Pre-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens - Game Cancelled in Light of Ottawa Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
its sad and fked up and RIP to the soldier but your going to cancle a sport game becausee of a shooting? Cmon....

Ottawa arena is 30-40 mins from downtown not even in the AREA.

The safety of human beings is more important than a ****ing sports game.

You think the players want to get out there in that state of mind, or the people of Ottawa want to drive out there, or people want to work there after this? **** off. So selfish.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Like I said in the other thread, until it is announced stop making up information. I'm not surprised you are doing it, but stating opinion as fact is a stupid thing to do.

The NHL will announce it, and it will most likely be postponed, but that is NOT your call.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Selfishly I'd like them to play since I have tickets and a hotel booked but I understand and it probably should be postponed.

horner

May 22, 2007
its sad and fked up and RIP to the soldier but your going to cancle a sport game becausee of a shooting? Cmon....

Ottawa arena is 30-40 mins from downtown not even in the AREA.

The hockey teams can't leave there hotel

How can there be gm without them lol

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Chris Stevenson @CJ_Stevenson
The #senators #leafs game has been postponed.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Though reports are mixed, it looks like there hasn't been any confirmed deaths as a result of this. If the situation gets under control soon and that doesn't change, I can't imagine the game being cancelled.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Rescheduled meeting to be announced at a later date. #TMLtalk

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Game postponed . #TMLtalk

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
A smart and obvious move for the NHL to make. It's best that fans and players take time to reflect on what has happened, pay their respects, and properly get back into game mode. There is not way psychologically that many of the players would have been prepared for tonight. Especially for any of the Leafs who actually heard the shots and for everyone locked down.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Though reports are mixed, it looks like there hasn't been any confirmed deaths as a result of this. If the situation gets under control soon and that doesn't change, I can't imagine the game being cancelled.
Very much confirmed

Jason Kenney ن @kenneyjason · 23m 23 minutes ago

Condolences to family of the soldier killed, & prayers for the Parliamentary guard wounded. Canada will not be terrorized or intimidated.

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor

Soldier shot at the memorial has died.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Selfishly I am very pissed off that the game is postponed. However, I do understand the need to do it. **** whoever was behind this!

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Selfishly I am very pissed off that the game is postponed. However, I do understand the need to do it. **** whoever was behind this!

Well, I blew money on hotel, tickets for 2 people and gas. Not trying to be rude or selfish but you're just missing a television program. I am a poor Uni student out at least a few hundred bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille