Proposal: Leafs Trades to Fix Defensive Woes

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
There is. His name is Chris Tanev. But for some reason Toronto fans **** all over the idea of having him on their team. If you want a top pairing D without any real flaws then the cost is going to start with one of the big 3 and go up from their.

Toronto is no longer rebuilding. The resistance to trading some young assets to get better today is confusing to me.

Most of us are not opposed to having Tanev on the team. But saying that he is going to cost "one of the big 3 and up from there" is going to get a whole lot of angry buzzing. If you want to talk about Kapanen and a first, you'll have a bunch of people making conversation. But Tanev has two very serious flaws in that he provides almost no offense, and more importantly he is lucky to get 65 games in a year. Leafs fans aren't resistant to trading some young assets to get better, but Tanev comes with far too much risk to have a price tag like Nylander. Furthermore, if a player like Travis Hamonic only costs a 1st and two seconds, Tanev is just completely overpriced. He's better than Hamonic, but that's a much better comparable than the Larsson-Hall trade.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Most of us are not opposed to having Tanev on the team. But saying that he is going to cost "one of the big 3 and up from there" is going to get a whole lot of angry buzzing. If you want to talk about Kapanen and a first, you'll have a bunch of people making conversation. But Tanev has two very serious flaws in that he provides almost no offense, and more importantly he is lucky to get 65 games in a year. Leafs fans aren't resistant to trading some young assets to get better, but Tanev comes with far too much risk to have a price tag like Nylander. Furthermore, if a player like Travis Hamonic only costs a 1st and two seconds, Tanev is just completely overpriced. He's better than Hamonic, but that's a much better comparable than the Larsson-Hall trade.
Big 3.. lol. More like Marner n friends.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yup, i think if TO trades for him, it will be 1st+2nd+

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Seabrooke and Weber are good dman getting older and worse on very expensive contracts they aren’t worth much especially not a young elite winger in Nylander

What's your definition of elite. Scoring 60 points as a winger is good but it doesn't scream elite to me.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
5'11, 172 pound kid with a 45% FO% is definitely out of place... Very far so. He had comparable FO% to Jonathan Drouin, who is so far from being a C it's ridiculous.

Aho can play C if needed, and is a good cycle into the draw when your C gets booted, but he is not a 1C or 2C, he is an elite young winger in the making.

Aho doesn't have the size to play C, just like Drouin doesn't. He's a talented winger, that's where he should stay.

alright
Connor McDavid won 41.4% of his faceoffs this season.

why did you have to remind me of my shit takes.

Aho is nuts. I was wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3