Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers Tue Apr 16 730PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Since there is nothing to play for in the standings I hope they try some stuff to get the points & goals. Have JT and AM on at 5v5 for the 3 second goal off a faceoff. Load up line one with the big 3
Personally I wouldn't play Mathew's against Florida.
They play dirty Mathews is someone that could beat them in the playoffs all by himself.
I know they will try something in the playoffs.
TB is nothing to win taking Mathew's out Florida does.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I don't see any reason for Leafs to come out flying and if Boston clinches 1st in the Atlantic, none for Florida either.
I thought they'd play more Marlies tonight but it doesn't seem like they are... so I'm guessing they're not quite mailing it in.

Just saying maybe both teams want to send a message tonight. Not saying it'll nesscarily be the best idea either.

We'll see. Reaves is in tonight too.
I like their 4th line like that.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I thought they'd play more Marlies tonight but it doesn't seem like they are... so I'm guessing they're not quite mailing it in.

Just saying maybe both teams want to send a message tonight. Not saying it'll nesscarily be the best idea either.

Game is tomorrow. Would love to see both teams fired up but that might not be a good idea for the Leafs. Keefe needs to tread carefully.

Reactions: Burnie97

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Game is tomorrow. Would love to see both teams fired up but that might not be a good idea for the Leafs. Keefe needs to tread carefully.
Leafs thrashed Florida last year late. It meant nothing. Like this game. Both teams will want to just get through it healthy

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

They don't have the cap space a bunch of Marlies.

Reactions: Burnie97

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Leafs thrashed Florida last year late. It meant nothing. Like this game. Both teams will want to just get through it healthy
We did beat them 6-2 in March, but then played them twice more and lost one 3-2 in OT and won the other one 2-1 OT, so close games. The 3-2 loss was the start of the 6 game win streak for the Panthers with Lyon in net which saved their season and helped them squeak into playoffs

Reactions: Jojalu

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This is going great... Can't wait to limp into the playoffs.

Yeah, drag….next man up I guess?
Tho it seemed like Domi could play in a pinch.
Dewar is still in the wings, and they’ve been fine without Krok - though I’m not sure MM’s ankle is very suited for aggressive penalty killing right now so he’d definitely have that role.
Speaking of, is Calle in LTIR? And if not, why not? There's the money for Webber and a recall for the next couple of games.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, drag….next man up I guess?
Tho it seemed like Domi could play in a pinch.
Dewar is still in the wings, and they’ve been fine without Krok - though I’m not sure MM’s ankle is very suited for aggressive penalty killing right now so he’d definitely have that role.
Speaking of, is Calle in LTIR? And if not, why not? There's the money for Webber and a recall for the next couple of games.
He is on LTIR and we only have 500k in cap. No room to add anybody.

Reactions: OddyOh and aingefan

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Yea it makes sense that they wouldn’t want to sit out

I wonder how keefe approaches this. Does he sit guys like McCabe and the core 4+ Rielly out to get them rest or does he play them to keep them fresh but risk injury. If he goes the latter of much rather go 11-7 and manage the big guys minutes to under 17.

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I hope it's Saturday night!
I much prefer weekend sporting events in the afternoon because it has the “big game” feel to it, but due to other commitments, I can’t watch the NHL this Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Jojalu

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is going great... Can't wait to limp into the playoffs.

Domi will be fine and ready for game 1.

I much prefer weekend sporting events in the afternoon because it has the “big game” feel to it, but due to other commitments, I can’t watch the NHL this Saturday afternoon.
NHL games on Saturday night in late May and June are not my favourite. I would prefer those games be in the afternoon.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Domi will be fine and ready for game 1.

NHL games on Saturday night in late May and June are not my favourite. I would prefer those games be in the afternoon.
June games are on ESPN here so I probably wont be watching if the matchup isn’t compelling.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Who are you thinking would shadow the top line?

I'd rather put the Benoit/McCabe pairing vs Tkachuk than a fwd group personally

Yeah Benoit and McCabe will definitely be a nice duo to throw at the Tkachuk line and maybe rotate in a little Edmundson for good measure to lay the lumber and handle the between the whistle stuff that is inevitable. Do you just throw Matthews Domi and Bertuzzi and them and just go H2H?

With Barkov and Reinhart. I’m guessing we don’t need to throw that much of the rough stuff at them but just hang in and try to sever their connection. I dunno if you build a line with Tavares, Knies and give him the Shayne Corson assignment. The worry is Barkov will outlast JT defensively and eventually counter punch.

Hopefully that creates a mismatch for Marner and Nylander? Problem is we haven’t developed something like the Zezel Osbourne Berg identity line we can just throw at someone’s offense.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
We did beat them 6-2 in March, but then played them twice more and lost one 3-2 in OT and won the other one 2-1 OT, so close games. The 3-2 loss was the start of the 6 game win streak for the Panthers with Lyon in net which saved their season and helped them squeak into playoffs
Am I thinking about Tampa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad