Pre-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens - Game Cancelled in Light of Ottawa Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Mike Zeisberger @Zeisberger
Initial indications are that the game will not be rescheduled for tomorrow although that has yet to be confirmed. #Sens #Leafs

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Well, I blew money on hotel, tickets for 2 people and gas. Not trying to be rude or selfish but you're just missing a television program. I am a poor Uni student out at least a few hundred bucks.

The epitome of the term "First World Problems." Your ticket will be valid for the rescehduled game. The rest you can chock up to lucky you weren't the one shot defending one of our memorial sites.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Mike Zeisberger @Zeisberger
Initial indications are that the game will not be rescheduled for tomorrow although that has yet to be confirmed. #Sens #Leafs

This was supposed to be a nationally televised game... I suspect that would be a reason they couldn't play tomorrow, because Robbers will want it on a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday. That, along with there still being a threat out there. Remember how long it took for the Boston bombers to be rounded up?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Definitely the right call was made. Wasn't even thinking about the game when I heard the news. Only realized the game was in Ottawa when I got the notifications via both the NHL and TSN apps on my tablet.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The epitome of the term "First World Problems." Your ticket will be valid for the rescehduled game. The rest you can chock up to lucky you weren't the one shot defending one of our memorial sites.

And lucky they didn't target the game or have the chance to. I'm not losing sleep over some guy losing hotel and gas money.

This game needed to be cancelled.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This is hitting home in Toronto too...

CP24 @CP24
The TTC says it has “implemented heightened security across the entire transit system” in light of the shootings in Ottawa.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Well, I blew money on hotel, tickets for 2 people and gas. Not trying to be rude or selfish but you're just missing a television program. I am a poor Uni student out at least a few hundred bucks.

Your ticket will be fine and can be used on the makeup game. The hotel may actually refund you, or honor you booking for the night of the makeup game, as far as gas money...oh well.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Well, without trying, you are being selfish.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Some of you are pissed it got cancelled? Sick people.
Not pissed, it is a tragedy and my condolences but am I upset I am out 400-500 bucks? Yes, I am a Uni student strapped for cash taking my 1 minitrip this year and visiting my brother. Might be nothing compared to the tragedy but I have a right to be upset about the whole situation.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Your ticket will be fine and can be used on the makeup game. The hotel may actually refund you, or honor you booking for the night of the makeup game, as far as gas money...oh well.

It would be a pretty big **** move for the hotel to not honour his booking in light of the circumstances

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013

I live in Toronto and school will likely prevent me from going to the makeup game. Sorry if I come off selfish just a frustrating situation. I realize safety is way more important than a hockey game.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Not pissed, it is a tragedy and my condolences but am I upset I am out 400-500 bucks? Yes, I am a Uni student strapped for cash taking my 1 minitrip this year and visiting my brother. Might be nothing compared to the tragedy but I have a right to be upset about the whole situation.

If you're as strapped for cash as you say you are maybe you shouldn't be taking a "minitrip" :shakehead:shakehead

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

No, not really!

The only thing you will be out is the time and gas money. No hotel will not refund the money or cancel the booking. Your ticket to the game will be good when the game is rescheduled.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

You and the others posting similar comments need to relax and gain some perspective. Don't get so caught up in the media circus. Yes, it's a tragic situation but you have no right pretending somebody can't be annoyed or inconvenienced, people are capable of experiencing more than one feeling at a time.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You have the right to yes Matt. However voicing that opinion publicly is probably not the smartest thing to do especially at this time.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
Best Guess next Wednesday will be the game

SN doesnt have a National Game and the Leafs and Sens both dont like that day.

DET/WSH on SN1
NSH/EDM on SN1 / 360

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
No, not really!

The only thing you will be out is the time and gas money. No hotel will not refund the money or cancel the booking. Your ticket to the game will be good when the game is rescheduled.

I meant upset about the shootings not the hockey game, sorry am on my phone.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
You have the right to yes Matt. However voicing that opinion publicly is probably not the smartest thing to do especially at this time.

Understood, was not my intention to diminish what happened. I understand the gravity of the situation.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Are you guys seriously attacking Matt? For god sakes.

He obviously feels bad about the shooting and everything that happened and understand why it was cancelled, but if someone is broke and spent a bunch of money to go for nothing they aren't allowed to be upset? Of course he is. I'd be pissed too that I blew 500+ bucks for nothing.

Stop acting like you have to be completely torn up by this. It's a tragedy, but you can still be upset that something you were looking forward too and spent your limited resources on is for nothing.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
You and the others posting similar comments need to relax and gain some perspective. Don't get so caught up in the media circus. Yes, it's a tragic situation but you have no right pretending somebody can't be annoyed or inconvenienced, people are capable of experiencing more than one feeling at a time.

And they have a right to. They also have a right to keep it to themselves.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I feel for you but your supposed to pretend like you're not upset for selfish reasons in times like these.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Are you guys seriously attacking Matt? For god sakes.

He obviously feels bad about the shooting and everything that happened and understand why it was cancelled, but if someone is broke and spent a bunch of money to go for nothing they aren't allowed to be upset? Of course he is. I'd be pissed too that I blew 500+ bucks for nothing.

Stop acting like you have to be completely torn up by this. It's a tragedy, but you can still be upset that something you were looking forward too and spent your limited resources on is for nothing.

Yup. Stuff like this happens every day. Maybe not right here in our backyard but somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad