Proposal: Leafs Trades to Fix Defensive Woes

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018
What deal? Nylander?? Or the 1st+Liljegren+? Because both of those are an overpayment for 1.3 years of an older LHD. At the time i was good with our 1st+2nd+prospect (not Liljegren level).....
Whatever deal was necessary to get McDonagh. It couldnt have been hard to add a 2nd to topple it in Toronto’s favor but instead management chose to keep assets rather than make good use of cost controlled players

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Whatever deal was necessary to get McDonagh. It couldnt have been hard to add a 2nd to topple it in Toronto’s favor but instead management chose to keep assets rather than make good use of cost controlled players
We don't know what was offered.demanded by either GM....so we can't really argue. Maybe it was contingent on dumping the extra contract in Miller? Who knows?

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018
We don't know what was offered.demanded by either GM....so we can't really argue. Maybe it was contingent on dumping the extra contract in Miller? Who knows?
Miller wasn’t a cap dump and you dont have to know the offer to knoe you believe what Tampa gave was crap and so I guess it should have been easy enough to beat it as Toronto.

But here we are - McDonagh isnt in Toronto and so either the package isnt as crap as you think or your management doesnt care much to compete now

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Miller wasn’t a cap dump and you dont have to know the offer to knoe you believe what Tampa gave was crap and so I guess it should have been easy enough to beat it as Toronto.

But here we are - McDonagh isnt in Toronto and so either the package isnt as crap as you think or your management doesnt care much to compete now

Not gonna lie, after hearing TO was involved...my 1st thought was "we couldn't beat that?"....but alas, i'm not the GM.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Toronto had the assets to get McD no problem, mgmt probably didn’t want a bidding war to go one more round - may have been the smart move

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Nice picks, I love how you showed high picks were traded like the Leafs weren’t trying to come up with bandaid solutions instead of a full tear down. How about year 2 of a proper rebuild, is that better for ya wise ass?

But if those picks before the "rebuild" dont count, then maybe we should remove: Reilly, Andersen, Kapanen, JVR, Kadri from the team right off the bat, cuz they are all involved in the picks that dont count, would you make the playoff then?

Should we ignore every pick Oilers did before Drai/Mcdavid? Cuz then Oilers has had more success then Leafs, since they reached the second round?

Reactions: JohnnyManzielCanuck

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Yup but I bet they aren't that high on the high danger scoring chances. Leafs allow lots of shot from out far or from bad angles but not too many from the slot.
Just another easy 36 shots against a last night.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
But if those picks before the "rebuild" dont count, then maybe we should remove: Reilly, Andersen, Kapanen, JVR, Kadri from the team right off the bat, cuz they are all involved in the picks that dont count, would you make the playoff then?

Should we ignore every pick Oilers did before Drai/Mcdavid? Cuz then Oilers has had more success then Leafs, since they reached the second round?

Actually only Rielly and Kadri were drafted by the Leafs and Kadri ages ago. The rest were all trades. You can’t really compare the Leafs and Oilers rebuilds, the Oilers tanked for ages and got 4 #1 picks plus more high picks, the Leafs has one #1 and made the playoffs the year after and next. The Leafs have rebuilt properly, the Oilers not. The Leafs tried the quick fix in the initial Kessel deal and it cost them Seguin, the Oilers messed up and it cost them Hall who may just win MVP this year.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Actually only Rielly and Kadri were drafted by the Leafs and Kadri ages ago. The rest were all trades. You can’t really compare the Leafs and Oilers rebuilds, the Oilers tanked for ages and got 4 #1 picks plus more high picks, the Leafs has one #1 and made the playoffs the year after and next. The Leafs have rebuilt properly, the Oilers not. The Leafs tried the quick fix in the initial Kessel deal and it cost them Seguin, the Oilers messed up and it cost them Hall who may just win MVP this year.

JVR came for Schenn, drafted 5 ov
Andersen, Kapanen came from the Kessel deal

shall we keep going?

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
That's a lot of post, saying "my butt hurts" probably would have been enough

Your grammatical skills are about equal to your hockey knowledge. Throw in the edgy Archer picture, and denial that your team has holes bigger than Freddy's 5-hole last night --- it all makes sense now.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Lupul would argue he is fine.

Hossa is allergic to his jersey after playing in the NHL for almost two decades.

Sure.
Well lupul would be wrong, and it's been proven. Hossa was also proven to be allergic to his equipment. But yah just keep ignoring facts and making statements without them. (That's was sarcasm, you will be wrong in the future if you continue to do it).

Jan 21, 2018
I love how Leaf fans smack other teams for their sucking and failed rebuilds while they have had loads of top-10 picks the last decade, but we should just ignore that, cuz of ”reasons”...

I love how casual hockey fans think rebuilding and being a terrible team are the same thing.

Just because you finish with a lottery pick doesn't mean you're rebuilding. The Phaneuf era leafs is no different than the Oilers/Habs right now, you could add as many high picks as you want but the team isn't going to get any better when it is managed so poorly.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I love how casual hockey fans think rebuilding and being a terrible team are the same thing.

Just because you finish with a lottery pick doesn't mean you're rebuilding. The Phaneuf era leafs is no different than the Oilers/Habs right now, you could add as many high picks as you want but the team isn't going to get any better when it is managed so poorly.

Since Leaf fans are smacking canucks cuz they cant rebuild etc etc, so if Canucks drafts Dahlin this year, this would be their first year of the rebuild? Good it is settled.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00