Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No chance fella.

Eichel just got 10. Matthews price just started at 10 and up.

So their is no chance that Nylander and Marner will sign for 5 each.

eichel is a world class terrible deal,

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Pretty excited about this game. Nice to see who's with the big club as well.

The forward roster isn't really changed much from last season, which is good. Scoring goals wasn't issue anyhow. That line of Marleau-Kadri-Komarov is a little concerning because they really didn't have much chemistry in their pre-season games. Hopefully they develop some or Babs does some line tinkering. My only real disappointment is Fehr making the club. He hasn't ever played a full season in the NHL. He did well in camp and pre-season so earned himself a spot but the dude is made of glass. I can live with the decision because first off; it's the fourth line so, meh. And second; when the does go down, the Leafs have other serviceable fourth liners that can come up and take his spot.

I'm really more jazzed about the huge changes to the Leafs D. Hopefully this pays off over the long haul of 82 games with a lower goals against and better D-zone play.

Andersen has had a full camp and looks healthy so I expect a better start than last season. That alone should add a few more wins in the overall column from last season.

All we need now is for the first game to start so the Leafs can lay a scoreboard beating on the Jets.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
it is exactly here and there, terrible deals don,t set benchmarks, league norms do
Eichel is a franchise center though as much as Matthews.
This isn't David Clarkson where you say sorry Leo, we aren't paying you 5 million/year.
McDavid,Draisaitl,Eichel,etc. will set the league norm for these types of players/positions.

Reactions: Diddy

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
it is exactly here and there, terrible deals don,t set benchmarks, league norms do

Matthews is going to come to the table with that as a bench mark. And we are not going to nickle and dime the face of our organization for the next 10-15 years

With someone like Kadri or Brown or even Andersen...maybe yeah...outlier contracts will not effect our negotiations with what is more a league average norm.

But not Matthews. Matthews will get what he asks for.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Eichel is a franchise center though as much as Matthews.
This isn't David Clarkson where you say sorry Leo, we aren't paying you 5 million/year.
McDavid,Draisaitl,Eichel,etc. will set the league norm for these types of players/positions.

drais at 8.5m and you and i see eichel very very differently

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Matthews is going to come to the table with that as a bench mark. And we are not going to nickle and dime the face of our organization for the next 10-15 years

With someone like Kadri or Brown or even Andersen...maybe yeah...outlier contracts will not effect our negotiations with what is more a league average norm.

But not Matthews. Matthews will get what he asks for.

matthews will get what lou lam offers

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
First FULL season following the leafs. Games are on at midnight over here so just ordered NHL TV.

Looking forward to you guys teaching me some more this year :D

Go Leafs!

Nice to see someone over the pond developing into a Leaf fan! Takes some dedication to stay up that late to watch the games. :thumbu:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Patrik Laine has played Toronto Maple Leafs twice and scored 5 (five) goals.

Auston matthews has played Winnipeg Jets twice and has not scored a single goal in these games.

Laine has smoked Matthews head-head in WJC, WC and NHL seems to go down the same path.

Laine has him in the bag mentally, big time. No question. Matthews zero (0) goals.

Yeah and Matthews got 80x more calder votes, more goals, and more points. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad