be an entertaining season again.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Peg are going to have a great team this year. Just not sold at all on Mason. Goaltending may get exposed again. If not they are a play-off team.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
So... for you friends keeping track at home, ole mikeyg was right about both fehr and marincin.... I knew that weasel marincin would find a way. With that being said though, it is kinda better that rosen gets games rather than being the 7th d. All I need now is for leivo to get traded and ill be 3/3 with the calls here! But 2/3 ain't bad boys.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
If leafs lose they come that much closer to missing the playoffs. Need to win this to stay in the race

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So... for you friends keeping track at home, ole mikeyg was right about both fehr and marincin.... I knew that weasel marincin would find a way. With that being said though, it is kinda better that rosen gets games rather than being the 7th d. All I need now is for leivo to get traded and ill be 3/3 with the calls here! But 2/3 ain't bad boys.
God you're obnoxious for getting a % that is a C in school.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hard building to start in, but in a way, they are away from home rink opening night hoopla until Sat. Play a smart game and they'll come away with the 2 points. Watch out for the Buttafoohglin.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I have a lot of work to get done, which I keep procrastinating on lol. Will try to catch the 1st though.

Should be fun

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
So,is kadri 's line still the shutdown line and does that mean that they go against Laine's line?
And does laine play right wing, in which case Marleau would check him??

Reactions: Polaris1010

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So,is kadri 's line still the shutdown line and does that mean that they go against Laine's line?

It's a road game so it will be tough to get matchups consistently.

Also Scheifele/Wheeler is probably more dangerous than Laine's line tbh.

Babs main job should be keeping the Bozak line away from both of them. Let Auston and Kadri handle the top two lines, doesn't really matter which one specifically. Their third and fourth lines are no threat, Bozak's line won't get exposed defensively.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
The Leafs don't run a shutdown line. They run a matchup line with a shadow on a specific target. The role of this line is to be an in your face puck possession line. The goal is to force the oppositions best to play more defense then they would like which is why offensive abilities to score is important.

Depending on who the target is mostly based on position the shadow is ether Kadri or Komorov. If I'm a betting man Laine will get a dose of Komorov in his face all game long. Marleau is there to be a strong 2 way forward but the appeal is that he will provide offense & finish on that line from a big bodied forward who can stretch defense do to he could flat out fly. In theory if this works out come season end it will be the Leafs best & most important line.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
It certainly seems like a big deal from the Winnipeg perspective.

Not really.

Went thru both teams pregame threads for tomorrow's game ( ya I need a life)

Jets pregame day thread:
280 post with one post bashing leaf fans, and not one proclaiming Laine the better player (which he is imo ).
Zero post talking about a rivalry other than a twitter quote from Babcock dismissing the rivalry, which was agreed with by another poster.
Mostly positive analysis of both young dynamic rosters and game matchups.

Leafs pregame thread:
124 posts, 11 of which are talking about this rivalry, proclaiming Mathews far superior over Laine or how annoying jets fans are.
There are some good posts though

So more than double the posts by Jets fans, but a fifth less than Leaf fans, that show this rivalry as a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad